Bj Penn Vs Matt Hughes This Weekend..

this should be a great fight...depending on which bj penn shows up...i wouldnt be suprised to see penn win if he shows up with the mindset of being interested in the fight. if the BJ penn who fought GSP shows up though Matt Hughes will win. Rather easily at that..

Matt Hughes is the best out there. He will beat BJ Penn soundly and then wait the cakewalk fight he'll have against the TUF winner.
My money would certainly be on Hughes but you can never totally count out Penn. I dont feel like I belong in this topic without playing cards in my avatar though, so dont mind me.

damn cardio.Penn is deceptively incredible skilled athelete.Wish he wanted it bad enough to beable to go more than 10 minutes.Is Matt THAT awesome, or is it really a matter of a weak division?BJ timed his little scoot out from under Hughes perfectly as Matt as bringing down another elbow. anyway, overall, pretty good card.

damn cardio.Penn is deceptively incredible skilled athelete.Wish he wanted it bad enough to beable to go more than 10 minutes.Is Matt THAT awesome, or is it really a matter of a weak division?BJ timed his little scoot out from under Hughes perfectly as Matt as bringing down another elbow. anyway, overall, pretty good card.
That division is far from weak, though maybe not as deep as the middleweights. Hughes just owns.

you really have to give penn props for almost winning that fight on just 6 weeks conditioning. That triangle and armbar he had would've done the job if he had another 30-45 seconds, hughes was in real trouble. I'm sure that Penn will get another shot sometime so that he can get in full training. Matchmakers never forget guys taking matches on short notice

BJ looked good for the first few minutes. I was impressed at his ability to defend the takedown. As expected thouh, Matt's condo was just too tough.GSP better be on top of his game, or Matt is going to kill him.

his ability to defend takedowns is top notch, as proven when training with couture and couture not being able to take penn down. with this information i knew hughes would have about a .55% chance of taking penn down. Penn dominated rounds 1 and 2. with round 1 IMO being possibly a 10-8 round as hughes had absolutely nothing. However penn sadly undertrained again and had no cardio. That finish by hughes was very very humiliating for penn as by my count he took 30 punches to the head with everyone landing. BJM should have stopped that fight about 15 punches sooner then he did.A great card with Win of the Night going to Rashad Evans IMO. Yes he fought the next coming of the pillsbury dough boy, but he finally finished a fight.

• 2 weeks later...
Gee, I don't know...Georges St. Pierre, Sean Sherk, Frank Trigg, and any Pride lightweight. Hughes pwns.
BTW - lightweight is the UFC's deepest division.
QFT
How about my boy Joe Lauzon knocking out Jens Pulver?One time, for the mma.tv trolls.
They spent like 10 minutes talking about Jens and how he was coming back to claim his belt and in the imortal words of Chris Tucker in the movie 'Friday' he got knocked the **** out! Great job by Joe!