so called all star players and their limits...

To be honest, it makes me laugh when people who are doing nothing but playing .25/.50 are talking about destroying everyone at the table, being amazing players, rolling over games constantly, telling other people they are garbage, etc.Considering how cocky people are on this site, and how much everyone apparently wins, I find it amazing that I've never seen any fcpers at the 2-4, 3-6 limit tables at pstars, or for that matter any NL table above .05-.10.Now I can only speak for pokerstars, but I find it hard to believe anyone playing on pokerstars makes any sort of serious money at all. This is not to slight people buying in with 50 bucks and working their way up at the lower limits, cuz that takes awhile, but some of the so called pros on here never moving up in limits speaks volumes about their level of play.I refuse to believe most people on this site who play these small limits win any real money, otherwise they would have moved up in limits long ago, and I would have run into these people.When people critique me for folding KK into a raised NL pot and there's an ace on board, with 2 people in for 5 before me, I'd love to see these people play at an NL table, because clearly these are horrible players.I don't understand how so called brilliant players can be stuck on .25/.50 limit tables for months on end.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people critique me for folding KK into a raised NL pot and there's an ace on board, with 2 people in for 5 before me, I'd love to see these people play at an NL table, because clearly these are horrible players.I don't understand how so called brilliant players can be stuck on .25/.50 limit tables for months on end.
1. That's the correct play.2. It takes time to move up in limit, FAR more then in NL. You can't double or triple your buyin on one hand. Often, you lose a few BB before you even win a potProper bankroll management should be done slowly and effectively.If you have proper bankroll management, you CAN NOT GO BROKE.Let me repeat: YOU CAN NOT GO BROKE with proper bankroll except under the most ridiculous circumstancesPlayers go broke by 1) playing games above their limit2) playing while drunk, leading to number 1.I play at low limits because I am a full time college student with only 1 year of poker under my belt.I offer advice, almost never criticism, but the criticism that I DO see, is criticism of one specific play, NOT of the person.I've been criticized before for what I thought was the right play, I admitted that others know more then me, and I moved on.
When people critique me for folding KK into a raised NL pot and there's an ace on board, with 2 people in for 5 before me, I'd love to see these people play at an NL table, because clearly these are horrible players.I don't understand how so called brilliant players can be stuck on .25/.50 limit tables for months on end.
1. That's the correct play.2. It takes time to move up in limit, FAR more then in NL. You can't double or triple your buyin on one hand. Often, you lose a few BB before you even win a potProper bankroll management should be done slowly and effectively.If you have proper bankroll management, you CAN NOT GO BROKE.Let me repeat: YOU CAN NOT GO BROKE with proper bankroll except under the most ridiculous circumstancesPlayers go broke by 1) playing games above their limit2) playing while drunk, leading to number 1.I play at low limits because I am a full time college student with only 1 year of poker under my belt.I offer advice, almost never criticism, but the criticism that I DO see, is criticism of one specific play, NOT of the person.I've been criticized before for what I thought was the right play, I admitted that others know more then me, and I moved on.
As I said, I wasn' t criticizing people for playing the lower limits, i played .10-25 for a few months till i moved up over 1000...i'm talking about people who have played this limits for many many many months and still haven't moved up.
Now I can only speak for pokerstarspretty much that statement describes what little thought process you had when making this post
This was as far as playing with certain people. It doesn't change the fact that certain people have no problem talking about the fact that they only play .25/.50 and its been that way for months, it doesn't matter what site they are on.I just find it hilarious to see people criticizing my play of NL hands when they clearly have never played at such a limit before.
Now I can only speak for pokerstarspretty much that statement describes what little thought process you had when making this post
This was as far as playing with certain people. It doesn't change the fact that certain people have no problem talking about the fact that they only play .25/.50 and its been that way for months, it doesn't matter what site they are on.I just find it hilarious to see people criticizing my play of NL hands when they clearly have never played at such a limit before.
link me to your NL hands you have posted, I honestly missed them. I'll "critique" them and you can tell me if my thought process on the hands sucked. Sound fair?

the limits you play does not have any true bearing on your skills as a poker player. I play 2-4 no lomit, 5-10 no limit, and 10-25 no limit and to be honest woth you I see people making terrible plays at all levels. And that includes everybody. No one makes perfect plays all the time people make bad decisions, it happens to all of us. I think there are lots of people who post here that play lower limits and have a very sound theory on how the games they speak of are played. So, I guess what I'm saying, is that the limits you play dont neccessarily define you as a player.my 2 cents

As I said, I wasn' t criticizing people for playing the lower limits, i played .10-25 for a few months till i moved up over 1000...i'm talking about people who have played this limits for many many many months and still haven't moved up.
not to name names but I'm thinking his initials are JFarrell
the limits you play does not have any true bearing on your skills as a poker player. I play 2-4 no lomit, 5-10 no limit, and 10-25 no limit and to be honest woth you I see people making terrible plays at all levels. And that includes everybody. No one makes perfect plays all the time people make bad decisions, it happens to all of us. I think there are lots of people who post here that play lower limits and have a very sound theory on how the games they speak of are played. So, I guess what I'm saying, is that the limits you play dont neccessarily define you as a player.my 2 cents
Yes, I know you can be a very solid player and play the micro limits because thats all your bankroll allows, but if you are constantly crushing these games, as many people claim to do, then eventually you are going to move up, yet it seems many people don't.
not to name names but I'm thinking his initials are JFarrell
haha, would have been funnier if u said "rhymes with KFarrell"
Yes, I know you can be a very solid player and play the micro limits because thats all your bankroll allows, but if you are constantly crushing these games, as many people claim to do, then eventually you are going to move up, yet it seems many people don't.
It really shouldn't bother you this much. Just let them go on their way, correct them if you feel like putting in the effort.
It really shouldn't bother you this much. Just let them go on their way, correct them if you feel like putting in the effort.

