barry greensteins music choices

on his website, pairs music to each player analysis, or almost all. he is still working on it. some of the music choices are obvious, includingDan Harrington-Like a rockDoyle brunson-court of crimson kingPhil H.-Its my party (cry if i want to)mimi tran-magic by Olivia newton johnphil ivey-pinball wizardstu ungar- purple haze, etc., etc.some of the pairings are a little bit more confusing, and i would just like some insight or ideas on what he is thinking. some confusing pairings are . . .Todd Brunson-devil went down to Georgia!?!?!?!?Danny N.-michael jackson's 'beat it'!?!?!?!?!A. Duke-don't tell meGus hansen-lets get it startedchip reese-desert rosejohn henningan-how you remind meany thoughts?

Phil H.-Its my party (cry if i want to)
I know we have had entire threads before on this one topic, but that is just about the funniest thing ever, next to bill fillmaff lession
on his website, pairs music to each player analysis, or almost all. he is still working on it. some of the music choices are obvious, includingDan Harrington-Like a rockDoyle brunson-court of crimson kingPhil H.-Its my party (cry if i want to)mimi tran-magic by Olivia newton johnphil ivey-pinball wizardstu ungar- purple haze, etc., etc.some of the pairings are a little bit more confusing, and i would just like some insight or ideas on what he is thinking. some confusing pairings are . . .Todd Brunson-devil went down to Georgia!?!?!?!?Danny N.-michael jackson's 'beat it'!?!?!?!?!A. Duke-don't tell meGus hansen-lets get it startedchip reese-desert rosejohn henningan-how you remind meany thoughts?
I think I would be offspring - self-esteem

The first time I went to his site I didnt know about the music and I clicked on phil hellmuths page... just after I took a drink of water... I laughed so hard out came the water. Perfect choice for the "poker brat"

The choices are Barry's selections by what he feels fits the players based on the music he has listened to and his feelings about the players.Each of us has and will have different choices based on what we listen to and how we perceive the various pros.In "our" opinions could Barry have made other choices... YES... but there are not two of us who would agree on each others choices. :)As for my choices...For Evelyn Ng, Clonie Gowen, & Annie Duke: Love Potion #9... just cause I'd like to share a bottle with them :D Nothing to do with their poker skills or poker presence at the table. ;)My picks for:Me : Ain't Nobody Here But Us ChickensMike "The Mouth" Matusow : Bad Moon Rising > Wipeout > CryingEric "E-DOG" Lindgren : Alley CatDaniel Negreanu : I'd Like To Teach The World To SingT.J. Cloutier : I Get AroundGus Hansen : The Race Is OnPhil Hellnuth Jr. : You've Lost That Lovin' FeelingJohn Juanda : Wild ThingSammy Farha : Smoke Gets In Your EyesPhil Laak : The EntertainerLayne Flack : Tennessee StudJennifer Harman : Devil WomanDoyle Brunson : Just A Good Ole BoyThere's more but my computer's running outta ink...

As someone said, you can see Barry's comments here.It's not in the notes, but Howard Lederer chose the song for Phil. I think that's hilarious.I don't know what the song "Beat it" implies... but I do like the song. Maybe Daniel is seen as a spunky fighter and a child of the '80s. But, then again I can't rule out that it has to do with masturbation at the table. :D

You know what would be the perfect song for Daniel's profile?  Bob Marley's "Jammin'."We're jammin',I wanna jam it with you,We're jammin', jammin',And I hope you like jammin' too.
Yeah, I think this would be a better choice. Fitting his personality (??) and that Daniel does like to mix it up and play the game post-flop. But, what do I know. The religious references can't hurt either. Maybe Daniel has some input. "Ain't no rules, ain't no vow, we can do it anyhow:I'n'I will see you through,'Cos everyday we pay the price with a little sacrifice,Jammin' till the jam is through"Bob Marley, Jammin'