i watched that WSOP circuit event with him, and really wanted to see him go down at the WSOP. so far no mention.he said he was donating 40% of his circuit event winnings to...something...buidling a church in vietnam or something. he was just a prick and made some very poor calls. but then again, who am i to say, hes the one who won 500k.

i watched that WSOP circuit event with him, and really wanted to see him go down at the WSOP. so far no mention.he said he was donating 40% of his circuit event winnings to...something...buidling a church in vietnam or something. he was just a prick and made some very poor calls. but then again, who am i to say, hes the one who won 500k.
Are you talking about the hand where he knocked out Ricky Zilem by calling all-in on the flop with his flush draw? That was not a bad call, it was the correct call for a tournament. In a cash game, that's a horrible call.Also, if you're talking about the hand where he sucked out with Jx against Hachem's KK, note that it was he who pushed in and in that situation, I think Hachem could only have called with AA, KK or QQ. Huge difference between pushing all-in preflop with Jx and calling all-in.
Also, if you're talking about the hand where he sucked out with Jx against Hachem's KK, note that it was he who pushed in and in that situation, I think Hachem could only have called with AA, KK or QQ. Huge difference between pushing all-in preflop with Jx and calling all-in.
Yes, BUT! It was obvious that Hachem HAD AA, KK or QQ. Kido Pham is an aggrodonk that pushes at any cost without analyzing the situation. I believe the hand started out with a raise, a reraise, and then Hachem coming over the top for a 3rd raise, then aggordonk Pham just shoves like the aggrodonk he is, and gets lucky to outflop Hachem's KK with a measly J10 or something.
Are you talking about the hand where he knocked out Ricky Zilem by calling all-in on the flop with his flush draw? That was not a bad call, it was the correct call for a tournament. In a cash game, that's a horrible call.
lol how is that call 'correct' for a tournament, he was putting in a lot of chips on what, a 6 high draw? that's ridiculous, you have to gamble to win a tournament, but THAT was not a good call..
Also, if you're talking about the hand where he sucked out with Jx against Hachem's KK, note that it was he who pushed in and in that situation, I think Hachem could only have called with AA, KK or QQ. Huge difference between pushing all-in preflop with Jx and calling all-in.
a 3rd preflop raise is almost always AA, KK or QQ, or at least should be greatly considered. putting in a 4th raise with J10 is crazy.
lol how is that call 'correct' for a tournament, he was putting in a lot of chips on what, a 6 high draw? that's ridiculous, you have to gamble to win a tournament, but THAT was not a good call..a 3rd preflop raise is almost always AA, KK or QQ, or at least should be greatly considered. putting in a 4th raise with J10 is crazy.
Dude, we always agree. I think we're the same person, look up 2 posts and see my reply. LOL, We know our $hit
lol how is that call 'correct' for a tournament, he was putting in a lot of chips on what, a 6 high draw? that's ridiculous, you have to gamble to win a tournament, but THAT was not a good call..
The payoff structure in a tournament is top-heavy and you need a lot of chips to place high. The times that he gets lucky more than compensates for those times that he misses. Also, ppl keep harping about the fact that he called with a 6-high flush draw but I think the flush draw being 6-high was irrelevant. From the way the hand played out, Kido was pretty certain that Zilem had a big pair and that his flush draw was live. Kido played correct tournament strategy there - willingly taking gambles where he knows that he has the worst of it in order to accumulate the chips.
It was obvious that Hachem HAD AA, KK or QQ.
It's painfully easy to put people on a hand when you know the hole cards. Maybe he thought he had a read. Maybe he is, in fact, an aggrodonk.I'm just saying that you really don't know as much as you think you do. I'm assuming you haven't played with either of them. Correct?
I like Kido Phamthe guy plays to WIN. The call against Zilem was a 'win or go home' call. Thats what it takes to win big events...period.Plus watching Ricky whine about the beat was priceless. I love that call
Yep, it was a pure tournament call. Kido correctly said something along the lines of "To win tournaments, you have to draw out". Anyone knows how he does in side-games?
It's painfully easy to put people on a hand when you know the hole cards. Maybe he thought he had a read. Maybe he is, in fact, an aggrodonk.I'm just saying that you really don't know as much as you think you do. I'm assuming you haven't played with either of them. Correct?
