I gotta be honest..I have no fucking clue what any of this means.At no point did I or anyone else mention anyone's poker prowess, at least that I'm aware of. Oh, and he's been called the 'President of Iran' several times now..anyone got those last Iranian election results handy?
drawing...its under the quote from daniel...i was commenting on his point
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, I dunno. Maybe because those wing nuts have no problem hurling two planes into two gigantic centers of commerce?
While you're entire post sounded generally like the ramblings of a retarded monkey, this line in particular struck me as stupid. Not only was Iran or Ahmadinejad not responsible for 9/11, but neither was Iraq or Saddam. I swear, hardcore Republicans that refuse to see any error in the ways of their leaders are getting scary now. That's one hell of a propaganda machine that Bush has running when he can publicly admit that Iraq/Saddam were not responsible for 9/11, yet his key supporters STILL believe the opposite. Bush has become very adept at creating faux patriotism by presenting bold faced lies as real intelligence. Then when somebody questions his motives, he doesn't have to answer, because all of the new "patriots" will attack that person for him.Bush's imperialistic attitude is dangerous, and it is about to get us into another unwinnable war. Think about it. We are currently fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. We are having trouble keeping enough active troops deployed to support those two wars. What is the option when we go to war with Iran? That would be the draft, for those of you who are too dense to figure out answers to rhetorical questions.Now, onto the reasons for war with Iran. Hmmm...they are Muslim, but we supposedly don't hate people simply for religious affiliation. Well, they have nuclear technology that they claim is for peaceful purposes and we cannot prove otherwise. Plus, if they are building a nuclear warhead, how is that reason enough to attack? Did we attack Pakistan when we knew for a fact that they were developing nukes? Nope. How about India? Nope. Why, all of a sudden, is this a big f***ing deal? I can tell you one thing for damned sure, if I had a crazy son of a ***** like Bush fighting wars on two of my borders, I would be developing a nuke myself.Despite what Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and President Bush tell you, AMERICA IS NOT THE WORLD POLICE! It is not our responsibility to end all injustice in the world. Especially when we apply our "justice" selectively.
are you implying the US' economy is not in the crapper? this isn't really the thread for it, but if that was your implication, then you are sorely mistaken.
Please tell me by what measure the American Economy is in the crapper?BTW When Clinton left office the country was in recession.
Please tell me by what measure the American Economy is in the crapper?BTW When Clinton left office the country was in recession.
if you're interested, i'd suggest a new thread since this one still has potential and some good discussion. i'm not an expert, but i can probably give some help, and i know there's lots of other economic-minded people around.

Our economy is most certainly not in the crapper. Anyone who says that doesn't know what the "crapper" is. Really, even the recession in the early 00's was not "in the crapper." Ask how Japan felt when their interest rate was zero, and they still couldn't get things going. I don't think the "World Police" argument really has anything to do with Afghanistan and Iraq, as those were implicitly for American protection. "World Police" would be something like Bosnia, Somalia, etc.

A radical muslim is a radical muslim? No difference between Iran, Afghanistan, and Algeria? DrawingDed, if you really believe this you have a lot to learn about the world. Let me start off by saying I saw the Ahmejijad interview when it first aired on 20/20 and my first impressions of him were that I was impressed with the way he answered questions and the answers he gave. If his views weren't so extreme and he was a white man running for U.S. president, he would destroy Bush in a debate. Having said that, his "charming" personality on the show makes it easy to forget that he said he wanted to wipe Israel off the map. I am not a muslim and do not agree with virtually any of his politcal and social views. I think as a human being he is morally despicable, and pure scum. However, I think you(DD) are just as despicable for lumping people of one religion together. The Iranians had nothing to do with the towers, absolutely nothing. The fact that a small percentage of their people were glad that it happened doesn't mean ****. As many people in France and Germany were probably smiling as people in Iran on September 11. So, I guess a black person is a black person is a black person. Those raping young girls in Darfur are horrible people, so we should look down on and punish every black from America, Zimbabwe, and Amsterdam yes? A Christian is a Christian, they were once responsible for the crusades so we should send them all to the guillotine to pay for the sins of their fathers? If there ever is a World War III, it will be because of ignorant, stupid Americans like you DD. People who see an image of the towers falling, and then an image of the hijackers splashed on the news, and want revenge against every Middle Eastern looking Muslim wearing a turbin. Believe it or not, most of the people of Iran are the opposite of extremists. The majority of young people 15-27 in Iran are very "Americanized". They are not orthodox religious and do not agree with many of Ahmenijad's stances. Just because you're a white boy from Iowa doesn't mean you should become an ignorant racist. People like you will determine the future of this country, just as your peers in Iran will determine theirs. If this kind of blind hate continues, the world will have a pretty desolate future, and I'll be moving to Canada.

