Vancouver B C Players ...

EDIT: Trip report is post#11 of this thread. Hey guys,I am going to need to know how many of you are a go.Please reply to this thread if you will be at Riverrock on Friday night @ 9pm.Please reply even if you have already :club: ThanksHere is the original thread if you need more information.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=73810&st=0

This Friday is not looking good for me making it out to River Rock...I will do my best, but Vegas is laying 5 to 1 against my being there. If I don't make it out, I will certainly be there next Saturday for the tournement. As before, I plan to directly buy-in to the $260 satellite.Cheers,Merby

Sat the 16th Boulevard is having a $300+20 100 person tournament. If you win that you can buy into all 3 events. Also if your just interested in playing in the BCPC main event, as I am, you should wait until oct 6 where they start running satellites to the events seperately. I played in the last 260 combo satellite, 88 people 4 entrys and 5th got 2200 or something. Anyways coming in top 5% is hard, the oct 6 satellites award 1 for every 10 or 15 i believe.

I PMed, but will post here as well.I was really looking forward to coming tonight. Meeting up with FCPers and playing some satellites would definitely make for a good time. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Thanks to sixhands for organizing the get-together. I hope we can do it again soon on another day.Have fun guys!

Thanks for all your replies guys.Sorry that some of you can't make it but I will still be there tonight at 9pm in the bar by the poker room if the rest of you decide to show.I will play in the satellite as soon as it fills up and will post in this thread any interesting hands and obviously my result.Talk soonCheersSix

Sorry guys this is my first time on line in a while. I have just started a new job and have been very busy. Couldn't makeit needed sleep and have hockey at * am this morn. Hope everyone had fun. Let's try to have a get together for the satillite or something. We should get DN to give us some FCP grear to wear at the tourney!! Oh I got my DVD by UPS the other day, you alll are in trouble now, you can just deposit your money directly in my account now. :club:

