Dn's Jj Call Against Barry's Aa

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a number of us seem to look down on Phil Laak because he plays tight straightforward ABC poker. Well, from HSP Season 1, Johnny Chan played really tight and ABC as well. And remember that advice about playing the opposite to how your opponents are playing??

Quite a number of us seem to look down on Phil Laak because he plays tight straightforward ABC poker. Well, from HSP Season 1, Johnny Chan played really tight and ABC as well. And remember that advice about playing the opposite to how your opponents are playing??
That is exactly what my friends and I were discussing. Laak cleaned up more than any other player during HSP. He made more money then anyone else, and he did it all by playing ABC poker. He did catch a few cards, but he was never in there with 25o or J9s. And because of this image he was also able to semi bluff a few pots because people put him on hands whenever he bet.
That is exactly what my friends and I were discussing. Laak cleaned up more than any other player during HSP. He made more money then anyone else, and he did it all by playing ABC poker. He did catch a few cards, but he was never in there with 25o or J9s. And because of this image he was also able to semi bluff a few pots because people put him on hands whenever he bet.
I agree that Laak used his tight image pretty well in some spots. .