I truly think bills/cashouts have alot to do with the not moving up part. I've been stuck at 3-6 for months now, paying bills but adding very little to the bankroll. As for the unconstructive criticism, let em. Who Cares!

I don't claim to be awesome or anything, so maybe I'm not qualified to post here ... but it's ok, I had Subway today.I plan on sitting on the low limits for a long time and putting my profits into savings and/or paying bills with them. I'm trying to get ahead on money to move out of this god-forsaken place, and I don't necessarily trust my life savings and my poker bank roll being one and the same.mmm Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki
To be honest, it makes me laugh when people who are doing nothing but playing .25/.50 are talking about destroying everyone at the table, being amazing players, rolling over games constantly, telling other people they are garbage, etc.Considering how censored people are on this site, and how much everyone apparently wins, I find it amazing that I've never seen any fcpers at the 2-4, 3-6 limit tables at pstars, or for that matter any NL table above .05-.10.Now I can only speak for pokerstars, but I find it hard to believe anyone playing on pokerstars makes any sort of serious money at all. This is not to slight people buying in with 50 bucks and working their way up at the lower limits, cuz that takes awhile, but some of the so called pros on here never moving up in limits speaks volumes about their level of play.I refuse to believe most people on this site who play these small limits win any real money, otherwise they would have moved up in limits long ago, and I would have run into these people.When people critique me for folding KK into a raised NL pot and there's an ace on board, with 2 people in for 5 before me, I'd love to see these people play at an NL table, because clearly these are horrible players.I don't understand how so called brilliant players can be stuck on .25/.50 limit tables for months on end.
lmao, if you came here for good poker advice, good luck. This place has just turned into a huge p*ssing contest, to see who can hand out the most harsh, unjustified critisism of fellow forum members. There is very little intelligent constructive critisism here anymore. For that matter, there is very little of anything positive here anymore. It makes me sick.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ighlight=#79591The only thing that makes me more nauseous than the losers who hammer every posted hand are cry baby hippocrits like you. You can dish it out but you can't take it, aye?

Seems like everyone here does a pretty good job of criticizing other people. But I have also seen people help others from time to time. In regard to the original post. I don't see how "I" could make serious money playing 2-4 or 3-6. Those limits are just too small for me. When I first started playing poker eight years ago, those were the limits that I started at. After eight years of playing A LOT of poker I still have a tremendous amount to learn. I often seek advice from people who are MUCH better than I am. You must stay humble at certain times. Playing poker for a year, isn't when a person should start giving advice. That's just my opinion. Good Luck.

To be honest, it makes me laugh when people who are doing nothing but playing .25/.50 are talking about destroying everyone at the table, being amazing players, rolling over games constantly,  telling other people they are garbage, etc.Considering how censored people are on this site, and how much everyone apparently wins, I find it amazing that I've never seen any fcpers at the 2-4, 3-6 limit tables at pstars, or for that matter any NL table above .05-.10.Now I can only speak for pokerstars, but I find it hard to believe anyone playing on pokerstars makes any sort of serious money at all. This is not to slight people buying in with 50 bucks and working their way up at the lower limits, cuz that takes awhile, but some of the so called pros on here never moving up in limits speaks volumes about their level of play.I refuse to believe most people on this site who play these small limits win any real money, otherwise they would have moved up in limits long ago, and I would have run into these people.When people critique me for folding KK into a raised NL pot and there's an ace on board, with 2 people in for 5 before me, I'd love to see these people play at an NL table, because clearly these are horrible players.I don't understand how so called brilliant players can be stuck on .25/.50 limit tables for months on end.
lmao, if you came here for good poker advice, good luck. This place has just turned into a huge p*ssing contest, to see who can hand out the most harsh, unjustified critisism of fellow forum members. There is very little intelligent constructive critisism here anymore. For that matter, there is very little of anything positive here anymore. It makes me sick.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...ighlight=#79591The only thing that makes me more nauseous than the losers who hammer every posted hand are cry baby hippocrits like you. You can dish it out but you can't take it, aye?
The point of this thread wasn't to say that one can't criticize another person's play ever, my point was when people continually do it and clearly aren't very good players as it appears they don't win any money considering that they are playing the baby limits for years at a time and never moving up. You clearly missed the point of this topic. How am I a cry baby hypocrit? I know you're supposed to fold KK when there's an ace on the flop and 2 people already in for 5 dollars, I'm simply pointing out some people who claim to be superior players and are anything but.