Vancouver FCP @ Riverrock.As promised, here is the report of the first Vancouver FCP meeting. This may be a bit long or if you are not interested, stop reading now :)As the previous posts indicate, I attempted to get 10 FCP members together to play the $60 BCPC qualifier. 3 members notified me that they would be unable to attend. Thank you to Merby, Threebet and cfinn for letting me know you couldn't make it. One person DID reply that they could make it. Stonz gave me a quick description of what to look for when I got to Riverrock and sure enough I found him without any trouble. As for the rest of you ...................... j/k (You can still come to the next one if you want.)Here is the report ...I knew the day would not be going as planned as I had a long drive from Abbotsford to Richmond and as luck would have it I hit every red traffic light along the way.Nevermind I thought to myself, at least this way I am using up all of my bad luck before the tournament. How wrong could I have been, I got to Riverrock and the parking attendant informed that the lot was full. I drove around for about 10 minutes and then followed a guy so that I could get his parking spot as I left.I got to the pokerroom and found Stonz, we signed up for the SNG as no other FCP players were there. When we signed up there were 5 names on the list, including ours, so we decided to go to the bar and have a beer. Stonz is a really cool guy, I am not going to get into details as that is not my story to tell. As it turns out though we have a lot in common and needless to say we hit it off. We were going to have another beer but thought we should see how the table was coming along.Stonz and I get to the front desk and see that they have started another table list. Quick as a flash we both whip out our seat allocation cards and say hey you took our money why weren't we notified. Anyway we were included and head to the table.Guess what? As luck would have it I have already had to pay both big and small blinds, not too worry blinds are still low and I can make it back.Stonz was in seat 1 and I was in seat 8, that was good as I don't think we really wanted to tangle with each other too much. We both didn't really get too many playable hands. I limped in late position with AQ, AJ and A10 but missed the flop so folded to a pot sized bet each time.We lost 2 players really early, I didn't see how one guy went out but the other went out like this.UTG player limps, player in middle position raises, one off the button goes all-in, UTG calls, middle position folds. UTG has the other player covered. UTG shows KK (he limped UTG with a monster, now if that wasn’t asking for trouble I don't know what is.) The other guy showed 88.The board missed the all-in and he went home. We are down to 8.We lost two more, blinds were getting quite high and both my and Stonz's chip stacks were getting quite low. Push or fold time for both of us.I am UTG and look down to find QQ, any raise would have me pot committed and if I limped then I may have to face a difficult decision on the flop. I push and get no callers.The next orbit it is folded to me and I push with A10 off, again no callers and I pick up the blinds once again.This time it is Stonz's turn to push, he pushes with A10 and gets called by A9. Stonz told me afterwards that he wasn't feeling too good when he was called and still wasn't feeling good when he saw the A9. Anyway the A10 held up and now Stonz has some chips to play with.Back to me, I push with 77, 44, 87s, KQs and AJ off, pick up the blinds each time but I am still in a push or fold situation. The blinds at this point are ridiculous.My demise was imminent, UTG had barely enough to cover the BB so he went all-in, I looked down at AQ spades and I had him covered by 280. I think to myself that he is at the point where he is going to push with any two so I go all-in for 280 more. No other callers and I am thinking to myself that it is double up time. No such luck as he flips over two aces. No straight and no flush, I am now down to 280 and UTG, I look at one card, the A clubs and yup I am all-in. I am called by the BB who shows K6 off. I flip my other card and it is a 3. I hit my 3 on the flop, he bricked the rest of it and I am back up to around 750 in chips.I am all-in on the BB and I called by the other short stack (I have him covered by 50)I flip K8 off and he flips A6 off, A on the flop and I am severely crippled.I go out on the next hand to the same person who just took my chips. I have K9 and he has an A, A on the flop and I am done in 6th.I stick around to rail Stonz who has been patiently waiting to pick up some playable hands. Plus the fact that I needed to write an accurate report and If I left then what good am I. I also had to buy him a beer as he bought the first one :)There is 5 left and the top two get an entry to the super satellite $260 value.Play goes back and forth, blinds get higher, push or fold for 3 of them. I think Stonz was 2nd in chips so had a little bit of a cushion.The following hand decides it all, UTG goes all-in, UTG +1 calls, UTG +2 calls, Stonz looks down at an A and thinks about it, he looks at me and I shake my head ever so slightly (flame me if you want, I know what I did was wrong but I really wanted FCP to get a ticket :club:.) Stonz did fold and the chip leader called.The players showedUTG KQ offUTG +1 KJ offUTG +2 A4 offCL 53 off (he was the BB as well :D)Flop4 3 9Turn8River5Chip lead knocks out 3 players with two pair fives and threes. End result, Stonz and the other guy gets a ticket to the $260 super satellite.Stonz and I had another beer to celebrate and discuss our play. Overall I think it was a good night. I was happy to meet at least one FCP forum member and play some poker.I will organize another event and maybe some more FCP members can attend.I don't think I played badly and who knows maybe things would have been different if I hadn’t of hit all the red traffic lights :DThanks for readingSix

good read, gl in qualifying for the ME, will you buy in directly if you dont win a seat?
I'll qualify, no doubt about it :club:
The biggest thing I know about Abbotsford is that it's home to the crappiest restaurants of any town I've ever been in :PSounds like a good trip, but I would have kicked up a fuss about the deck with two ace of spades.
I guess I just got pwned, post has been fixed. At least I have another FCP member to back up my story :DOh and you are absolutely right about the restaurants.
  • 2 weeks later...

Reviving an old thread:I am planning on playing in the $60 BCPC PLO H/L qualifier this Sunday, does anyone want to join me?Details:Where: River RockWhen: Sunday, beginning at noonOne $1,100 PLO H/L seat for the BCPC will be awarded for every 20 entriesCheers,Merbyp.s. I've gotta run right now, but I will check back later tonight...

Been out of the city and forums for a lot of September. Totally missed this thread.Good report Sixhands...will definitely give you BC FCPers a shout when I head out west next.

