Villain in the hand is a complete unknown. I've never played with him before, and this is only his 2nd hand at the table.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)SB ($49.50)BB ($41.80)UTG ($60)MP ($56.75)CO ($28.30)Hero ($84.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with A :club: , Q :D . 3 folds, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.75, 1 fold.Flop: ($4.50) A :) , 4 :D , 3 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB raises to $8, Hero calls $5.Turn: ($20.50) 6 :)(2 players)SB bets $12, Hero calls $12.River: ($44.50) 4 :)(2 players)SB bets $27.5 (All-In), Hero calls $27.50.Final Pot: $99.50I hate the way I played this hand. Looking back, with the villain being a complete unknown here, I think my best play is to repop the flop the 20 or so and fold to a push. Thoughts?

Villain in the hand is a complete unknown. I've never played with him before, and this is only his 2nd hand at the table.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)SB ($49.50)BB ($41.80)UTG ($60)MP ($56.75)CO ($28.30)Hero ($84.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with A :club: , Q :D . 3 folds, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.75, 1 fold.Flop: ($4.50) A :) , 4 :D , 3 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB raises to $8, Hero calls $5.Turn: ($20.50) 6 :)(2 players)SB bets $12, Hero calls $12.River: ($44.50) 4 :)(2 players)SB bets $27.5 (All-In), Hero calls $27.50.Final Pot: $99.50I hate the way I played this hand. Looking back, with the villain being a complete unknown here, I think my best play is to repop the flop the 20 or so and fold to a push. Thoughts?
Against an unknown and with no redraw I fold to the check raise.
You don't think this is kinda weak/tight? I open raised the button, so he could be doing this with any ace, or even a mid PP to see if i have it.
I do think it's weak tight.We have position, definitely call the c/r and see what happens on the turn.We are only behind AK, A4, A3, 44, 33, and now A6, 66 on the turn.You have to make a decision at that point though on whether you believe him or not.If you don't believe him, letting him bluff the river, by just calling the turn is fine, IMO.- Zach
I do think it's weak tight.We have position, definitely call the c/r and see what happens on the turn.We are only behind AK, A4, A3, 44, 33, and now A6, 66 on the turn.You have to make a decision at that point though on whether you believe him or not.If you don't believe him, letting him bluff the river, by just calling the turn is fine, IMO.- Zach
I think it's too weak tight to fold this flop in a 6 handed game. You may not be catching a bluff, you're very likely to be catching a value bet from a worse hand. I am not sure about 3-betting to fold. The pot comes back around at 2.5:1 and you're probably soldi enough at the average 50nl's range to make a call at that point too.
what's wrong with calling his flop c/r then raising him on the turn. If he pushes, then you can fold...
It's pretty expensive to do that just to fold, and all we do is fold worse hands, IMO.Honestly, IMO, if we think we are ahead, it's best to just call the turn, and call the river and let him bluff/value bet a weaker hand.