Aq, Ace Flops, Meh..........

Villain in this hand is 39/11/1.9 after 110 hands. I just don't know if he would cocdcall my PF reraise and then min raise the flop with anything i have beat......PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($47.80)SB ($18.35)BB ($48.50)UTG ($29.60)Hero ($52.75)CO ($27.60)Preflop: Hero is MP with A :D , Q :D . UTG raises to $1.5, Hero raises to $5, 1 fold, Button calls $5, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.50.Flop: ($15.75) 7 :D , 5 :) , A :club:(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $10, Button raises to $20, UTG folds, Hero ????

Interesting. When I raise preflop and someone re-raises me, I take a lot of flops because if I hit big with some of the junk I normally raise with, I can take a big pot off what is almost always a big pair. On the same note, if my 9-6 suited misses and an ace hits, I consider that one of my outs as well and represent it. I take a lot of pots that way off of 10-10 through K-K by representing the ace in a raised and re-raised pot.Any chance the villain here is doing that?

On the same note, if my 9-6 suited misses and an ace hits, I consider that one of my outs as well and represent it. I take a lot of pots that way off of 10-10 through K-K by representing the ace in a raised and re-raised pot.
Good advice.As for the hand, AA seems unlikely since he didnt put in another raise preflop, and we have one of the A's. His coldcall preflop indicates strength, so we should assign less weight to worse A's. We lose to AK, split with AQ. 77 or 55 are both plausible. For me this depends alot on the villain, if he is straightforward tight, I don't wanna play this for stacks. If he showed any tendencies of loose aggro play, I'm calling down. We got the hand locked up if its best, we got him drawing to 2 or 3 outs. My default would be to lay this down though. If he is capable of playing mindgames (he is representing your ace) with UTG still to act, good for him.

I don't think we can discount AT/AJ or worse given his PT stats. Given the pot size already, I think the best play is to call and check the turn. If he is on a bluff/AJ/AT he might still push out of desperation.77/55 are good possibilities, but I think he would generally try to entice UTG in by smooth calling.I *might* have expected another reraise preflop if he had AK. More so if it was AKs.I'm not a PT expert so I could be out on my assumptions, but 39 seems high, and factoring in that he is the button I think he can have a wider range than people are assuming.

I take a lot of pots that way off of 10-10 through K-K by representing the ace in a raised and re-raised pot.
Absolutely. I do this a lot as well against straightforward, solid players since it seems like AK is not a reraising hand preflop anymore.
I don't think we can discount AT/AJ or worse given his PT stats. Given the pot size already, I think the best play is to call and check the turn. If he is on a bluff/AJ/AT he might still push out of desperation.77/55 are good possibilities, but I think he would generally try to entice UTG in by smooth calling.I *might* have expected another reraise preflop if he had AK. More so if it was AKs.I'm not a PT expert so I could be out on my assumptions, but 39 seems high, and factoring in that he is the button I think he can have a wider range than people are assuming.
His min raise can certainly be a feeler bet with an aj, AT type of hand. His stats would suggest that he plays these types of ahnds to a reraise preflop. However, I would think standard this would be AK more than anything. Followed by the possibility that he's bluffing and repping the A. However, we would need to have assessed him to be a tricky aggressive player in order to put him on this. So, I would probably fold here, unless I pegged this villian as tricky.
2 choices here. Push or fold. Personally, I fold.
Second part is good advice. First part is suspect. There's not really a draw out there and you're not folding AK or a set. You also may run out AJ, At type hands. So to say push or fold is just silly. If we're going to continue here, we smooth call and hope button hangs himself when we're ahead.
So, I would probably fold here, unless I pegged this villian as tricky.I would say that loose players tend to have 'tricky' tendencies in general.
loose preflop players may just look to flop big and get paid off. playing a lto of hands looking for 2 pair + type hands. OP doesn't really give any insight as to his tendencies post flop, so I think it's hard to give a real decent line here.
If we're going to continue here, we smooth call and hope button hangs himself when we're ahead.
Yeah. I think a "competence assessment" should happen here. I really think the only reasonable hand that beats us right now is AK. Set of 7's or 5's wakes up later in the hand with such a benign flop, and doesn't try to push somebody off a big Ace so early. So, if we think that UTG is worth the thinking above, then we call. If I had decided to juice with A10 or AJ sooted UTG, I'm absolutely making this play at you, thinking that you bet the pot with something other than an A when I showed weakness. An overpair above a 7 isn't really unreasonable either. If you let your meter run a bit before making this call (assuming you did), he'll probably fire again with anything, and I think that's a call too. If he really pushes hard on the river, he may have gotten the best of you by then, but you've done well for your image and if he checks, you're probably ahead enough of the time that you should value-bet.
Yeah. I think a "competence assessment" should happen here. I really think the only reasonable hand that beats us right now is AK. Set of 7's or 5's wakes up later in the hand with such a benign flop, and doesn't try to push somebody off a big Ace so early. So, if we think that UTG is worth the thinking above, then we call. If I had decided to juice with A10 or AJ sooted UTG, I'm absolutely making this play at you, thinking that you bet the pot with something other than an A when I showed weakness. An overpair above a 7 isn't really unreasonable either. If you let your meter run a bit before making this call (assuming you did), he'll probably fire again with anything, and I think that's a call too. If he really pushes hard on the river, he may have gotten the best of you by then, but you've done well for your image and if he checks, you're probably ahead enough of the time that you should value-bet.
I think you may have misread the hand hand. Preflop, UTG raised, I reraise, then the button cold-called. On the flop, UTG checks, I bet, button minraises, UTG folds.
Yeah. I think a "competence assessment" should happen here. I really think the only reasonable hand that beats us right now is AK. Set of 7's or 5's wakes up later in the hand with such a benign flop, and doesn't try to push somebody off a big Ace so early.
He isnt trying that. Pure valuebetting.