A radical muslim is a radical muslim? No difference between Iran, Afghanistan, and Algeria? DrawingDed, if you really believe this you have a lot to learn about the world. Let me start off by saying I saw the Ahmejijad interview when it first aired on 20/20 and my first impressions of him were that I was impressed with the way he answered questions and the answers he gave. If his views weren't so extreme and he was a white man running for U.S. president, he would destroy Bush in a debate. Having said that, his "charming" personality on the show makes it easy to forget that he said he wanted to wipe Israel off the map. I am not a muslim and do not agree with virtually any of his politcal and social views. I think as a human being he is morally despicable, and pure scum. However, I think you(DD) are just as despicable for lumping people of one religion together. The Iranians had nothing to do with the towers, absolutely nothing. The fact that a small percentage of their people were glad that it happened doesn't mean ****. As many people in France and Germany were probably smiling as people in Iran on September 11. So, I guess a black person is a black person is a black person. Those raping young girls in Darfur are horrible people, so we should look down on and punish every black from America, Zimbabwe, and Amsterdam yes? A Christian is a Christian, they were once responsible for the crusades so we should send them all to the guillotine to pay for the sins of their fathers? If there ever is a World War III, it will be because of ignorant, stupid Americans like you DD. People who see an image of the towers falling, and then an image of the hijackers splashed on the news, and want revenge against every Middle Eastern looking Muslim wearing a turbin. Believe it or not, most of the people of Iran are the opposite of extremists. The majority of young people 15-27 in Iran are very "Americanized". They are not orthodox religious and do not agree with many of Ahmenijad's stances. Just because you're a white boy from Iowa doesn't mean you should become an ignorant racist. People like you will determine the future of this country, just as your peers in Iran will determine theirs. If this kind of blind hate continues, the world will have a pretty desolate future, and I'll be moving to Canada.
Speaking of stereotyping you arrogant, self-righteous fuck. This white boy was born in Misawa, Japan, then moved to San Diego before moving to Des Moines, thank you very much. An Iowan is an Iowan is an Iowan right? Because I lived in Des Moines for 8 years I'm some hayseed that has no understanding of the real world? You're right, *I'm* the ignorant one. I never said, "All Iranians are radical Muslims." I never said, "All Muslims are radical." I said, "A radical Muslim is a radical Muslim is a radical Muslim.""A radical Branch Davidian is a radical Branch Davidian is a radical Branch Davidian.." Oh, that's not so bad, is it? Do you understand why that's not racist? If I had said, "A radical Jew is a radical Jew is a radical Jew" you wouldn't have gotten upset, would you? Same goes if I substituted Christian or Hindu. Don't talk to me about being open minded, you fucking hypocrite. Learn to read critically.Radical Muslims are a danger to our society, so are radical Christians, so are radical Jews, so are radical Bhuddists. Just because the subject of my commentary was Muslim doesn't make me racist.Deal.
