David Sklansky Going To Win Borgata

Weird. He should have folded to the raise with 5 5.
that guy double him up at least twice holding KQ or K rag, very good chance he was in a coinflip and was willing to take it for possibly a huge chip lead heads up\
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went off to bowl for league with Sklansky in third. I come back home and see the hand he went off with. He probably thought it would be a race, and we all know pocket pair three handed at the final table should give you a decent chance. Id probably done the same thing, at least hoping my opponent had AK,AQanyone think they made some kind of deal at the final table?

no, i dont think a deal was made. i talked to mark after they had gotten down to 27 players.. he was planning on winning it all, he really wants to break into the top (for the older guys here, you know when you look at someone still young and they really really want something, that get that glazed look and all kinds of excited? that was mark, but multiply by 10, hell he just about knocked my wife on her butt trying to get back to the cash games at borgata, he just seemed in a "groove"). like i said before, he was the one to watch (woohoo, i was right on a read!! LOL)

This has nothing to do with Tilly or Sklansky but whilst I was railing during Day 1 that Ariel Schneller guy had just an unbelievable cavalcade of chips at one point prompting Antonio seated next to him to comment "So Ariel how does it feel to win the Borgata Poker Open"...I can't believe he bubbled. These kids today just don't know the difference between aggressive and reckless.
Schneller's stack was so big on Day 2 it was unbelievable, I thought for sure he was guaranteed to cruise into the final table. Then I'm downstairs playing $1/2 the next morning and I see him walk in (in a fake Randle El jersey by the way) and I thought to myself..."shouldn't he be upstairs playing, there's no way he could've busted out". Me and my friend went upstairs to watch a little later and sure enough he was railing Newhouse's table. We went up and asked him what happened and he went into like a 15 minute detailed analysis of how Chad Brown (the only one with enough chips to bust him) called his all in and knocked him out. I said to him, "why would you mess with a big stack on a bluff" and he got a little mad and said "cause I want his chips just like everyone elses". Then he went into a rant about how he's the best player no one ever heard of, how the day before everyone wanted his picture and autograph and wanted to buy a percentage of him, how Esfandiari said he was a lock to win. He started complaining about how this is the 4th tournament he's busted on the bubble after being chip leader early. He was kind've annoying me but I'm sure we'll see him again.
This has nothing to do with Tilly or Sklansky but whilst I was railing during Day 1 that Ariel Schneller guy had just an unbelievable cavalcade of chips at one point prompting Antonio seated next to him to comment "So Ariel how does it feel to win the Borgata Poker Open"...I can't believe he bubbled. These kids today just don't know the difference between aggressive and reckless.
FCP should create a special award for you, for being the only person to EVER use this word in a post.Bravo sir.... :club:
FCP should create a special award for you, for being the only person to EVER use this word in a post.Bravo sir.... :club:
Ty, I'm no Prahlad Friedman or anything (avoidance) but I digress...seriously is it just me or do the kids who get these huge advantages early not understand the huge difference between aggression and recklessness? They should watch guys like DN or JJ get a chip lead and notice the difference...and why they normally don't bubble with huge chips like these kids do, it's mind boggling. Their excuse always is that they are playing to win...you can still do that and practice aggression but don't call off your money against big stacks without significant edges....meh I'm bored. I'll preface this by saying I don't know where Schneller lost a big chunk of his chips so it may have been something sick I dunno...I'm just assuming it was poor given the last response I saw of the guy who talked to him.
Ty, I'm no Prahlad Friedman or anything (avoidance) but I digress...seriously is it just me or do the kids who get these huge advantages early not understand the huge difference between aggression and recklessness? They should watch guys like DN or JJ get a chip lead and notice the difference...and why they normally don't bubble with huge chips like these kids do, it's mind boggling. Their excuse always is that they are playing to win...you can still do that and practice aggression but don't call off your money against big stacks without significant edges....meh I'm bored. I'll preface this by saying I don't know where Schneller lost a big chunk of his chips so it may have been something sick I dunno...I'm just assuming it was poor given the last response I saw of the guy who talked to him.
Schneller put Brown all in on a flop of q-j-2 with 2 spades I think. Brown made the easy call with A-K of spades and Schneller had K-10 offsuit if I remeber correctly. I remember him complaining that it's the only hand Brown would have called his all in re-raise with. He thought Brown would've folded A-Q (which I doubt).