******official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread******

You can't really put the Pats in the same breath because all of their success has been within the past decade.The Cowboys and 49ers haven't shown the same consistency as the Steelers have.Def agree with the Yankees as much as hate them, you have to respect what they've done as a franchise.The Celtics and Lakers are def up there.The Montreal Canadians should also be put into the conversation too.
no. no they shouldn't.
  • Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't really put the Pats in the same breath because all of their success has been within the past decade.The Cowboys and 49ers haven't shown the same consistency as the Steelers have.Def agree with the Yankees as much as hate them, you have to respect what they've done as a franchise.The Celtics and Lakers are def up there.The Montreal Canadians should also be put into the conversation too.
were the steelers good in the 80s? I know they destroyed the 70's and were successful in the 90s and today. the cowboys have been great for a long time and the 49ers had less than ten wins only twice from 1981-2002. they sucked before and after that period. :club:
were the steelers good in the 80s? I know they destroyed the 70's and were successful in the 90s and today. the cowboys have been great for a long time and the 49ers had less than ten wins only twice from 1981-2002. they sucked before and after that period. :club:
Cowboys regular season wins in the 80s: 79Steelers regular season wins in the 80s: 77

I think the most impressive thing about the franchise is that they've had 3 coaches since 1969.A few others I looked up to compare...Cardinals (15)Lions (14)Saints (14)Browns (14)...and they didn't even have a team from '96-98.49ers (11)Cowboys (7)

I think the most impressive thing about the franchise is that they've had 3 coaches since 1969.A few others I looked up to compare...Cardinals (15)Lions (14)Saints (14)Browns (14)...and they didn't even have a team from '96-98.49ers (11)Cowboys (7)
Imagine how crazy those other numbers are going to be when Tomlin is coaching the Steelers for 15...20+ years.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...otread20/garberAnd what of those who disrespect the towel? History is littered with casualties. In 2005, Cincinnati receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh wiped his feet with a Terrible Towel after scoring a touchdown. The Bengals won the game, but the Steelers extracted their revenge, beating Cincinnati in the playoffs during their road to Super Bowl XL. After Ravens receiver Derrick Mason jumped on the towel before a September 2008 matchup, Baltimore lost all three of its games against Pittsburgh. On Monday, Phoenix mayor Phil Gordon pretended to blow his nose in the Terrible Towel and then threw it to the ground. The Steelers' record in the 43-plus years before the towel is 230-299-20 (.435), with only four playoff victories and one Super Bowl. In the 33-plus years after the Terrible Towel was conceived it's 335-222-1 (.601), with 24 playoff victories and four Super Bowls.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008...otread20/garberAnd what of those who disrespect the towel? History is littered with casualties. In 2005, Cincinnati receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh wiped his feet with a Terrible Towel after scoring a touchdown. The Bengals won the game, but the Steelers extracted their revenge, beating Cincinnati in the playoffs during their road to Super Bowl XL. After Ravens receiver Derrick Mason jumped on the towel before a September 2008 matchup, Baltimore lost all three of its games against Pittsburgh. On Monday, Phoenix mayor Phil Gordon pretended to blow his nose in the Terrible Towel and then threw it to the ground. The Steelers' record in the 43-plus years before the towel is 230-299-20 (.435), with only four playoff victories and one Super Bowl. In the 33-plus years after the Terrible Towel was conceived it's 335-222-1 (.601), with 24 playoff victories and four Super Bowls.
towel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.giftowel.gif
Cowboys regular season wins in the 80s: 79Steelers regular season wins in the 80s: 77
Not bad considering they had a 1-15 season during Aikmen's rookie year in there. The 80's were not a great decade for the Cowboys.Fuck the Catch.
Not bad considering they had a 1-15 season during Aikmen's rookie year in there. The 80's were not a great decade for the Cowboys.Fuck the Catch.
It happens to be one of my favorite moments of all time. :club:catch.jpg
Paybacks a biatch !!!!
This is not the daily Phoenix paper, but a once a week free rag. This article starts out like it praises Steeler fans, but then it just needlessly trashes us.http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2009-01-29/...eat-them-alive/
I just don't get that article at all. I mean, I would *almost* expect something like that from either a Baltimore or Cleveland paper, but I don't think I've even seen garbage that bad coming from them. At least they have reason to dislike the Steelers....this guy seems to have a serious hate going for not only the team but the entire region. Obviously, he's never actually been to the area, and he really doesn't know the team he's writing about - especially when he calls Harrison one of the dirtiest players in the league. That was beyond garbage.