Bush, on the other hand, comes off horribly in debates and in public speaking to those outside the U.S. His temper shows in his words and he often seems out of control. The Iranian president did a much better job of seeming in control of his emotions- in other words, he'd crush Bush at the poker table! Wouldn't even be close.
Richard Nixon was the best poker player president we've ever had. So it's good to see that you accept that he was a good president too.I am amazed at how quickly people want to believe that poor speaking skills equals ignorance.Bush doesn't speak well, but makes tough desicions with the goal of protecting the American people. 5 years later there hasn't been another attack terrorist on America soil.Clinton spoke very well, and made decisions that hurt America's safety ( think China ). After giving Bin Hiding his best shot ( 100 cruise missles ) Bin Ladin says America is weak and begins planning 9/11.After Bush's best shot, Bin ladin is in a cave scared everytime a plane flys overhead.Give me a poor speaker that kicks butt over a poll driven good speaker that let Bin ladin get away because he didn't want to look bad if there were problems.The rest of the world's opinion is so irrelevant that it's comical.

Wow Daniel,This guy would love to have you and everyone you love murdered on the spot yet you say "GEEEE WHAT A GREAT SPEAKER. HES NOT SO BAD AFTER ALL. BUSH STUTTERS!!!"Give me a break. I'm not a Bush fan but even I can see what a monster the president of Iran is. Your blogs go out to millions of people not only here but on Cardplayer as well. Maybe you should think twice before you publish things like this.

Lots of Anti-bush Rhetoric
I think you are missing the point. This discussion is not about wether or not Bush is a good president, but about Daniels comments regarding Ahmadinejad.To focus on how he presents himself and that he would beat Bush in poker is almost too inane to comment on. Not inane enough, as i am commenting though. A previous poster made a comment that Hitler was charismatic as well. This is preceisely what makes them dangerous, as their rhetoric and hate get lost on certain people. He has called for the destruction of Israel, and claims the Holocaust never happened. For daniel to sit there and comment on how he presents himself is insulting at best. I think we all understand Iranians did not fly the planes Mr. Kid Poker. Have you ever heard of Hezbollah? You do realize they support Terrorist groups, and while maybe none of the 9/11 hijackers were from Iran, Iran is a principle financier of terrorist activity. I think perhaps you should learn a little more of the history of the ayatollah, Ahmadinejad and Iran, before you make uneducated comments that show you really know nothing about what is going on. Maybe a visit to Treblinka or another deathcamp before you espouse on the calm manner of a holocaust denier.Maybe im wrong. Maybe you understand perfectly what is going on, and really just hate bush and view Ahmadinejad as the lesser of what in your mind is two evils. I certainly hope not, for that would imply many things i would rather not be true about you. I would rather you just be a guy who cant see past people's calm exterior, and can only relate things to poker. Maybe your hatred of Bush just blinds you to other things. Either way, your blog, and subsequent comments are just dissapointing42
Richard Nixon was the best poker player president we've ever had. So it's good to see that you accept that he was a good president too.I am amazed at how quickly people want to believe that poor speaking skills equals ignorance.Bush doesn't speak well, but makes tough desicions with the goal of protecting the American people. 5 years later there hasn't been another attack terrorist on America soil.Clinton spoke very well, and made decisions that hurt America's safety ( think China ). After giving Bin Hiding his best shot ( 100 cruise missles ) Bin Ladin says America is weak and begins planning 9/11.After Bush's best shot, Bin ladin is in a cave scared everytime a plane flys overhead.Give me a poor speaker that kicks butt over a poll driven good speaker that let Bin ladin get away because he didn't want to look bad if there were problems.The rest of the world's opinion is so irrelevant that it's comical.
