Please Help Me .. In Need Of Guidance.

Time to be upfront. Im a losing player. Wanna know why? Every week or so I throw 50 bucks to neteller and into Fulltilt. Every week , I see that I have 0.02$ available to me at the cashier. I know how it happens too .. I make the deposit , play the 24+2 16k guaranteed , and lose. Half my roll gone , then I go donk it off steaming pissed at the .50/1 NL , which is totally outside of my bankroll with an initial deposit of 50 bucks.Wash / Rinse / Repeat , Welcome to Me. Granted, every month or so I may crack the final table , but because I was puckered tighter then a ducks *** , I usually take 9th or 8th prize before being blinded out and earn 300 bucks. Then I usually withdraw it (another mistake). Im being honest and upfront about what I make annually , because there are alot of good posters here at FCP and Im hoping that someone can read this and possibly work a plan for me , I.E stay at these limits with 1 tourny a week or something like that. *Hopefully*Anyways, I have alot of responsabilities. I will never be able to quit my full time job with pension and benefits until I win alot of cash. Wife + Kids + 2 Mortgages + 2 trucks + School loans + CC's . Im not financially in trouble at all , otherwise I wouldnt be throwing 50 a week at Fulltiltpoker .. so I manage , even after typing those responsabilities above, made me think , lol ... anyways 50.00$ a week will be deposited into Neteller , then to Fulltilt.What limits should I play at , should I stick to MTT's (maybe twice a week) or 4 SnG's a week , or just cash .. Someone discipline me, because Im handling my roll like **** . I NEED HELP. (Disclaimer) : If your thinking about possibly being a smartass or flaming me, for coming to *my* poker community , humbled and asking for some guidance , then I bet you will grow old and eventually die scared, and alone.

Not that tough.Deposit $250-$500.Play $50nl.Get your roll to 1.5k-2k and play 100nl, so forth and so on.If you go broke playing $50 nl with a $250-$500 roll you're probably doing something wrong...although you could be running absolutely HORRIBLE, and getting cold-decked.Regardless, if you have decent poker experience and aren't horrible at poker $250-$500 should be enough to get you started playing $50nl cash games.And if you have to play MTT, keep it at $5 and $10 dollars.- Jordan

seriously, on $50/wk you gotta start low. play the lowest microlimit FTP has and, if you think you're good enough to have a positive expectation, $5 SNGs. once you build up enough, enter some of the smaller buyin MTTs and look to make a bigger score. the way you're going now is guaranteed failure if your goal is making money as opposed to sometimes having fun and sometimes hating dusting off $50 every week.

By no means do I want to ' take a shot ' and turn pro. Everything I attempt I try and full understand and excel at . Otherwise , whats the point? What Id like is to have a BR online that should be healthy enough to manage an occasional withdrawl here and there. I dont exactly need the money , thats why I drop 200 a month to FT. Yet , Im getting frustrated because I dont like to lose. I love to succeed. I want to know what its like managing my money better online . One of my biggest flaws , is that I lose focus playing micro limits. When theres a decent amount of money on the line , say for instance the 26 dollar buyin for a 16k guaranteed tourny , I tend to do better. Actually thats an understatement. Usually FT has around 700-900 players in those events , and the last 5-6 Ive played in , Ive buckled down , focused , made the final table twice (both times out in 9th and 8th) or I at least crack the early money. Im not consistent, and I lack focus when it comes to playing micro limits. I will admit that. If I were to plop down 200 bucks to play 1-2 online at FT , I might run good , or I might get cold decked. And we all know 200 bucks isnt at the 500 BB br thats needed for that limit . So , I play micro and lose focus. Its a cycle and I need to stop it. blah.One of the reasons I hate Micro limit more then anything , is because Ive had numerous times where Ive flopped quads or whatever nut hand , and sometimes I get paid off ... with someone donating their 4.75 cent stack to me. I find that most unsettling when that happens.

By no means do I want to ' take a shot ' and turn pro. Everything I attempt I try and full understand and excel at . Otherwise , whats the point? What Id like is to have a BR online that should be healthy enough to manage an occasional withdrawl here and there. I dont exactly need the money , thats why I drop 200 a month to FT. Yet , Im getting frustrated because I dont like to lose. I love to succeed. I want to know what its like managing my money better online . One of my biggest flaws , is that I lose focus playing micro limits. When theres a decent amount of money on the line , say for instance the 26 dollar buyin for a 16k guaranteed tourny , I tend to do better. Actually thats an understatement. Usually FT has around 700-900 players in those events , and the last 5-6 Ive played in , Ive buckled down , focused , made the final table twice (both times out in 9th and 8th) or I at least crack the early money. Im not consistent, and I lack focus when it comes to playing micro limits. I will admit that. If I were to plop down 200 bucks to play 1-2 online at FT , I might run good , or I might get cold decked. And we all know 200 bucks isnt at the 500 BB br thats needed for that limit . So , I play micro and lose focus. Its a cycle and I need to stop it. blah.One of the reasons I hate Micro limit more then anything , is because Ive had numerous times where Ive flopped quads or whatever nut hand , and sometimes I get paid off ... with someone donating their 4.75 cent stack to me. I find that most unsettling when that happens.
The answer is simple. Do what Jordan said. Discussion over.
The answer is simple. Do what Jordan said. Discussion over.
What does Jordan Mean by 50$ NL ... Is that , like a max buyin for a cash game? what limits ?

