Pretty Scary

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess u could tell neverwin this
All I'm saying is, that after reading numerous horror stories of online poker rooms screwing people over, peoples accounts getting hacked daily, etc. I'm not gonna risk it at this time.I have come to my own conclusion that playing online is to risky for me personally. But if others like it and are successful or not that's fine with me. People are free to do whatever they want. I'm just not ready to take the online risk. That's all. And at this point in time I'll still say/think "Online Poker is RIGGED!!!"
All I'm saying is, that after reading numerous horror stories of online poker rooms screwing people over, peoples accounts getting hacked daily, etc. I'm not gonna risk it at this time.I have come to my own conclusion that playing online is to risky for me personally. But if others like it and are successful or not that's fine with me. People are free to do whatever they want. I'm just not ready to take the online risk. That's all. And at this point in time I'll still say/think "Online Poker is RIGGED!!!"
How many times are u gonna post the same thing ?? We get it! U dont trust online sites... Others do (or have to) because they make a living that way!So plz stfu or stick to the subject.. fkin spammer
Here's another "scary story" posted by a different person in the 2+2 thread..."i had a similar run in with poker room last and i'm still trying to get almost 70k from themI cashed for approx 33k in one of their big weekend tourneys. Practicing great bankroll management I instantly jumped into 10/20 NL. After running insanely good (up to 70k) I decided to cash out because I knew I was in over my head and just running crazy good. Requested cashout to neteller, denied. They said it was too much and I had to request a check. Requested a check, came a month later, tried to deposit it and it bounced. Reissued another check which also bounced. Now we're about 3 months after I requested the cash out and all of a sudden I'm under suspicion for collusion (same thing with two names who I have never been at the same tables with because I have all my hand history saved from all the hands I played and their names aren't present in either). Months of emailing support it's gotten to the point where now they just ignore me instead of giving me canned replies. I've looked into legal actions but of the two people I tried neither wanted to take the case and I don't see why I should have to front legal fees to get the money I earned.Cliffnotes: Won big tourney on Pokerroom, run it up to a lot with bad bankroll management, checks bounced, account closed, no money"
or he went broke, but instead he is claiming they took all his money :club: I wish I was as logical as you...
If you have never played online, how can you say it is rigged? I have cashed out over 50k with no problem besides the extra security check which was no big deal. Some people who lose money come up with stories to scare people. I have never met anyone who has been screwed by online poker sites. I have only read stories online. You can say "Online Poker = Risky" bit not "Online Poker = RIGGED.
or he went broke, but instead he is claiming they took all his money :club: I wish I was as logical as you...
lets see, I posted on 2+2 earlier, and i saw this guy post this after me. I read it, and for someone who lost 70k, he doesnt seem too upset by it.I think this would be a "pretty big deal", if that really occured, if they had 2 cheques bounce and he wasnt seeking legal action for 70k he is a moronP.s. Looked into, is other words for I'm a moron and am not telling the truth
lets see, I posted on 2+2 earlier, and i saw this guy post this after me. I read it, and for someone who lost 70k, he doesnt seem too upset by it.I think this would be a "pretty big deal", if that really occured, if they had 2 cheques bounce and he wasnt seeking legal action for 70k he is a moronP.s. Looked into, is other words for I'm a moron and am not telling the truth
If true, it does seem moronic to cash out such a large amount at once.Considering he is at a new site.. Not that he shouldnt be allowed to

Hi Tom,I have just heard back from them and unfortunately do not have entirely good news. They seem convinced that you have been colluding and adamantly stand by their accusations. They say the problem with their inability to produce the hand history is genuine and not an excuse. Personally, i have no idea what to believe but had gut feeling their story was originally fishy. As you'll see, I am forced to trust them and don't really see an incentive for them to try and cheat you.This is the part from the 2+2 thread that was strange - how can Ongame not have the hand histories?Am I reading this right?

If true, it does seem moronic to cash out such a large amount at once.Considering he is at a new site.. Not that he shouldnt be allowed to
ya, i mean, is it just me or would you not be willing to spend 69k, if it will get you your 70.everyone knows the risks involved with online, but if this happend to me, i would have letters sent to every media related business out there
ya, i mean, is it just me or would you not be willing to spend 69k, if it will get you your 70.everyone knows the risks involved with online, but if this happend to me, i would have letters sent to every media related business out there
Yes.. If i had 70k "stuck" somewhere I would make a BIG deal about it :PIt would have been posted on all forums even remotely related to poker a long time ago..Also.. Good to see that u are trying to get some answers out of irishcurve!