well, we'll see how comical it is when WWIII starts due to the US being unable/unwilling to repay its enormous debt to China. The rest of the world is progressing at an unbelievable pace, and moving towards greatest standards of living for all people. The US is single-handedly holding back the global standard of living, feeling that because they are currently ahead of many countries, it isn't a big deal that they're falling behind.Is this post ignorant, biased and an oversimplification? Yes, but I still feel like i'm almost definitely right. I guess being the US is more fun than i thought.edit - i should mention that this is not really an attack on Balloon Guy, who generally seems to be aware of the issues. In my opinion, his views are extremely dangerous, but at least he accepts certain things about the US that most people ignorantly deny, and defends them.One of the dangers of such a view though is that you may be wrong, and never realize it. Bush has probably done more to put the US in danger relative to China than Clinton. Not everything is as direct as it seems, and having a growing, uncompromising, trillion dollar debt to a powerful country is generally not a good strategy.
I totally understand that anything a politician says has to be taken with several grains of salt. The same things can be said about anything Bush says publicly. He's just so much easier to read when he's lying since many of his lies are so far fetched and the stories he tells to back them up aren't reasonable. "We are there to liberate the people." How does he even say that without busting up laughing?
We didn't invade Iraq to liberate people only. That's just a pleasent side effect.We went to stabalize a region that has radical terrorist and lots and lots of oil money. This is a region that all agrees that Israel needs to cease to exist. We went to let the world know that we will attack terrorist first now, not after anymore. We had 40 years of never doing anything first, only after. They bomb our embassy, we bomb them, they bomb our embassies, we shoot missles at them. They try to bring down our towers in 91, we...well we didn't do anything after that one.America is proactive on the war on terror, this will always result in not knowing if what we did was 100% right, because we'll never know what would have happened if we had stopped in Afganistan. We'll never know if we stopped a future attack by shooting a terrorist in Syria. I prefer being proactive.Read Gen Tommy Franks book about the war in Iraq.Did anyone see the report regarding the Iranian Pres's beliefs that in order to bring about the Muslim Messiah there needs to be a global war?
well, we'll see how comical it is when WWIII starts due to the US being unable/unwilling to repay its enormous debt to China. The rest of the world is progressing at an unbelievable pace, and moving towards greatest standards of living for all people. The US is single-handedly holding back the global standard of living, feeling that because they are currently ahead of many countries, it isn't a big deal that they're falling behind.Is this post ignorant, biased and an oversimplification? Yes, but I still feel like i'm almost definitely right. I guess being the US is more fun than i thought.
That's quite a stab in the dark, huh? WWIII starting with China because of investors and not because of Taiwan? Meeeeeehhh. Don't think so.The rest of the world is progressing at an ubelievable pace.The unemployment rate sucks in Europe.Russia is moving perilously close to an autocracy.China is still an autocracy. Just a capitalistic one.Africa, yikes.South America has two podium-thumper lefties ruling their countries who are best buddies with someone who said Israel should be exterminated and questions the holocaust. I'll take the US. Any day. Ainec. You can't have all this "progressive social change" that you're SO SURE people want (did you ask them before you made your mind that it's "best"?) when people don't have a job, fear for their lives or fear that it's too under control by the government.
well, we'll see how comical it is when WWIII starts due to the US being unable/unwilling to repay its enormous debt to China. The rest of the world is progressing at an unbelievable pace, and moving towards greatest standards of living for all people. The US is single-handedly holding back the global standard of living, feeling that because they are currently ahead of many countries, it isn't a big deal that they're falling behind.Is this post ignorant, biased and an oversimplification? Yes, but I still feel like i'm almost definitely right. I guess being the US is more fun than i thought.
ummm, China is going to attack us for owing them money?the rest of the world is progressing really fast?The US is holding countries back because we don't want them to catch up?Dude, I know it's Euro-chic to hate America, but try to hate it for real reasons okay.
I think you are missing the point. This discussion is not about wether or not Bush is a good president, but about Daniels comments regarding Ahmadinejad.
My post was a direct rebuttal to DrawingDead's post. Also, I was primarily making the point that Iran *should* be of no concern to us right now. The only reason that this is an issue is because Bush has some sort of agenda over there, so bringing Bush into the discussion was more than appropriate.
