Top Set, 3-suited Board

Villain is 77/12/0.54 over 77 hands. He was willing to call almost any bet with almost any 2 cards, but when he raised he usually had some kind of hand. Thoughts?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP ($192.75)CO ($53.90)Button ($81.50)SB ($99)Hero ($134.50)UTG ($131.10)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 1 fold, MP calls $1, CO raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $9, MP calls $8, CO calls $6.Flop: ($27.50) Qheart.gif, 3heart.gif, 5heart.gif(3 players)Hero bets $20, MP raises to $60, CO folds, Hero raises to $125.5

dont see how you can get away from this hand, you have every hand beat except flopped flush, and we can improve to a boat, would you really lay that down? maybe he had AKo w A :club: ? thought his two overs were good?

Villain is 77/12/0.54 over 77 hands. He was willing to call almost any bet with almost any 2 cards, but when he raised he usually had some kind of hand. Thoughts?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP ($192.75)CO ($53.90)Button ($81.50)SB ($99)Hero ($134.50)UTG ($131.10)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 1 fold, MP calls $1, CO raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $9, MP calls $8, CO calls $6.Flop: ($27.50) Qheart.gif, 3heart.gif, 5heart.gif(3 players)Hero bets $20, MP raises to $60, CO folds, Hero raises to $125.5
K..134.5 - 9(preflop) = 125.5125.50 - 20 (c-bet) = 105.5 left for push?
What was yours?A simple clarification was all I was asking. I was trying to confirm that we had absolutely no fold equity, though, it largely doesn't matter. Push, whatever..Sigh when you see his BS flush.I like checking this flop, much better than leading out.
I thought you were misunderstanding the bet sizes. You are correct that we have no fold equity. However, we aren't folding this to the raise, and we can't legitimately call and see a turn. I see pushing as the only play.
Always so vague.What's our plan after we check, and villain bets $20?
Raise. If he leads.DrawingDead could've said it the same ol' way instead of being "vague"....With that raise, only hands that call you, beat you.
I thought you were misunderstanding the bet sizes. You are correct that we have no fold equity. However, we aren't folding this to the raise, and we can't legitimately call and see a turn. I see pushing as the only play.
..Strangely, I never suggested folding it?
Always so vague.What's our plan after we check, and villain bets $20?
Push.
Raise. If he leads.DrawingDead could've said it the same ol' way instead of being "vague"....
not sure what this means?Maybe I just assume that if I check OOP with top set on a monotone board people will understand that my intent is to raise? That I assume, wrongly(apparently), you guys know I'm not check/folding or simply calling down.
What was yours?A simple clarification was all I was asking. I was trying to confirm that we had absolutely no fold equity, though, it largely doesn't matter. Push, whatever..Sigh when you see his BS flush.I like checking this flop, much better than leading out.
There's no way you can check this flop, your just begging to be out drawn on. And doing so tells you nothing. If he did flop he flush, he is just as likely to slow play it on the flop as he to bet it, so then pushing on the turn instead of the flop just gives your oppenent more chances to hit is nut flush draw or get away cheaply.I think you played it fine.
There's no way you can check this flop, your just begging to be out drawn on. And doing so tells you nothing. If he did flop he flush, he is just as likely to slow play it on the flop as he to bet it, so then pushing on the turn instead of the flop just gives your oppenent more chances to hit is nut flush draw or get away cheaply.I think you played it fine.
I wonder how some of you guys sleep at night with all those monsters under the bed.
I wonder how some of you guys sleep at night with all those monsters under the bed.
How is that playing scared? the OP played it fine, got all his money in a +EV situation.