***official Chicago Bears Thread***

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now my cynicism has washed away and I've left myself vulnerable because I'm officially excited about the bears again. God damnit o thought I was off that narcotic

Wow! Overtime thriller, baby! Osweiller for President!!!

Sorry, wrong thread.   Mods, please move.

Can't wait for this thread to come crashing back down to earth when the Bears get throttled by the Packers next Monday.
LOL the bears are a complete fraud. Even if they luck and weasel into the playoffs, they will be one and done. But it's nice to see the bears start off lucky this year instead of like last year.

Holy christ, what the fuck is going on tonight!?!?!?!I need an average game from Cutler in fantasy, and he has done less than nothing at halftime.zsyrrrrae5i56is,l

Holy christ, what the fuck is going on tonight!?!?!?!I need an average game from Cutler in fantasy, and he has done less than nothing at halftime.zsyrrrrae5i56is,l
the blocking has been abysmal. He has a concussion and is donk down. Sorry brah.

In fairness BigD, I thought Cutler probably had PTSD from that 1st quarter. Guy was running for his life. Martz might want to think about leaving an extra blocker in once in a while.

In fairness BigD, I thought Cutler probably had PTSD from that 1st quarter. Guy was running for his life. Martz might want to think about leaving an extra blocker in once in a while.
Speculation on the radio around here really is that he got the concussion much earlier, possibly end of the 1st. Then played the 2nd quarter in a total daze.I hope that's actually the case. Cause that was ugly.
He did, didn't you watch? Olson was useless for blocking and for someone reputed to be a "blocking" tight end, Manumaleuna was not much better. Tuck and Umenyiora were just blowing past them. They would have been better off if they spread it out and threw quick passes. Culter was holding onto the ball way too long and the line was just useless.

and I posted that picture because it was funny. The bears would have had to make it into the red zone before cutler could throw a pick in it last night. I've never seen such a defensive beat down in my life.

There were some reports that at one point Cutler started to walk to the wrong sideline.So yeah, I think he wasn't all there for a portion of that half.Pretty sure the plan WAS to spread it out and play fast, but if Cutler is too concussed to even see the receivers, it probably doesn't work well. As we saw.

There were some reports that at one point Cutler started to walk to the wrong sideline.So yeah, I think he wasn't all there for a portion of that half.Pretty sure the plan WAS to spread it out and play fast, but if Cutler is too concussed to even see the receivers, it probably doesn't work well. As we saw.
That really would explain a lot. He got freaking murdered out there, i felt so bad for him. One of the criticisms against vick is that he's a running quarterback and likely to get hurt more often (another round of this came up today with him getting hurt on sunday), but I don't see how being a pocket qb protects you from getting hurt. At least when you're running you brace yourself for hits, you don't just get blind sided and concussed over and over.
Aren't there supposed to be new, stricter rules in place preventing players with concussion symptons from playing?
I don't think there are actual rules in place, just more of a focus on protecting it when you see it. Though that player in week 1, I forget who, Jets player I think... he couldn't even walk off the field and came back in the next series. Also, pretty sure they didn't know he had a concussion. Todd Collins said he didn't even know he was going in the game until he was coming out of the tunnel in the 2nd half. Someone who was down on the field is on the radio right now, and he said he had no idea besides Cutler looking a bit dazed, but they never saw a specific hit to the head from down on the field. But at some point during halftime they figured it out and kept him out.
He did, didn't you watch? Olson was useless for blocking and for someone reputed to be a "blocking" tight end, Manumaleuna was not much better. Tuck and Umenyiora were just blowing past them. They would have been better off if they spread it out and threw quick passes. Culter was holding onto the ball way too long and the line was just useless.
Yeah, I mean like a back who can pick up a blitzer. I watched Olsen at Miami for 3 years.....great receiver, can't block at all.Cutler was definitely shook or concussed early in that game.
  • 1 month later...

Bears remaining schedule:vs Vikings@ Dolphinsvs Eagles@ Lionsvs Patriots@ Vikingsvs Jets@ PackersBears will be LUCKY if they can go 3-5 with that brutal schedule.0-8, 1-7 or 2-6 far more likely than 3-5 imo...

Bears remaining schedule:vs Vikings@ Dolphinsvs Eagles@ Lionsvs Patriots@ Vikingsvs Jets@ PackersBears will be LUCKY if they can go 3-5 with that brutal schedule.0-8, 1-7 or 2-6 far more likely than 3-5 imo...
SHhhhhhhhiiiit. Two games against the vikings, that's 2 wins right there.
sick read