I really don't think it's unfair to lump Iranians with Afghanis and Saudiis. I don't even consider them seperately as Iranians, Afghanis and Saudiis--they're terrorists, no? Even if the training camps for Al-Qaeda are in Afghanistan and not Iran, do you not think a country that fosters the same hatred be held just as accountable when it all hits the fan?
What the hell are you saying, all people from Iran, Afghanistan, and Saudi Arabia are terrorists? If you're just saying the terrorists in those countries are terrorists, why not add the U.S. to that list. There are as many domestic "terrorists" in the U.S as there are in many Middle Eastern countries. And yes, I consider ignorant retarted scum like you to be a terrorist. Your wild rhetoric and scathing generalities about a whole populace makes you more of a terrorist than many suicide bombers. Once they fulfill their purpose they die and can do no more damage, unlike people like you who'll be around maybe another sixty years spouting racist, uninformed crap.No, just because SOME people in a country foster hatred for the U.S does not make them Al Qaeda, and does not make the country and its people responsible for the actions of others. If all countries with hatred towards the U.S. were to be held responsible when it all hits the fan, we would be at war with 2/3 of the world.DD, you can say whatever you want in response but I will never respect you, or anything you say. People like you are the reason why this world is so ****ed up. You should be shipped off to the Middle East to learn a thing or two about other societies and cultures.And if you think I'm saying this because I took offense to what you said about Iran, I have absolutely no connection to the country. I am half asian like yourself. My mom is Catholic, but my dad is Jewish and does not think very highly of Ahmenijad. However, he does not spout off racist crap about the Middle East and how all of them are radical muslims who deserve punishment for what a micro fraction of their peers have done.
That's quite a stab in the dark, huh? WWIII starting with China because of investors and not because of Taiwan? Meeeeeehhh. Don't think so.The rest of the world is progressing at an ubelievable pace.The unemployment rate sucks in Europe.Russia is moving perilously close to an autocracy.China is still an autocracy. Just a capitalistic one.Africa, yikes.South America has two podium-thumper lefties ruling their countries who are best buddies with someone who said Israel should be exterminated and questions the holocaust. I'll take the US. Any day. Ainec. You can't have all this "progressive social change" that you're SO SURE people want (did you ask them before you made your mind that it's "best"?) when people don't have a job, fear for their lives or fear that it's too under control by the government.
Come on, unemployment rate is a meaningless statistic.Russia has been slow for a long time. Don't know what their friggin problem is.Africa has shown amazing improvement over short periods. It is likely to continue to progress.South America is definitely a "yikes."Point taken, but first-world countries are still improving, in terms of average standard of living, at a pace much greater than the US. Africa and other countries are way behind, but developing well. South America is another story, no one seems to know what their problem is.The United States' average standard of living has been almost stagnant for a long time, which is absurd given the growth of simple things, like technology and GDP. I just cannot understand how this is not an enormous issue for people living there, but whether its due to distraction towards other issues, or just different philosophical views, the general view of the United States seems to be that increasing the average standard of living of its citizens is not an important issue.
ummm, China is going to attack us for owing them money?The US is holding countries back because we don't want them to catch up?Dude, I know it's Euro-chic to hate America, but try to hate it for real reasons okay.
1if someone owed you an enormous, growing amount of money, and did not seem interested in ever paying you back, you'd be cool with it? what if everyone else thought you were right and they were wrong? you don't think you'd do something about it?2Yes, the US is holding back other countries. That should be extremely obvious. Then again, its not like you impose or ignore economic and military sanctions at will or anything. oops.3i'm pretty sure i admitted i was biased, i oversimplify and somewhat ignorant. I also respect that you defend things that other people pretend don't exist. Try to think about what it would be like if every country acted with the unilaterality that the US does. Doesn't work too well.

