Daniel Has Become Overly Loose?

Iam not sure which was worse watching Daniel or dmitri nobles. They seemed like similar players. the only diffeerence is daniel knows when he is beat and still seems to call. I was there at WSOP watching Daniel call away his chips pot after pot. It's funny htough ESPN must love him they only show the great laydowns and the great calls. None of the awful ones. To me he is a great p;layer who has lost his edge. At least that is what I heard in Vegas the 2 weeks I was there. But I did hear he has done well in life. SO that is all that is importnat and he seems to be a good person who is attempting to make a difference in people's lives.I jsut believe his winning days are numbered. I mean he has jsut become a calling station. Almost an oximoron a good calling station
were you a speliing majour in colleege

Oh boy, I've gotta add a few comments before this gets locked up. DN is still up in poker for the year. He won in Tunica, took 2nd in the TOC. He already said that 40 rebuys was just to let off steam. 40K is nothing to him. Why not? It's like us nutbarring 1 cent 2 cent limit.He told us he put everything he had into the HORSE tourney, the cards just didn't cooperate.Oh, and if you are really such a fan, I'm sure he appreciates the way you are showing support. swAt least if you are going to bash him, just say you hate the guy. Alright, that's it.

Oh boy, I've gotta add a few comments before this gets locked up. DN is still up in poker for the year. He won in Tunica, took 2nd in the TOC. He already said that 40 rebuys was just to let off steam. 40K is nothing to him. Why not? It's like us nutbarring 1 cent 2 cent limit.He told us he put everything he had into the HORSE tourney, the cards just didn't cooperate.Oh, and if you are really such a fan, I'm sure he appreciates the way you are showing support. swAt least if you are going to bash him, just say you hate the guy. Alright, that's it.
first off he is not up for the year. sources which again are reliable say he lost aver 3 mill in big game plus some. He is way down because it miught be more than that. you don;t take a break from poker when you are up!!! well at least he has not been around for a long while on the felt . ( again from what i hear) He has lost a lot of money playing cards this year. he can say what he wants but the truth is he is way down or he would still be at the felt playing
30/30/30+1Oh, and send Daniel an email with your advice - he might put it in his book, or if nothing else, it'll help plug the leaks in his game your keen insight has picked up on.
There was one good thing about this post.....^^^^^^^^IQ's avatar... :club:
first off he is not up for the year. sources which again are reliable say he lost aver 3 mill in big game plus some. He is way down because it miught be more than that. you don;t take a break from poker when you are up!!! well at least he has not been around for a long while on the felt . ( again from what i hear) He has lost a lot of money playing cards this year. he can say what he wants but the truth is he is way down or he would still be at the felt playing
I have some pretty reliable sources of my own, and they all told me that you are a complete idiot.
So again, we must ask you, where do you get your ever so "relibale" sources of information from? You obviously know a lot, so please tell us (sw) No, but really, where do you get all this information from?

...In my opinion I think Daniel just needs to take some time off poker. It seems to be bothering him to much as of late. Whether it's "variance" or bad play,he just doesn't look like he's enjoying it. He needs his drive back! And I don't mean coming into the event hungry for it, I MEAN HUNGRY THE WHOLE TIME.

First of all, Tunica=$700,000+, TOC=$300,000+. Together that equals $1,000,000+ PROFIT (just incase you didn't go to Math class). Forget about all the other small cashes. Go add up all the buy-ins and you'll see it's about $300,000. That means overall, in tournaments, he is up.Now, on to cash-games. Think....why would he post on a public forum that he has made more money than he actually has. Does the word TAXES mean anything to you? He is up about $400,000 this year from cash-games. If he were to follow proper bankroll management, he would have a BR of anywhere from $3-$6 million. For anyone playing at those stakes, it would be silly to actually adhere to that idea of a totally liquid bankroll of 500 BB because there is too much money to be made off $5million in other areas. Sooo, losing $1.2million was probably a big sting, hence the backing off. Maybe he wants to just take a break, maybe he wants to re-examine his game, maybe he doesn't have the money readily available. Whatever the reasons, he is still one of the best overall poker players in the world. All you have to do is look at the stats.

just watch high stakes poker.The guy plays like a dink. He has the roll for the game and He and haldf the other guys clearly don't belong.Good thing they ca :club: n play mix games but their Nl H cash skills are weak.

just watch high stakes poker.The guy plays like a dink. He has the roll for the game and He and haldf the other guys clearly don't belong.Good thing they ca :club: n play mix games but their Nl H cash skills are weak.
don't you just love it when people say pro's have no skills.. while those people still play their 0.50/1 games and barely break even.just a litle update, DN and other pro's have made more money playing poker then you will ever have, and they didn't do it the "i'm a lucky idiot winning the wsop and getting 12 million" way
don't you just love it when people say pro's have no skills.. while those people still play their 0.50/1 games and barely break even.just a litle update, DN and other pro's have made more money playing poker then you will ever have, and they didn't do it the "i'm a lucky idiot winning the wsop and getting 12 million" way
lube your *** some morehave you watched some of these donk plays. I mean the hand with jacks.LO ****ing L

How is it that the filters suck so bad that they allow a cuss in a screen name, but not in posts... that seems pretty backwards to me.

Wow still missing the point. His play was horrendous and he lost money with all the buy ins he had. He reboughtliek i don;t know 60 times in the rebuy and lost 50000 int he horse event alone. Look I am not here to bash him i love the man he is my acorite player since i first saw him play in the 1990's. But he is not the same player!!!
So everyone who didn't cash in the HORSE (you know most of the field - a field heavy with pros) is crap because they lost 50000 in the horse even alone?The rebuy event is the "have fun" event for DN it would seem - do you judge everyone's results by how they do in the event they don't try and optimise their ROI on?Considering he cashed for over $470000 in the WSOP+TOC I have my doubts about him losing money - sure $100k or so HORSE+rebuy there's no way the rest of the events cost $370k to enter, I'd guess his tournament ROI that month was way better than you did that month.Yes his play on HSP hasn't been wonderful these recent episodes - he was clearly tilting, giving a perfect example of why tilting is such a bad thing for a poker player.

Well, you're criticizing his tourney play, but he's up one million dollars in tourney play so far in 2006. That's not opinion...that's public record. What am I not understanding? Every year people say what you're saying, and every year DN seems to make a pretty lucrative profit. Could it be maybe that you dont understand his play, and assume it's bad? Not that I dont think he makes the wrong move once in a while.As for cash game, he's blogged his results as being +400k so far in 2006. He will pay taxes on his profits at the end of the year. I dont know anyone who would pay taxes on income they invented to stoke their own ego on an internet forum. Is that really what you think is going on here?