Reviving an old thread:I am planning on playing in the $60 BCPC PLO H/L qualifier this Sunday, does anyone want to join me?Details:Where: River RockWhen: Sunday, beginning at noonOne $1,100 PLO H/L seat for the BCPC will be awarded for every 20 entriesCheers,Merbyp.s. I've gotta run right now, but I will check back later tonight...
I would join but my Hockey Pool draft is on Sunday. I am going to try some other qualifiers soon.Good luck on Sunday Merby.
I would join but my Hockey Pool draft is on Sunday. I am going to try some other qualifiers soon.Good luck on Sunday Merby.
Thanks! I will let you guys know how this one goes. Hopefully I can go two for two on the single tournement satellites -- after all, I am having no luck in the combo super satellites. Last Saturday, for example, I was knocked out in the first level when my trip jacks ran into --not one-- but two opponents with open-ended straight flush draws (on the same hand!), one of whom caught a straight...Cheers,Merby

BCPC PLO H/L satellite tournement summary (LONG!!!)Well, I just got home from playing in the $60 satellite for the BCPC Omaha event. As promised, here's the "trip" report (give me a break... it was a 40 minute drive each way, so I'm calling it a trip -- lol). I woke up bright and early this morning (9:00 am, which is about 3 hours earlier than my normal wake up time). Breakfast, coffee, shower... ready to go.I get to River Rock at 10:30 am, so I register and immediately put my name on the 1/2 NLHE, 4/8 LHE, and 5/10 LOmaha H/L lists (I normally play 1/2, but I was sort of in a limit mood today...) Not 5 minutes later, they open another 1/2 table and I am called. SWEET-- No wait! I sit down for the $200 maximum, and before the first hand is even dealt, I am called for the 4/8 LHE game as well... Looking at the faces at my table, I quickly decide to stay (there are some known fish sitting here... considering I would be the fish at the limit game, I decide to stay and turn a profit...)One of the players at my table is a "poker friend" of mine (i.e. I've played with him often enough to know his name, and to have leant him money --once-- big mistake) He is one of the fish who (sadly) is playing for his rent/bills etc. I know I will never get that $300 back... since then, I have decided to look on it as charity for him and a lesson learned for me. He is a nice guy, so I don't begrudge him the money.Anyway, on the first hand, my "poker friend" ends up busting an opponent's pocket kings when his 79-offsuit goes runner-runner boat. The play is loose and fun, and by the time the tournement starts, I am up around half-a-stack of reds. I go to the cashier to discover that I am up EXACTLY $60... sweet! I am essentially "free-rolling" in the satellite today (as I have already decided that no matter how long my tournement is, I am heading home afterwards).The TournementWell, it turns out there were exactly 20 people in the tournement (figures... Omaha is never that popular...) so first place will win the seat and the rest will recieve SQUAT!Not surprisingly, there are a lot of "Hold'em fish" in this tournement (people who have only played hold'em, and while they know the rules of how to play PLO H/L, they don't know how to adjust their strategy from a hold'em mindset). These people are great for building your stack up, because they always overvalue hands like top pair/overpair/two pair/sets etc. I swear, they are just GIVING their money away!For example, in one hand when there are roughly 15 players remaining, the blinds are 100/200, and the key players have the following stacks:UTG (me): ~4000BB: 425SB (Hold'em fish): ~3500I pick up A :club: 3 :D 3 4 and decide to call (I know the BB is probably going to raise all-in and my hand will play better multiway rather than heads-up, plus it is weak enough that I can get away from it if anyone (other than the BB) chooses to raise). Everyone folds to the button (who calls). The SB calls and the BB checks! (whaa...?)Flop: Q :D 5 2. (Sweet! I have the uncounterfittable nut low draw with the wrap wheel draw and backdoor flush draw).It is checked to me, so I bet 225 (the amount remaining in the BB's stack), hoping to get raised. The SB calls but both the BB and button fold (wow... I guess the BB had absolutely nothing! I still don't understand that fold).Turn: 7 :D giving me the nut low and nut flush draw. The pot is 1225, but my hand is so good both ways that I don't want to scare away my quarry. Ths SB checks, and I bet half-pot (600). The SB calls.River: A giving me the wheel. There is no flush on the board, so I have the