I would say make a bigger initial deposit.This is beneficial in a number of ways.1. Deposit Bonuses (Try to find a site that offers rakeback as well)2. Anti - Tilt .. You are less prone to tilt when you lose, and don't need to play like a tight wad when you are winning.Practice good bankroll management. If .05/.10 NL tables are too boring to you, then you need to play higher, where the money means something to you. If you can get that feeling at a 50$ NL table, then you need to deposit enough to play comfortably at that level.Post hands in the NLHE and Tournament forums hereEdit: 50$ NL is the max-buy in for a NLHE table where the blinds are usually .25 / .50

What does Jordan Mean by 50$ NL ... Is that , like a max buyin for a cash game? what limits ?
Yes that is the max buy-in for "No-Limit" (EDIT: jjgoldy beat me to it, and even with an edit ----- dam u jj :club:)Try giving the smash strategy a go as well.
I feel your pain, ChaserJam. I am a fish online.I play fine live (usually 1/2 NLHE, sometimes 3/6 NLHE or 10/20 LHE) but when I play online, I am usually playing lower limits (anywhere from .50/1 and down), and my weaker games (eg. any form of stud), so I stop caring and play POORLY. Or I turn on the tv. Or I talk on the phone while playing.You get the idea... I don't care, so I don't play well.For me, I've decided to accept that: I play 98% live, where I buckle down and play my heart out, but if I have a bad session, there's nothing better than blowing off some steam (and $5) by playing MICRO limits online and intentionally donking it up, possible putting SERIOUSLY bad beats on opponents.

If you are serious about winning, I suggest playing lower than $50 max with $250-500 dollars. $500 at a $50 max game would be having only 10 buyins. If you have $500 dollars play $25 max, Which would be 20 buyins. If you are successful at $25 max, I suggest taking a few shots at $50 max but not completely moving up til you have 20 buyins or so.

I am making a living, although sparse, pplaying .25 and .50 nl ring games almost exclusively. I play the dollar games as my bankroll goes up, but thes games are not necessarily more profitable. At the lower limits the players are sometimes quite bad, and profit margin is often higher than at the higher limits.1. Keep a detailed spreadsheet of money in...money out...net...daily net...weekly net2. If playing .25 nl tables, play the 5 or 6 player shorthanded tables, They are more volatile and good play there will win more than at a full table.3. If playing the .50 nl tables, play a full table and play this table tight, your "big game". Once or twice a day you will get the nuts and get paid off well. This can be 20 to 120 dollars a hand.4. Stay focused and play a short handed table and a tight full table at the same time. This keeps you from getting bored and keeps you alert.5. I make 50 to 150 dollars a day for about 6 hours of play. There are days I make over 200 and lose as much so playing smart and knowing your opponents is imoportant.I plan to go up in stakes and play with these guidelines in play when I have more money. I have to withdraw almost everything I make for bills right now. But I wake up when I want, play when I want, and I am logging alot of hours and getting better every week.

OK i have advice to all tight players that i think works because it helped me alot before you go and put all this money here and there .........(no flamey flamey) go play play money practice some strageties see what all plays out then go and play the same and you shouldnt be so tight about everything i hope this helps?(im half drunk so this might not make super sense but the idear is there

if your only depositing $50 id play even lower just to build it up a little like .05/.10 and just try to win a little and move upmy friend made an $80 deposit played 2 tables of .05/.10 move up to .10/.25 and eventually to .25/.50he ended up making like $800 in 2 months

if your only depositing $50 id play even lower just to build it up a little like .05/.10 and just try to win a little and move upmy friend made an $80 deposit played 2 tables of .05/.10 move up to .10/.25 and eventually to .25/.50he ended up making like $800 in 2 months
He already said he can't concentrate playing lower. Do what Jordan said.

