Jaime Golds Talking At The Table

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it matters now, since we all know he wasn't penalized and went on to win, but how do his comments _not_ violate this TDA rule:35. Players, whether in the hand or not, may not discuss the hands until the action is complete. Players are obligated to protect the other players in the tournament at all times. Discussing cards discarded or hand possibilities is not allowed. A penalty may be given for discussion of hands during the play. Pretty straight forward, no?On a side note, I would kill for them to bring Matt Savage back as the TD.
a similar event happened day 1 i believe with jamie gold..he sat down at a table with 2 of the big stacks in the room at the time, being 50k he had 44 on a raised pot with the other 2 big stacks he flopped a set..on a q 10 4 board i think anyhow 1 guy folded after an all in play by the raiser pre flop...jamie told the guy he had a set and the guy went nuts screaming and calling for a floor manager they decided since no1 else was in the hand and there was no further action after jamie that there was no penalty..jamie was afraid of another larger set but when the guy called for a clock he knew he was ahead and called..the guy showed AQ ..BLUFF magazine had an interview with him and he said he did this the whole way thru he would tell ppl when he hit a boat...and in 1 case would tell the SB when he was the BB if it was ok for the SB to come into the hand or if he would raise it after the SB called

He comes off as a loud mouthed idiot who's full of himself. That would be true no matter where he finished in this tournament.Having said that, he played his massive chip stack well and won going away.

Jamie Gold... shoulda been gone... the dude that folded his pocket 10's... and Friedman for folding his 7's... both would have been very costly and demoralizing to that asshat! Sad he won.... he sucks!
Yeah, he would've been gone. Both of those hands would have taken a total of almost $4mil of his $19M - he may be an $$hat or whatever you want to think he is, but he's still better than you and has $12M more dollars. Why didn't you take it down again?
I've come to the conclusion that all the Gold haters are just that; jealous haters. I didn't see him do anything that hasn't been done before and done by some of the pros you guys worship. His talk about hands while others were in has happenend a thousand times on tv telecasts and thousands more in live tourneys. How many of you actually play live tourneys in Vegas or AC on a consistent basis? All I saw was a guy who was relatively new to poker who was 1. getting good cards and 2. playing pertty well once he had chips. Point being that you guys always side up with DN when he catches miracle cards and say what a read or he was justified in his call. But you never call him lucky or say anything about his table talk - he's done it too. Was some of it borderline by Gold, yes. Was it collusion or a violation of the rules. I don't believe so. Why is it every year the winner of the WSOP is a taotl donk in your eyes and a lucky ****** that you outplay at anytime? Why aren't you guys there taking it down?
i agree with this, ive been thinking the same all along
DOZENS OF THREADS HAVE COVERED THIS ALREADY. USE SEARCH FUNCTION.
you couldn't control yourself could you? i think most of your posts here mention how people should use the search function, getting old...really...especially when a fine convo is going on in this threadas for that hand with prahlad...i think gold had him wrapped around his finget at that point...he had prahlad seem fearful enough not to trust his instinct, it was simply a performance where he knew exactly what he was doing
Yeah, he would've been gone. Both of those hands would have taken a total of almost $4mil of his $19M - he may be an $$hat or whatever you want to think he is, but he's still better than you and has $12M more dollars. Why didn't you take it down again?
I don't think he has any of it yet does he? Has the lawsuit be settle yet? Yeah, I know what your saying. But I think it is poetic justice that he has to fight again to get his money, maybe the judge will tell him how he is going to rule and tell Gold he can fold and live another day..... :club::D:D

After watching him play last week I was not impressed and after last nights performance I think he is just the ONE lucky ******* who beat out 8,000 other players. His table talk is boardering on just plain stupid and he almost feels sorry for the players he knocks out :club: Looking forward to the final table broadcast next week.

Gold looked like a cool customer. At least he didn't get involved in a childish spat like Prahlad and Lisandro. Prahlad wouldn't drop it and the cameras replayed and showed Lisandro clearly put up his $5,000 ante.Gold's table talk was mild and I believe everyone is searching for things to flame him for. He won, it's over, deal with it.