from 2+2 just posted"It is very well known that Irish and some of his friends will play on each other's accounts (they will admit it themselves). Then the next day you will be playing with 3 of them in a 5-handed game and we are supposed to believe that these people who trust each other enough to have full access to accounts with 70k in them are going to play legit.I have also heard rumblings before of Irish sitting with 2 accounts at the same table but that would have to fall under the "Gossip" category as I have no clue."This ^^^^ is why i have trouble believing this guy that easily

from 2+2 just posted"It is very well known that Irish and some of his friends will play on each other's accounts (they will admit it themselves). Then the next day you will be playing with 3 of them in a 5-handed game and we are supposed to believe that these people who trust each other enough to have full access to accounts with 70k in them are going to play legit.I have also heard rumblings before of Irish sitting with 2 accounts at the same table but that would have to fall under the "Gossip" category as I have no clue."This ^^^^ is why i have trouble believing this guy that easily
A lot of people in the know think that Irishcurve is, eh, unethical. I've often wondered--especially when all that Dreamclown stuff was going on, why the sites would knowingly let multiple people play the same account.

people cash out all your money and leave the on game network play on sites that aren't part of a crooked network with potential problems like ongame or prima. This kinda news actually makes me feel better that i got kicked off fcp and am now playing on pacific and absolute. Screw fcp screw your chat ban and screw your closed account

people cash out all your money and leave the on game network play on sites that aren't part of a crooked network with potential problems like ongame or prima. This kinda news actually makes me feel better that i got kicked off fcp and am now playing on pacific and absolute. Screw fcp screw your chat ban and screw your closed account
I vote u leave this forum too
Since he copied some e-mails from FCP support I'm going to make sure that some issues are clear as relates to FCP.He opened an FCP account after his accounts at other On Game sites had been blocked. FCP then blocked his account which had no money in it as On Game doesn't want him playing on the Network.The issues involve his play at the other On Game site and not FCP.I just want to assure everybody that we'll always treat our players fairly and make sure that the Network does as well in any sort of security situation.
BUT am i right saying the FCP just like other "skins" really has no say when it comes to a decision made from the "ongame" network ?unless they dig into their own pockets and pay back!

I have no problem with freezing the account until the investigation is settled, but I would hope they actually have to have some evidence to conviscate the money.....otherwise they can randomly take anyone's money. The TOS agreements are pretty vague....they could be coming to take my first born soon for all I know.It will be interesting to see if Irish does follow up posts. Maybe he has a real case, but the part he reported sounded kind of fishy. If he did cheat, they should have kept the deposits too. It's like a soap opera....can't wait to see how this unfolds.

this is the post wilheldp is talking about...Bob, maybe you should make an account on 2+2 representing the FCP site and make a similar post so these people don't get the wrong idea...it would be sad if FCP lost current or potentiol customers because a lying cheat is mad they took away his stolen money.

Hi 2+2 Community, We will off course not discuss specific cases of collusion or player security openly in a poker forum. Especially not since we are not really involved. But we will make the following statement.This player's account was closed on PokerRoom.com on May 4 of this year. No funds were confiscated. Based on our investigations we have no intention of requesting the Ongame Network to re-open the account. Hereby ends our involvement in this case. Please do not make the mistake of confusing PokerRoom.com with any other operator within the Ongame Network nor the network itself. We have our own experts, our own organization and also our own refund policies which covers PokerRoom.com players alone. We adhere to the rules set by the Network but we have incorporated, within our services, several routines in place to ensure that players who get caught up in matters of security are treated with extra care. As the player in question has been playing from an operator other than PokerRoom.com, these routines do not apply and any assistance we do our best to provide to our players does not come into play here.Sometimes we do conduct investigations into matters of security that turn out to have been carried out unjustly. These incidents are unfortunate, but unavoidable if we are to ensure the best level of protection against collusion, chip dumping and other illegal player actions that we can. We always strive to make sure these investigations are carried out as swiftly and painlessly as possible. But some cases are very,very complex. We assist the network in their work as well as conduct our own inquiries. By playing on PokerRoom.com you give us the right to suspend your account at ANY time should our systems detect anything that could be considered suspicious. We certainly understand that having ones account frozen for a period of time is far from enjoyable, but we do believe that in the interest of every player who plays on our site it is acceptable that we sometimes carry out what may considered routine investigations that, fortunately, come up blank. We are disheartened to hear that a former customer of ours feels unjustly treated by another operator but there is really little we can do to help since he has not experienced these problems while playing on PokerRoom.com. We will however, do what we can to make sure the operator and the Ongame Network re-examines the case and hopefully clears some of the confusion up. With that said, we would like to ask player rsigley to contact us and provide us with his or hers PokerRoom.com nickname. Should there be any merit to your claims (and you have experienced this on PokerRoom.com) the handling of your case is totally unacceptable. We have not heard of it before and will investigate as soon as we are provided the necessary info. Unfortunately some of our players experienced a wave of bouncing checks a while back as we changed our banking procedures. Terribly embarrassing for us and we would like to take the opportunity to apologize to anyone who experienced this.With that said, we now end our statement. C u at the tables.Sincerely, External Forum SupportPokerRoom.com

Announcements