***official Chicago Bears Thread***

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now my cynicism has washed away and I've left myself vulnerable because I'm officially excited about the bears again. God damnit o thought I was off that narcotic

Wow! Overtime thriller, baby! Osweiller for President!!!

Sorry, wrong thread.   Mods, please move.

• 1 month later...

wow, loved reading these '06 posts, i visualized where i was for each of the games mentioned.My favorite was the AZ MNF game, I went to bed with 4 minutes left in the game. I had bet my buddy SU at halftime on the game. Text message got me up in time to see urlacher being interviewed and me giggling like a schoolgirl.BEARS.

The first pick was partly Desmond Clarke's fault, the second was kind of fluky, but that was just terrible.
So much was the receivers fault, but people are going to blame Cutler all week long now. Yes, 4 picks is a lot and you can't say he didn't have a bad game, but it was nowhere near as bad as everyone seems to think it was.Olsen caught 1 out of 7 thrown to him, Clark I think was 1 out of 3 or 4. Hester was the only guy who caught everything, 4 for 4.Not to mention the godawful route running they were doing.Botched fake punt by Mannely. This was far from Cutlers loss.
Urlacher done for the year.AWESOME start to the season.
wow. 4 picks for Jay "bad karma" Cutler and they lose Urlacher. And I thought Miami had a bad season opener. Espn is reporting that the Bears are in serious talks to sign Derrick Brooks to "replace" Urlacher. That's a good move. He is enough of a vet to have their system down in a week.

I think the first half was as poorly played as any offensive I've ever seen. I think Cutler got better as the game went on.. but there was one possession, I think his first interception, where he threw like 4 balls in a row that should have been picked, and finally he did. Were the recievers terrible? Yes. But cutler was as bad as could be. I will give him credit, he was able to shrug it off and come out much better in the second half.

There were some poor routes run, but flat footed throwing and tossing Favre style off your back foot is not going to get it done for more than 19 years.