Protection Poker-- A Mans Game

The time was 4.14am. The place was a upstairs room in a nightclub in Ipswich. The stakes were..different.I had to go over there last night/this morning to sort of some business with a bloke called Armless Andy. He wanted £100K for the protection business he owned with 8 goons. It is lucrative but geezers and narks are always wanting in, you have to be on your toes in my game.I wouldn`t give him 100K, blokes like me don`t pay the asking price for anything, I told him "Look you slag, its £70 grand or nothing"He said "I`ll do a deal with you Kray, heads up poker if you win it`ll cost you £50K, if I win it`ll be £120K" I`m a man of me word so I agreed.He told one of his goons to grab 4 bottles of vodka from behind the bar of the club, it would be a long night and we needed grog inside us.The game started, we had 500 chips each, blinds at 5/10. Increasing every 25 mins, his chief goon Slasher Sid held the clock, he looked shady and I didn`t trust him. I don`t tend to trust blokes with necks thicker than my thigh.The cards were poor, I bluffed Armless Andy out of some big pots, due to me having an ice cold nerve, and ice cold blood running through me veins.I held the chip lead after 2 hours play, we`d downed 3 bottles of Smirnoff by then, I was sober as a judge, Andy was slurring and talking like a lifter.It got to 4am, Slasher Sid announced "Gents, blinds going up now"I looked at saw I got 850 chips, Andy was red eyed and looking at his tiny little stack of 3 50 chips.I took the pot off him, he was in the red zone for sure now. No time for bluffs, no time for moves from Andy.I was in the SB with KK, irony as thats the hand which is named after us. KK for Kray Twins.I said "I`m setting you all in Andy, its do or die now pal", He looked and sighed "I call Kray"He had JJ, our hand won and I`d gained protection of Ipswich. I rung my brother up one of my 17 mobile phones (have to chop and change or the filth get wind of the numbers)"Hey bruv, guess what bruv, we got Ipswich. We put up prices first thing bruv""Thats excellent Reg" he replied "can you do me a favour?""Course my bruv" I replied, although I was a bit tired and had an hours drive in front of me, "Pick me up a chick from that nice little parlour in Woodbridge Rd""No prob bruv" I repliedSo, thats how we awoke this morning, Ted the Snitch found us after banging on the door for an hour. Me laying on the kitchen table using a loaf of bread as a pillow, and my brother and his bird laying together on the sitting room floor, surrounded by piles of £20 notes...

Sorry bruv, but you really need to work on your writing. The imagination might be there, but the technique is not. Maybe start a blog and then come back here and post them once you get better? Meh. Just an honest suggestion.

Me and my brother are going back down the pub later, I told the landlord he keeps his doors open 24 hours a day for us. Its part of the protection deal we have with him.My brother is on the blower right now, he`s ringing up Sawn-off Sandy to see if he fancies a trip down into the sticks of Suffolk tonight. We ain`t seen him since he had an accident with a razor back in `92, he pleaded insanity and ended up in Broadmoor until he escaped 3 years ago. Been hiding his face in a squat in Whitechapel since then.We need to set up a poker game for tomorrow night down here, a big game. £30K buy in this one. I told the landlord of the pub to shut it down when we require it...

i still like them, but two pieces of criticism:1 - too many random numbers. not everything has to be 17 or 30000 or whatever. you can just use "a few" or "big" or stuff like that.2 - you started with 500 chips each, then he had 350 and you had 850? doesn't add up. goddamn cheatin krays.

i still like them, but two pieces of criticism:2 - you started with 500 chips each, then he had 350 and you had 850? doesn't add up. goddamn cheatin krays.
He said he had 3 50 chips. 3 x 50 = 150. :club:

I posted a similar reply in one of this guy's other threads - just a sort of public service.In case you've never heard of them (I hadn't), apparently the Kray Brothers were gangsters from the 30's:http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangsters_outl...ay/index_1.html...and according to Wikipedia, Reginald "Reggie" Kray died in 2000http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_KrayEver have one of those friends who insisted on speaking in a phony Brittish accent? This guy reminds me of that sort of "bloke".

Something tells me this is the guy who spams the Pokah forums....or who used to, but no longer can since they make you earn a player point to post in the Hold'em lounge.He kept on spamming, then signing it Ron and Reg 80/20, whatever that meant.