I do think jordans approach is the best way but i deposited $50 into fulltilt when i first deposited and i have never had to redeposit..... This is what i did.$50 is not alot of money so i did one of two things1) play $5 sit and gos2) play $10NL ring gamesif you have any skill at all you will win at these games unless you get severely cold decked which does happen from time to time. Once you turn your money into $250-$300 i would move up to $10 sitandgos and $25 NL ring games..... play tight at the cash games and you will succeed. since you like the MTT's play one every now and then but not the $24 ones. They have great $10 45 person sit and gos that pay out 171 to first. I playthose all the time and win them around 70% of the time.Recently i posted and wanted help with my cash game and after reading all the posts i realized i wasnt playing tight enough and long enough sessions so i adjusted my game and have had nothing but winning sessions. So i would like to say thank you to all of the guys that posted and helped me get back on track with the ring games.

Time to be upfront. Im a losing player. Wanna know why? Every week or so I throw 50 bucks to neteller and into Fulltilt. Every week , I see that I have 0.02$ available to me at the cashier. I know how it happens too .. I make the deposit , play the 24+2 16k guaranteed , and lose. Half my roll gone , then I go donk it off steaming pissed at the .50/1 NL , which is totally outside of my bankroll with an initial deposit of 50 bucks.Wash / Rinse / Repeat , Welcome to Me. Granted, every month or so I may crack the final table , but because I was puckered tighter then a ducks *** , I usually take 9th or 8th prize before being blinded out and earn 300 bucks. Then I usually withdraw it (another mistake). Im being honest and upfront about what I make annually , because there are alot of good posters here at FCP and Im hoping that someone can read this and possibly work a plan for me , I.E stay at these limits with 1 tourny a week or something like that. *Hopefully*Anyways, I have alot of responsabilities. I will never be able to quit my full time job with pension and benefits until I win alot of cash. Wife + Kids + 2 Mortgages + 2 trucks + School loans + CC's . Im not financially in trouble at all , otherwise I wouldnt be throwing 50 a week at Fulltiltpoker .. so I manage , even after typing those responsabilities above, made me think , lol ... anyways 50.00$ a week will be deposited into Neteller , then to Fulltilt.What limits should I play at , should I stick to MTT's (maybe twice a week) or 4 SnG's a week , or just cash .. Someone discipline me, because Im handling my roll like **** . I NEED HELP. (Disclaimer) : If your thinking about possibly being a smartass or flaming me, for coming to *my* poker community , humbled and asking for some guidance , then I bet you will grow old and eventually die scared, and alone.
You entertain me. You may stay.good luck with all this advice you have received.Oh....and do what Jordan said.
I do think jordans approach is the best way but i deposited $50 into fulltilt when i first deposited and i have never had to redeposit..... This is what i did.$50 is not alot of money so i did one of two things1) play $5 sit and gos2) play $10NL ring gamesif you have any skill at all you will win at these games unless you get severely cold decked which does happen from time to time. Once you turn your money into $250-$300 i would move up to $10 sitandgos and $25 NL ring games..... play tight at the cash games and you will succeed. since you like the MTT's play one every now and then but not the $24 ones. They have great $10 45 person sit and gos that pay out 171 to first. I playthose all the time and win them around 70% of the time.Recently i posted and wanted help with my cash game and after reading all the posts i realized i wasnt playing tight enough and long enough sessions so i adjusted my game and have had nothing but winning sessions. So i would like to say thank you to all of the guys that posted and helped me get back on track with the ring games.
TP/MM, seriously.
... They have great $10 45 person sit and gos that pay out 171 to first. I playthose all the time and win them around 70% of the time....
You win 70% of th 45 man sit and gos you play???You have a HUGE edge!!!Let me get this straight... For every 10 of these sit-and-gos you enter, you place 1st in 7 of them and plaace anywhere but first in the other 3???WOW! You're awsome!Let's see: With a 70% winrate, let's run this example over an random selection of 10 sit-and-gos:--10 sit-and-gos entered at $10 each... $100 invested--7 of them, you place 1st and take home $171 = 7 * 171 = $1197--We do't know where you place in the other three, but let's say (conservatively) that you do not finish in the money.--Bottom line: almost 1200 % ROI at this level!!! Wow I've never HEARD of such a (sustained) edge!I think RhinestoneCowboy summed it up perfectly:
TP/MM, seriously
Cheers,Merby(ps. I am sure you meant you cashed in 70% of them -- still a very impressive feat... I just really felt like flaming someone, and your post just happened to be the next one I read...)

I started with $50.00. And played .10.10 pot limit holdem till i could afford .25.25. then .25.50 NL. and then .5 1.00 NL. Play tight aggressive, and you will make money.I try to always have 20 buyins in reserve before i move up a limit.I have earned around $6,000.00 this year.