When I see a raise, a reraise, and RERAISE, (that would be 3 raises) I am not putting a freaking DIME in the pot with J10. And on top of that, even if he DID have a read of Hachem (which obviously he didn't and obviously he is just an aggrodonk to begin with) he didn't even consider if the other 2 players had a big hand. Taken from any pro poker player, when the 3rd raise gets put into any pot preflop, it is almost always AA or KK. In this spot, it was KK, aggrodonk, being the moron he is, pushed, saw KK, floped 3 Jacks, what a lucky suck out artists. I can't believe that you are even backig up his play. The SECOND I saw him push I was like, "3 raises in front of him and he is pushing with J high." And don't tell me you are one of those guys who says, "Well he made the righ play because he won the chips!" Kido's push was terrible, his "read" was terrible, but because he won you think he is great.
When I see a raise, a reraise, and RERAISE, (that would be 3 raises) I am not putting a freaking DIME in the pot with J10. And on top of that, even if he DID have a read of Hachem (which obviously he didn't and obviously he is just an aggrodonk to begin with) he didn't even consider if the other 2 players had a big hand. Take from any pro poker player, when the 3rd raise gets put into any pot preflop, it is almost always AA or KK. In this spot, it was KK, aggrodonk, being the moron he is, pushed, saw KK, floped 3 Jacks, what a lucky suck out artists. I can't believe that you are even backig up his play. The SECOND I saw him push I was like, "3 raises in front of him and he is pushing with J high." And don't tell me you are one of those guys who says, "Well he made the righ play because he won the chips!" Kido's push was terrible, his "read" was terrible, but because he won you think he is great.
I think the discussion of how he played that hand is useless without the chip counts. If blinds were 1K/2K and both players had 100K behind, Kido pushing after Hachem had put in the 3rd raise to 30K is not such a terrible play - figuring that Hachem could only call if he had AA or KK (which he did but at that point in time, no one knew that).However, if blinds were 1K/2K and both players only had 40K behind, and Hachem had put in the 3rd raise to 30K and Kido pushed, then it is absolutely atrocious.Also, bear in mind that everyone knows that Kido is super aggro. Hence, for a lot of pros, the range of hands with which they would put in a 3rd raise against Kido is not limited to just AA and KK. Kido knows this and perhaps, this explains why he didn't give Hachem credit for a big hand.
I think the discussion of how he played that hand is useless without the chip counts. If blinds were 1K/2K and both players had 100K behind, Kido pushing after Hachem had put in the 3rd raise to 30K is not such a terrible play - figuring that Hachem could only call if he had AA or KK (which he did but at that point in time, no one knew that).However, if blinds were 1K/2K and both players only had 40K behind, and Hachem had put in the 3rd raise to 30K and Kido pushed, then it is absolutely atrocious.Also, bear in mind that everyone knows that Kido is super aggro. Hence, for a lot of pros, the range of hands with which they would put in a 3rd raise against Kido is not limited to just AA and KK. Kido knows this and perhaps, this explains why he didn't give Hachem credit for a big hand.
Tourney, preflop, 3rd raise, 99% of the time =AA or KK Kido Pham=aggrodonk :club:
You want a chip count? Try this one: Hachem had Kido Pham covered. He was allin for his tourney with JT against a guy that put in the third raise.
Yep, it was a pure tournament call. Kido correctly said something along the lines of "To win tournaments, you have to draw out". Anyone knows how he does in side-games?
it's true, to win tournaments, sometimes you have to draw out, like when you push with a draw and run up against a hand, you have to hit. Not when you call off chips when you are at most a 2-1 dog, that's trying to luckbox your way into a win, that's fine, but don't try to tell me it was a good call.
it's true, to win tournaments, sometimes you have to draw out, like when you push with a draw and run up against a hand, you have to hit. Not when you call off chips when you are at most a 2-1 dog, that's trying to luckbox your way into a win, that's fine, but don't try to tell me it was a good call.
FWIW, if the ESPN numbers were right, Kido was getting around 3-1ish on the call.
I like Kido Phamthe guy plays to WIN. The call against Zilem was a 'win or go home' call. Thats what it takes to win big events...period.Plus watching Ricky whine about the beat was priceless. I love that call
I don't. So much can happen, why call off your life when you know you're behind getting poor odds? Hachem won the ME being the tightest final table player ever.I'm all for shoving with all sorts of garbage, but I don't see the need to risk your life when it isn't necessary by calling.Mark