Official Bruins Thread

Ray, dont read this...Your right Serge, it wasnt even close last night. I didnt like Carolina's chances against NJ, and while that victory had me hopeful of some kind of unexpected run, last nights game was a bucket of cold water. They just dominated us, plain and simple, thats the reality of the situation.I fear Ray's 4 game sweep comment may hit the bullseye.
For what it's worth, I thought you guys played a good first period, I think you outshot us by a bunch, and your forecheck was solid.. after that though, it fell apart and we beat you like a redheaded stepchild.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm tempted to like Lucic, if only because he is so hated by both Serge and Dale.

For what it's worth, I thought you guys played a good first period, I think you outshot us by a bunch, and your forecheck was solid.. after that though, it fell apart and we beat you like a redheaded stepchild.
is it just the pessimist in me, or even in that first period when we outshot the Bruins it didnt feel like we were really doing much. Maybe it was the score being 1-0 til the end of the period, but I never felt like the Canes were in that game.anyway, im looking fwd to game 2. Im hoping for a split, and a change of momentum. Ward has to come up huge, Staal/Whitney have to shine. There's only so far you can go with Larose as one of your biggest contributors on offence.
LOL at this!http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2009/05/02/br...ebrity-captain/First I`ve ever heard of celebrity captains, I`m not sure what to think.
lol at brutus the barber..About 20 years ago I met him at a card show and he signed my baseball glove..True story..There is gotta bigger celebrity captains they can find...Dennis Leary is one ..

Good first period for Carolina, a bit what they needed, only a bit because it's still scoreless. First time the Bruins have been held scoreless in the first in the postseason.

Good first period for Carolina, a bit what they needed, only a bit because it's still scoreless. First time the Bruins have been held scoreless in the first in the postseason.
and now the first time they have been down 2 goals.

how hard is it for the official to get the mic to work? come on man. even if he just said, "after reviewing the play the call on the ice stands. no goal", everyone should get to hear it. though it still seems dumb that there isn't a little more explanation than that

indisputable evidence there was not. you might say hey that's a goal but there's no way anyone can say 100% that's a goal. that's why it's the right call
You could see white between the puck and the red line, how is that not 100%?
let's pretend you are fellow bostonian tim wakefield for a minute
So are you saying that you didn't see the overhead camera angle, or that you have trouble distinguishing between red, white, and black?
So are you saying that you didn't see the overhead camera angle, or that you have trouble distinguishing between red, white, and black?
the white was the twine of the net, which hid whether the puck was over the line or not.
LOL at this!http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2009/05/02/br...ebrity-captain/First I`ve ever heard of celebrity captains, I`m not sure what to think.
Dude, they put all these guys on hockey cards back then. I think I had most of them. I remember the Mr. Rogers one, anyways.
Pretty bad call on the goal, it should definately have counted. Not much to say here except Ward played ridiculously great.
Pretty clear goal on the replay they showed on Sportscentre this morning. They even zoomed it in, and blew it up, etc.You got lucky, because I obviously have Larose in the CBC pool.
Your losing game 2, get ready for it.
Sorry Ray, I had to do it. Good game last night. Like you said, Ward played a great game, not much else to say. I thought the fact that he held them off at the start with some great saves was the difference. The 1 minute or so during the 2nd period PP was 3 of the sickest saves I have ever seen.That said, I dont like Canes' chances in game 3. And I appreciate the Bruins depth and skill more and more every game. Just a great TEAM.And yeah, that was a goal. Luckily it didnt matter.
Sorry Ray, I had to do it. Good game last night. Like you said, Ward played a great game, not much else to say. I thought the fact that he held them off at the start with some great saves was the difference. The 1 minute or so during the 2nd period PP was 3 of the sickest saves I have ever seen.That said, I dont like Canes' chances in game 3. And I appreciate the Bruins depth and skill more and more every game. Just a great TEAM.And yeah, that was a goal. Luckily it didnt matter.
Oh man, that powerplay in the 3rd period when he made some saves then there was a big scramble, then (I forget who, Savard maybe?) came out with the puck... I was already celebrating the goal, then I was stunned. Like Ward didn't make an unbelievable save in my opinion, but he was unbelievably in position squared up to the shooter already. The announcer said it best comparing the puck to a beach ball, Ward just saw everything. As for above, I don't get the Al Borland picture.. but I mean it was clearly a goal, I'd be using my Bruins bias if it wasn't clear.. I'm not sure how people didn't see the white ice behind the puck in the one replay.
As for above, I don't get the Al Borland picture.. but I mean it was clearly a goal, I'd be using my Bruins bias if it wasn't clear.. I'm not sure how people didn't see the white ice behind the puck in the one replay.
Copernicus said that the white was the twine of the net, but I dont think so. Although cant be 100% sure. Maybe thats the "inconclusive" part.I didn't get the Al Borland/Tim Wakefield reference either.and yeah, it was the 3rd period PP, not the 2nd like I wrote.

If we're referring to the same play where the Bruin had a wide open net with Ward out of the way on a rebound, and he flashed his toe out to stop it, it was Ryder.

How can this be. I understand that the fat lady is in the building. now my two secondary teams are both facing elimination. So much for a Bos-Caps semi and a Nucks-Ducks in the west. grrr.