Wow, this board really has an EXTREME love/hate relationship with Annie Duke. I've seen her on TV a bunch of times and I read her book; she seems nice. Though, I didn't get to witness the Windchime event. She may not be as good as Harmon, but she's had a long history of sucess at tournaments. Just look at her record at Hendon Mob or Card Player. I know it's a knock on her that she's only won one bracelet, but she's come really close a number of times.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at a final table with anny duke and it smelled of fish and nerds so i asked the floor man to have her removed. Eventually he got a hazmat team in to take care of the problem. So im gunna guess shes still pretty sore about that.to who ever saidI'd hit it.dood i wouldnt **** with your ****.

I was in complete shock when I saw the floor person force the player to take his vest off. Complete shock. I could literally hum and sing like a moron all day long at the table and nothing can be done about it. I could giggle like an annoying hyena for hours and that is my right. This guy had every right to wear a vest with wind chimes on it. It didn't surprise me that Annie asked the floor, not the guy, to take the vest off. I just can't believe the floor man just did what she said. What's next, "That guy's shirt is a really bright yellow, could you please have him buy a jacket at the gift shop to cover it up or tell him he is disqualified."

I was in complete shock when I saw the floor person force the player to take his vest off. Complete shock. I could literally hum and sing like a moron all day long at the table and nothing can be done about it. I could giggle like an annoying hyena for hours and that is my right. This guy had every right to wear a vest with wind chimes on it. It didn't surprise me that Annie asked the floor, not the guy, to take the vest off. I just can't believe the floor man just did what she said. What's next, "That guy's shirt is a really bright yellow, could you please have him buy a jacket at the gift shop to cover it up or tell him he is disqualified."
To be fair, bright yellow is one of the more annoying shirt colors around. It's not soothing and manly like pink.

I can't stand Annie Duke. biggest phony in poker. the first several years she was annoying as all hell. now all we get is that fake as.s smile.the tattoo is total trash. why so big?whoever said that she thinks she is running the show is spot on.makes me ill thinking that she may be pulling down 6 figures frrom UBet.hasn't that as.s clown hellmuth made millions from that company.almost always the bad people in poker that get rewarded

look, clearly there's a line when something becomes too distracting to be allowed. would i be able to bring bullhorns and blast music at max volume while scratching my nails on a mini-chalkboard? so yes, there's a line, and it was the directors call that windchimes crossed the line. personally, i can't stand windchimes in the slightest.

What I don't get is why everyone jumps solely on Annie Duke for this one. Now, I hate on Annie Duke as much as the rest of you, but if you're going to chew out Annie Duke for this, you need to chew Mark Vos out just as much, since he was right beside her giving an earful to the TD when he made the ruling.I disagree with the ruling as much as the next guy, but the blame does not fall 100% on Duke this time.

What I don't get is why everyone jumps solely on Annie Duke for this one. Now, I hate on Annie Duke as much as the rest of you, but if you're going to chew out Annie Duke for this, you need to chew Mark Vos out just as much, since he was right beside her giving an earful to the TD when he made the ruling.I disagree with the ruling as much as the next guy, but the blame does not fall 100% on Duke this time.
there's less than a dozen others who are as annoying as her. in fact she may be the most annoying, and the bossiest. frankly, she comes across as a b**** just ask jim mcmanus, he'll tell ya.ask those montana good ole boys they'll tell ya also.ask just about anyone who has played with her.so it only makes sense to pile on especially since we know darn well she reads this forum at least once a week.hi annie!!!!
HangukMiguk if you watch the footage again , Mark Vos didn't say a word about it....he might have politely agreed with Annie Puke about it (off camera), but she was clearly the instigator. Whatever he said (which is not recorded on camera) there is no doubt that Annie was the one behind the request. classless gesture, and reinforced my already low opinion of her
HangukMiguk if you watch the footage again , Mark Vos didn't say a word about it....he might have politely agreed with Annie Puke about it (off camera), but she was clearly the instigator. Whatever he said (which is not recorded on camera) there is no doubt that Annie was the one behind the request. classless gesture, and reinforced my already low opinion of her
i will watch through this again, i might be completely wrong.but my opinion of duke can't go too much lower.
HOW CAN WE REACH annie duke?i would like to antagonize her.why u ask?cause i'm just that kinda guy
this makes no sense.
HOW CAN WE REACH annie duke?i would like to antagonize her.why u ask?cause i'm just that kinda guy
the only forum she posts on is P5's...and even then..sparinglyshe was recently interviewed on the 'podcast' and said that P5's is the only forum she frequents anymore because she was tired of all the negativity on all the other forums.Gee Annie ya think thats because everyone is tired of your phony act ? The only reason that she still participates on P5's is because the admins there are spineless asskissers and delete any post that is even remotely imflammatory.
Jefe, do you know how many a plethora is?
Main Entry: pleth·o·ra Pronunciation: 'ple-th&-r&Function: nounEtymology: Medieval Latin, from Greek plEthOra, literally, fullness, from plEthein to be full -- more at FULL1 : a bodily condition characterized by an excess of blood and marked by turgescence and a florid complexion
Main Entry: pleth·o·ra Pronunciation: 'ple-th&-r&Function: nounEtymology: Medieval Latin, from Greek plEthOra, literally, fullness, from plEthein to be full -- more at FULL1 : a bodily condition characterized by an excess of blood and marked by turgescence and a florid complexion
You are my absolute least favorite poster.Jefe: We have many beautiful pinatas for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises! El Guapo: How many pinatas? Jefe: Many pinatas, many! El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas? Jefe: A what? El Guapo: A *plethora*. Jefe: Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora. El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora? Jefe: Why, El Guapo? El Guapo: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora. Jefe: El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

I was at her table for most of Day 2, and she had a floorperson's ear literally every 15 minutes. And when we colored up the green chips (which she took care of all by herself, btw, because dog forbid we let the dealers do their job) she accused me of trying to cheat her. Other than that though, pretty nice. lol.

I was at her table for most of Day 2, and she had a floorperson's ear literally every 15 minutes. And when we colored up the green chips (which she took care of all by herself, btw, because dog forbid we let the dealers do their job) she accused me of trying to cheat her. Other than that though, pretty nice. lol.
then the joke was on her; if she'd let them do it, she would have been up a couple hundred thousand afterwards.