******official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread******

Ravens +6? That is a crazy line.These two teams played to a standstill the first two times they met. I would be shocked if this game was not super close at the end.Baltimore already did themselves and Pitt a favor by inducing the Titans to choke (thereby getting the best team out of the AFC playoffs).I could not be more excited to watch this game in Vegas. I assume that there will be a bunch of Steelers fans (since they seem to be everywhere).This may be the only game I watch (since I believe the winner will win the Super Bowl by double digits no matter which team emerges from the NFC).
Yeah I agree its a crazy line, but I am willing to take action on it. :club: Considering the last two games have been decided by a total of 7 points, a 6 point spread seems excessive. In terms of a neutral place to watch the game, I don't think there is a better place than Vegas, short of being at the Super Bowl itself.I would like to agree with you that the winner of the AFC Championship is going to run away with the Super Bowl, but I am not sure if that is the case. While the AFC Championship is getting the vast majority of the media coverage, injuries sustained in this game could play a large role in determining the Super Bowl. Furthermore, the Eagles defense has been playing at a nasty level in the last 6 games and the Cards have forced 9 turnovers in the last 2 games. If whichever team emerges from the NFC still has their defense playing on that level, the Super Bowl should be a good game. I would particularly fear the Cards and the combination of Fitz and Boldin if their defense continues to give the offense additional possessions.
  • Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the person who said Tennessee was the best team in the AFC, best record /= best team
that was me. They steamrolled Pittsburgh, they beat Indy the only time it mattered, they beat Baltimore once, and they dominated the 2nd game against the Ravens.Yes they lost. Yes, Baltimore won fair and square. But that does not change the fact that Tenn controlled that game, outgained the Ravens 2 to 1, had their best weapon injured, turned it over a ton (you usually dont lose all your fumbles), got penalized a lot, and still needed to be on the wrong side of a delay of game controversy to lose by 3.The best team does not always win especially in the NFL playoffs. By their body of work, I think it is pretty clear that the Titans were the best team in the AFC. But they choked. Same thing happened to Dallas last year against the Giants. Dallas was the best team in the NFC last year, controlled the game against New York and then found a way to lose. Happens.

As a Steelers fan I'm obv gonna be bias but, I do think Rolle(out) and Suggs(GTD) is really gonna hurt the Ravens. They are super tired and not healthy at all. They looked super tired in the Tenn game and to not fault of their own. Losing that Bye week hurt them for sure. Parker is finally healthy But then again it is the AFC championship game and the Steelers are AWFUL in those at home. In fact Ward is 0-2 in home AFC championship games. That being said I think the Steelers win and cover the -6. I think its a crazy number but I think they win 20-10.

the team with the most players from the U wins..fact.
haha, I am rooting for the Ravens but I think the Steelers will win. They are playing too good right now and it looks like Rolle and Suggs aren't going to play.

Steelers Prayer Our Father, Who art in Pittsburgh, Football be Thy Game. Thy Kingdom Come Five Super Bowls Won On Earth as it is in Heinz Field. Give us this day A playoff Victory And forgive us our penalties As we defeat those who play against us. But lead us into a victory And deliver us to Tampa!A-benGO STEELERS!!!!!!

Here's hoping for a great game today that can match the previous two meetings, as they were among the best to watch this season.

The steelers have lost waaaay too many AFC championships in my lifetime, especially at home. Hopefully they can handle the Ravens so I have a good reason to visit the Burgh the first weekend in February.

The steelers have lost waaaay too many AFC championships in my lifetime, especially at home. Hopefully they can handle the Ravens so I have a good reason to visit the Burgh the first weekend in February.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++111111111111111111111was very confident about this game all week...then this morning woke up and said same thing to myself....almost wish we were at Tenn today.That being said I took the Steelers at -6

I am scared. Legitimately scared. Everyone who is acting overly confident in the Steelers today is scared too, and you know it.And, yea, I'd MUCH rather be in Tenn today.

NFL obv wants to keep game close...fck these refs...only way ravens can compete with this team...godamn ravens are not good and could never win this game without this shit,