any way i could have gotten more of my money?stacks not too important6-handedhero(sb) w A-jo $20bb(vill) 25mp(vill) 25i call the small blind, dont want get too involved in the handflop is J-J-A rainbow,i check,bb checkMP $1 bet, hero calls, bb callsturn - 4hero checksbb checksmp bets $1.25, hero calls, bb calls, ( i normally would have reraised to about 3-4 but DEFInately wanted the bb to stay in the hand, so i just smooth call)river, 5hero checksbb checksMP raises $1, hero raises to $8.....(should i have raised more or gone all-in)?after i raise the 8, bb thinks for a few seconds( i hope he caught his set on the turn or river) he folds, MP thinks and calls, prolly a-q, a-10Tear apart please, think i played it well though

Lead out on the flop. This will allow you to win all of somebodys chips if they have the right hand and the wrong mindset. Ace rag often calls off a flop bet, ace 9+ maybe calling off a turn and/or river bet too. Jx, youre getting all his chips no questions asked. Unless your opponent is LAG, which based on his bet sizes, he clearly isn't, why bother trying to get somebody to bluff off a couple chips with nothing, and then have an ace usually fold when you finally announce the strength of your hand, and have a jack get away with cold calling

any way i could have gotten more of my money?stacks not too important6-handedhero(sb) w A-jo $20bb(vill) 25mp(vill) 25i call the small blind, dont want get too involved in the handflop is J-J-A rainbow,i check,bb checkMP $1 bet, hero calls, bb callsturn - 4hero checksbb checksmp bets $1.25, hero calls, bb calls, ( i normally would have reraised to about 3-4 but DEFInately wanted the bb to stay in the hand, so i just smooth call)river, 5hero checksbb checksMP raises $1, hero raises to $8.....(should i have raised more or gone all-in)?after i raise the 8, bb thinks for a few seconds( i hope he caught his set on the turn or river) he folds, MP thinks and calls, prolly a-q, a-10Tear apart please, think i played it well though
Keep in mind that I loathe slowplaying. I think it's just a good way to kill your pots. I think this hand is an absolute perfect example of doing that.You need to start building a pot at some point. Think about it this way...you wanted the BB to stay in the hand on the turn rather than raise to about 3-4 dollars, so you sacrificed 1.75-2.75 dollars in order to get the BB's 1.25. What range do we put the BB on? It looks like a straight draw to me, but it's your read. In any case, whatever he called the flop and turn with, he might call for 3 or 4 dollars on the turn instead, so you lost that money. If he's drawing, you charge him to draw since he needs to hit his draw to pay you off on the river. If he has an ace, he's calling anyway.If MP has AQ or A10, it's criminal that you didn't get his stack here. Was there a raise preflop? When he bets so low on the turn, it looks like he's trying to get to the showdown for cheap. Pump it up.Okay, here's how I would've played it.I bet out that flop. I bet out a lot of flops and I want an ace to raise me or a straight draw to come along. Ideally, you get a call from the BB and then MP raises. That's where I might slowplay to get the BB to come along. If you bet out 1 and MP makes it just a min raise to 2, you're working with a pot of 7 on the turn instead of 4. Now, no matter how we played the flop, if the BB is still in the hand, we have to bet out the turn. Even if you check-called the flop, we have to lead the turn. We absolutely want to get the first bet in because we want the BB calling just a bet rather than a check-raise, which is what it would be by the time it gets back to him. If the pot is 4 dollars, I want to bet 2-3 into it. Hopefully the BB calls on his draw or whatever he has. If MP raises, I'm willing to cut the BB loose by getting in another raise. MP has declared twice that he likes his hand, so now he's going to pay for it. If BB gets crazy and calls, all the more fun. Of course, this is even easier if you bet out the flop and get raised. If we have a 7 dollar pot, I bet 4 into it and hope it plays out the same way as above. I might even bet only 2 or 3 if I think the BB is weak and want to get the extra bet out of him.On the river, now, we've taken the lead already and we've built a bigger pot, so now we can put some chips in the middle without overbetting. On top of that, we don't have to worry about checking and having MP check behind us which would be a disaster.Play this hand a little faster and you have a bigger pot on every street and you've probably stacked MP.

Something I read in NLHE Theory and Practice pertains to here. Sklansky says your bets need a purpose. When you bluff, you aren't trying to make a flopped set fold. When you flop a monster, you don't want to snap off a couple bluffs, you want to stack someone. You have to play the hand as though you're up against an A, or a J, and bet accordingly.

Open push the flop.
not much is calling that except AA or the case jack so I definitely don't think that is a +EV decision.I like a turn raise here not a huge turn raise but lets build the pot here a little