nuts both ways. Once again, the SB checks. I desperately want a call, so with a pot of 2425, I bet 1100 (SB had around 2500 remaining, and I didn't want to bet more than half his stack-- he is far more likely to fold once that magic 50% amount is breached). He calls and mucks. He says (and I believe) that he flopped 3 pair and turned the 5-high flush draw. This particular hand wasn't his fishiest play -- earlier he raised pre-flop with AAxx and called to the river with nothing but a pair of aces when it was obvious he was up against a straight + made low. Nevertheless... I welcomed the free chips.By the time first break rolls around, we are down to one table (actually... it was the first hand after the break that brought us down to 10... but let's not split hairs). I roll into the final table as the chip leader at 9,000 chips (there were 50,000 chips in play), but there were some people nipping closely on my heels (ther were a couple of very short stacks... so it really felt like we were already six-handed).Final table play was very tight. Most pots were limped pre-flop and usually 3 people saw a flop. The first bet invariably won the pot. In what felt like no time, we were down to four players. Play was still tight: now, one person would raise pot pre-flop and everyone would fold... or it was folded to the SB, who completed the bet and we actually saw a flop. Once again, in this situation, the first bet won the pot (a couple of times, it was checked down).I believe the problem was that the blinds were huge (800/1600) and the stacks were fairly even: two stacke hovered around 15,000 - 17,000 and the other two hovered around 8,000 to 10,000. Since only one spot payed, people were cautious.Since I was making a point of being slightly more aggressive than the table average --together with a number of nice starting hands-- I was able to slowly build my stack up to 22,500. Then it all came to a head at once. I was UTG with garbage and fold, but a pot-raise followed by two all-ins and suddenly the 3 remaining stacks are all-in! The big stack of the three manages to eke out the best high with no qualifying low and suddenly we are heads-up!Him: 2750Me: 2250Play remains tight while a couple of uncalled button pot-raises and button folds are interspersed keeping the stacks hovering close to even (his stack remains the bigger one...) Finally, I draw first blood.I am in the BB, and he raises pot from the button to 4800-to-go (blinde were 800/1600). I look down at A :) J :) J 6 and decide it is time to defend. I call (with the intention of betting any but the most coordinated flop)Flop: J 9 4 rainbow. I decide to check with the intention of moving in on his continuation bet. He checks (damn, that wasn't supposed to happen!).Turn: Q bringing a possible straight, but completing the rainbow of suits. Now I decide to stop playing cute and just take it down -- I bet 9000 into the 9600 pot and he folds. I have to admire his play... escaping with only his opening raise as a loss.This pot, nevertheless puts me into the chip lead for the first time during heads-up play (although the stacks are still very close).The next key hand comes soon afterwards. I am on the button with a slight chip lead and look down at A A :) T :club: 4. Keeping with the standard button play, I pot it to 4800-to-go and he calls.Flop: K :P 8 :P 6He bets pot (9600) and I decide that I am ahead often enough to go with my overpair, nut flush draw, that I push all-in. He calls and shows nothing but a pair of kings and a better low draw than mine (he had committed far too much of his stack at this point to expect him to fold here). The turn is a brick and the river brings a beautiful 9 :club: and suddenly I am 2 for 2 in the single event satellites!Since he was also a good player who just got unlucky in the heads-uip play and since when 4-handed, we discussed (but did not agree to) the possibility of giving the runner up their money back, I decide to show him some respect and gave him $60, covering his buy-in. (Flame me if you want, but I have been on the bubble all-to-often, and since I had won exactly $60 in the cash games, it didn't even feel like I was paying it out of my own pocket).Epilogue:I have now qualified for both the PLHE and the PLO H/L events. I have not yet decided whether I will try for the main event satellite yet-- I feel I have a larger edge in the pot limit events that it might not be worth trying for the main event satellite. Perhaps I will simply buy-in directly for the main event if I make one of the final tables for the pot limit events.Cheers,Merby