Wcoop #2: $530 Nlhe

Yeah, tonight's game is certainly big. Especially considering the pitchers that are going (regardless of how well they have pitched this year).Imagine how far out they'd be if they hadn't picked up Maddux :-p.In all seriousness, I like them as much as any other NL team in the playoffs this year.
For sure (channeling TMay there ;-) ).Our 1988 team was pretty bad except Hershiser and Gibson, and we somehow made it past a much better Mets team before taking out the A's in the WS, so I'm hoping this year is similar.As long as the Giants don't make it...But hopefully Bonds keeps hitting so the morons re-sign him.
I dislike all NL teams, because they are lucky to be in the NL.
At least we play real baseball in the NL, not that aberration they play in the AL. :-)That being said, I'd take more then a few teams that will miss the playoffs outright in the AL vs any NL team. (whomever misses out in the central, etc).
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we play real baseball in the NL, not that aberration they play in the AL. :-)That being said, I'd take more then a few teams that will miss the playoffs outright in the AL vs any NL team. (whomever misses out in the central, etc).
I wish the Jays were in the NL :club:
I picked the dodgers to win the series.I love that team. Especially the pitching staff.
You are alright by then me sir. :-)Besides blowing that 7-0 lead in Chicago last week, Lowe has been outstanding in the second half. Interestingly enough, it cooincides with Maddux's arrival. Maddux has been great of course since he's been with the team. Penny has been good this year, but he still tries to blow it by people too much (see his All Star start this year for a good example). Billingsley is going to be very good for a very long time, and was starting to look like it before he pulled a rib cage muscle. The 5th spot in the rotation has been shaky, but in the playoffs you only need 3-4 starters, so we should be in decent shape _if_ we get there.On the other hand, Kent and Nomar are both hobbling, and Ethier has worn down, so our offense is subpar right now. Furcal has been pretty much carrying us, and a leadoff hitter shouldn't be doing that.Anyway, as long as the Giants don't knock us out the final weekend in SF (which I'll be there for at least one game), I'll be content.
I wish the Jays were in the NL :club:
Yeah, they would be in the hunt for sure. I like their GM, he'll make you guys into a winner eventually. Tough being in the AL East though.
You are alright by then me sir. :-)Besides blowing that 7-0 lead in Chicago last week, Lowe has been outstanding in the second half. Interestingly enough, it cooincides with Maddux's arrival. Maddux has been great of course since he's been with the team. Penny has been good this year, but he still tries to blow it by people too much (see his All Star start this year for a good example). Billingsley is going to be very good for a very long time, and was starting to look like it before he pulled a rib cage muscle. The 5th spot in the rotation has been shaky, but in the playoffs you only need 3-4 starters, so we should be in decent shape _if_ we get there.On the other hand, Kent and Nomar are both hobbling, and Ethier has worn down, so our offense is subpar right now. Furcal has been pretty much carrying us, and a leadoff hitter shouldn't be doing that.Anyway, as long as the Giants don't knock us out the final weekend in SF (which I'll be there for at least one game), I'll be content. Yeah, they would be in the hunt for sure. I like their GM, he'll make you guys into a winner eventually. Tough being in the AL East though.
How great is Omar Vizquel this year? they should check him for steroids.