If anybody would like to gaze into a crystal ball and see the future of America, go grab a history book on the fall of the Roman Empire. There was no precedence for a society of that size and complexity, and at the time, members of the empire thought that they were invincible from previous historical governmental collapses. Turns out they were wrong. I'm hearing this same hubris from people, not only in this thread, but on TV, radio, in person, etc. The fall of Rome was nothing compared to what will happen when America collapses. I just hope I'm not around to experience it.

If anybody would like to gaze into a crystal ball and see the future of America, go grab a history book on the fall of the Roman Empire. There was no precedence for a society of that size and complexity, and at the time, members of the empire thought that they were invincible from previous historical governmental collapses. Turns out they were wrong. I'm hearing this same hubris from people, not only in this thread, but on TV, radio, in person, etc. The fall of Rome was nothing compared to what will happen when America collapses. I just hope I'm not around to experience it.
That's a big can of worms.My assumption, based on what i know (classics minor, yay me) was that Rome fell apart when it began to lack the cohesiveness to stay together in the face of adversity. The Visigoths could be held back until the Emperors of Rome, not being from Italy, didn't care anymore, and neither did half the people.That's why I'm deathly afraid of losing the ideals of our nation's birth..it's the only thing that holds us together. Speak less English, embrace less capitalism, read less revolutionary history = Pwned by whoever.I think if the US split up, it would be into a Liberal Northeast, a conservative South, West texas through Arizona would eventually fall to Mexico, California and Nevada would be their own country, Washington/Oregon would form a union, and the Midwest would just be a loose confederation. Jerry Falwell would move to North Dakota. Thoughts?
Come on, unemployment rate is a meaningless statistic.Russia has been slow for a long time. Don't know what their friggin problem is.Africa has shown amazing improvement over short periods. It is likely to continue to progress.South America is definitely a "yikes."Point taken, but first-world countries are still improving, in terms of average standard of living, at a pace much greater than the US. Africa and other countries are way behind, but developing well. South America is another story, no one seems to know what their problem is.The United States' average standard of living has been almost stagnant for a long time, which is absurd given the growth of simple things, like technology and GDP. I just cannot understand how this is not an enormous issue for people living there, but whether its due to distraction towards other issues, or just different philosophical views, the general view of the United States seems to be that increasing the average standard of living of its citizens is not an important issue.1if someone owed you an enormous, growing amount of money, and did not seem interested in ever paying you back, you'd be cool with it? what if everyone else thought you were right and they were wrong? you don't think you'd do something about it?2Yes, the US is holding back other countries. That should be extremely obvious. Then again, its not like you impose or ignore economic and military sanctions at will or anything. oops.3i'm pretty sure i admitted i was biased, i oversimplify and somewhat ignorant. I also respect that you defend things that other people pretend don't exist. Try to think about what it would be like if every country acted with the unilaterality that the US does. Doesn't work too well.
Russia is booming right now, has something to do with being the worlds largest oil exporter.South america is doing fine, many countries Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Argentina and Peru are doing well. I'll be in Brazil next week I know.As for China they don't have to attack they just have to buy up all the oil and other things that the USA needs using US money. Holding back other countries, I don't buy it.Technology, this one hits hard the US has been losing it's lead for a long time in this. They can turn things around but the new generation isn't interested most would rather take anything but Sci.The biggest problem is the average American is very ignorant of other countries and having spent some of your baby years over seas does not change that. But most countries have the same problem the average person in the world know almost zip about the US outside of some of the Movies they watch, the US evangelical preachers that are all over and the wars they wage.
Ugh, I read your post on the first page and completely wrote you off. Then you posted this, so I went back and re-read your original post, which now sounds better after hearing the dribble in this thread. I don't have a ton to add (although I think you are being a little too over-dramatic, as there are hundreds of differences between the technological, economical, and geographical characteristics between ancient Rome and the US), but the general gist of the idea is probably right.