Twas the Night Before the Super Bowl ‘Twas the night before the Super Bowl, when along the gulf shore,Steelers fans were praying for “just one more;” The players were nestled all snug in the sack,With visions of the first NFL Six-Pack; Coach Tomlin was young, but wise for his years,So I drifted off to sleep without any fears; When at the stadium there arose some strange chatter,The Cardinals feared, what was the matter; We heard “Okel Dokel”, we heard “Double Yoi,”We jumped from our beds, our hearts jumped for joy; He stood at the fifty with a grin ear to ear,Steelers fans everywhere started to cheer; Then in an instant to our surprise,This little old man had tears in his eyes; He went to the booth and there took his chair,While Terrible Towels waved in the air; Then over the airwaves came his shrill voice,The Steelers Nation began to rejoice; He said, “I am back, but you know I can’t stay,I just had to see my Steelers play; From my home up above, I have a great view,But I wanted to celebrate here with you; So bring on the Birds, we’ll send them a flyin’,On the way back to Phoenix, they will be cryin’; Ben, Hines, Troy, Jeff and all of the rest,No matter the outcome, to me you’re the best;” The airwaves went silent, the stadium still,Was this just a dream, it seemed so real; In our team we have faith, in our team we have hope,But the game’s not the same without Myron Cope;

Madden NFL 09 Predicts Next ChampionPITTSBURGH STEELERShttp://www.fanhouse.com/news/superbowl/ea-...6325x1201161811According to the award-winning video game, the Pittsburgh Steelers will win an unprecedented sixth Super Bowl title in a tightly contested game against the Arizona Cardinals, by a final score of 28-24. Holding off a fourth-quarter comeback by the Cardinals, the Steelers bring the Vince Lombardi trophy back to the Steel City for the second time in the past four years and for a sixth time in franchise history, setting an NFL record.Madden NFL 09 is the most authentic and adaptable game in sports video game history, and utilizing each team’s current roster and the latest player statistics, EA SPORTS matched the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals in a simulation of Super Bowl XLIII. Ben Roethlisberger threw for three touchdowns and was named the Super Bowl MVP; joining teammate Hines Ward who was the Super Bowl XL MVP. Steelers coach, Mike Tomlin, became the youngest coach in NFL history to win a Super Bowl, at the age of 36. The start of Super Bowl XLIII became a defensive struggle, but Pittsburgh put the first points up with a 10-yard touchdown reception to Santonio Holmes, with less than two minutes left in the first quarter. The Cardinals returned the favor with their reinvigorated running game as Edgerrin James diced through the vaunted Steelers defense with 8-yard touchdown run, near the start of the second quarter. Pittsburgh, showing great balance, quickly swung the momentum in their favor with two consecutive touchdowns – a 10-yard scamper by "Fast" Willie Parker, and a 13-yard strike to Hines Ward. The Steelers headed into halftime with a 21-7 lead and the rout appeared to be on.Despite their high-powered air attack, Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt, kept to the successful running attack as the third quarter opened. The Cardinals made a statement as again they punctured the Steel Curtain with an Edgerrin James 14-yard touchdown run, drawing the score to 21-14. The Steelers, unfazed, looked like they had potentially put the Cards down for good with Santonio Holmes' second touchdown reception. At the close of the third quarter, the score was 28-14 in favor of Pittsburgh.Taking a page from the Steelers defense, the Cardinals held tough and would not surrender any additional points. This coupled with Pro-Bowl receiver, Larry Fitzgerald's 15-yard touchdown catch midway through the 4th, brought the Cards within seven points. Neil Rackers added a 45-yard field goal with 3:15 remaining in the game, closing the gap to 28-24. On the following possession, Pittsburgh was able to break through for a few first downs, leaving the Arizona comeback short. Super Bowl XLIII kicks off Sunday, February 1 at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla.I know, its just a video game....

It's funny how it seems every ESPN NFL annalist picked the Cardinals to win. They are a great team and a great story this year, I just don't see them doing it. The Steelers defense is just too much.

It's funny how it seems every ESPN NFL annalist picked the Cardinals to win. They are a great team and a great story this year, I just don't see them doing it. The Steelers defense is just too much.
I do see it being a close one...maybe a backdoor cover by Arizona but the Steelers should win.
Madden NFL 09 Predicts Next ChampionPITTSBURGH STEELERS Pittsburgh Steelers will win an unprecedented sixth Super Bowl title in a tightly contested game against the Arizona Cardinals, by a final score of 28-24. I know, its just a video game....
uuuhhhhhh........... :club:

I would love to go through this thread and quote all the posts that talk about how badly the Steelers were going to crush the Cardinals... but I don't care enough. HAHA Steelers fans, your team almost lost to the 9-7 NFC West division champ.