Mediocrity = Parity ?

A lot of people argue that there's no parity in baseball, but this year might be the first (that I can recall) where no team will win 100 games and no team will lose 100 games. Granted, there are still a few teams that might hit either extreme, but this certainly seems to be the most "mediocre" year in recent memory. Given this, it seems like it'd be hard to lodge the complaint that there's no parity in baseball.

Seeing as the Yankees play Tampa Bay on the Road and Baltimore and Toronto at home while the Mets play Washington at home and then on the road to play Atlanta and Washington I think that they both have decent chances to win 100 games. However, since both teams have already clinched they will be resting a lot of players. The Drays and Royals still have a decent chance of losing 100 games. Either team needs to go 4-6 to lose 100 which is likely to happen.

I think for the good of baseball that they have to eventually head towards a salary cap. It would make baseball more interesting year to year. It's just terrible that some teams every year have no chance to compete and some teams can just spend and spend to compete(not that you can blame them). Baseball would just be so much better..imo.

I think for the good of baseball that they have to eventually head towards a salary cap. It would make baseball more interesting year to year. It's just terrible that some teams every year have no chance to compete and some teams can just spend and spend to compete(not that you can blame them). Baseball would just be so much better..imo.
While some teams have more luxuries than others every team can compete with or without a lot of money through smart drafting. The 97 and 03 Marlins are the perfect example. Oakland and the Twins have also had many postseason performances throughout the years. At the other end the Cubs haven't won a Championship in 100 years. Money helps a little bit, but does not exactly translate into the success of the team.