Nope he has 6 million. The other six has been frozen by a judge untill the suit is cleared up. Also, I believe he owes JC 10% so there goes another 1.2. Leaving him with 4.8 before taxes, so after taxes he might see 2.8-3. So, no he doesn't have 12 mill.Also Jamie has got to be the biggest luckbox I have ever seen. He got it in with the worst of it several times for large pots and flopped the nuts every time. (And this is just the last two episodes) He got extremely lucky, like anyone who is going to win the ME anytime soon. But if you want to swing from his nut sack, thinking he is some great poker guru then so be it. But you are sadly mistaken. I would wager that JG never wins another $10k buy in event EVER. IMHO

Its a limped pot, one of the blinds check raised all in, top pair 3rd kicker MUST be good.Im beat?Thats okay, I'll hit a 3 outter on the turn.Allen Cunningham raised preflop, two spades came on the flop, he bet, I called, turn was an ace. That might have hit him! Wait, he checked? Sweet! River a spade? Oh, I have the 5th nut flush! Thats a monster! I'll bet. Wait.. he raised me? He bet on the flop... checked when the spade didnt come... raised when the spade came... HOW CAN I FOLD A FLUSH? TO ALLEN CUNNINGHAM!?Oh.. I have 4 diamonds, 1 card to come.. gee.. Let me call 3 million on a draw... Im getting '2-1'. (Btw, when they market the jamie gold bobble head, it should say that everytime his head jiggles, 'I'm getting 2-1, how can i fold'. Really, you're getting 2-1 every hand? OK.

Nope he has 6 million. The other six has been frozen by a judge untill the suit is cleared up. Also, I believe he owes JC 10% so there goes another 1.2. Leaving him with 4.8 before taxes, so after taxes he might see 2.8-3. So, no he doesn't have 12 mill.Also Jamie has got to be the biggest luckbox I have ever seen. He got it in with the worst of it several times for large pots and flopped the nuts every time. (And this is just the last two episodes) He got extremely lucky, like anyone who is going to win the ME anytime soon. But if you want to swing from his nut sack, thinking he is some great poker guru then so be it. But you are sadly mistaken. I would wager that JG never wins another $10k buy in event EVER. IMHO
Hey, Mr. I have 18 posts. Did you even read what I wrote earlier in this thread about him playing? I didn't think so, go back and read it first, then say something about swinging from his sack. Secondly - He won the $12 million, what has happened to it since then is not of a matter for WSOP discussion. I'll ask you the same question as the others who don't answer. Why didn't you take the ME down again?

Jamie Gold's table talk was very disturbing. If it was not against the rules he was walking the tightrope....but no one called him out on it during the tournament (no one that mattered anyway) so its a moot issue.As for his play, well it is obvious he isnt the best player ever. But for the most part he did what you should when you are running nuclear hot and hitting everything. Play pots, be aggressive, build chips. It is not his fault he kept flopping straights or two pair or whatever. You play the cards you are dealt.I think a lot of people pay off Cunningham on the flush over flush hand especially if they had as many chips as Gold. Maybe not the very best but just because Jamie isnt a superstar doesnt make him bad either.It is time to accept that anyone in the ME field who is in the top 50% skill wise has a shot if the cards break their way. Gold was certainly better than half the players in the field. Deck smacked him in the dome for a few days and he wins.I find it amusing that so many hate on his play which was fine. Not otherworldly but fine. There are so many better targets like his pompous interviews, or his allegedly shady dealings in regards to how much of the 12 mill he gets to keep.

Hey Daniel, have you been watching ESPN broadcast of the WSOP ME (If you didn't already watch the pay-per-view version)? It would be nice to get a your perspective on Jamie Gold (i.e. if he played well, if his table talk was illegal, etc.)

I watched the final table PPV. JG played about the same way during the final table that he did the rest of the tourney. No real tuff decisions, decent hand selection, and hit so many flops I lost count. Could I beat him? The world may never know. But for those few days, almost 9000 other players would have to say no.

Speaking of the PPV version... did anyone watch it live? I'd like to know how many hands they cut out of the final version. I wanted to catch it but I was traveling that day.
obviously a hell of a lot, they are squeezing it into 1 maybe 2 hours and it was over a 14 hour i believe final table. They'll show the big key hands and that's about it.