Somewhat New To O8

I keep hearing how bad most low limit O8 players are and have been downswinging like crazy on the hold em tables, so i figured id play O8 for a bit. I have a general knowledge of the game, better than most who just started out, but a few of the concepts (like when to fold nut lows, etc) elude me.Here's a nut low hand I think i could've given up...pokerroom .50/1 10 handedRISE is CO with A :D 2 :) 3 :) 7 :D PF: UTG folds, UTG1 calls, UTG2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, RISE calls, button folds, SB calls, BB checksFlop: (6 SB) 7 :club: 10 :D 4 :) SB checks, BB checks, UTG1 bets, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, RISE calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG1 calls, MP2 callsTurn: (7 BB) 2 :club: UTG1 bets, MP2 raises, MP3 3-bets, RISE calls, UTG1 calls, MP2 callsRiver: (19 BB) J :P UTG1 bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, RISE calls

first, with that many in, raise preflop.4way you NEVEREVEREVEREVER fold a nut low. you should be raising it 90% of the time on the river. remember, even if you're getting 1/4, you're breaking even, and you never know what others might have. you have to split it 3 way more than half the time to make that raise on the river a bad play in the long run. there's a part of the o8 section of ss2 that talks about this "maybe i'm quartered, maybe i'm good for half multiway" type of decision. baldwin explains it better than i could, but basically, just raise it if you have a nut hand on the river and the pot is guaranteed to be 3way or better unless you have a strong read telling you to just call.edit: this might be one of those just call situations judging by the turn action, but you're not folding anywhere in this hand for sure.

If I flop a nut low (usually with A2) on a board with no counterfeit protection or a chance for high I would usually fold unless there are a lot of players in the pot.
at these levels you should probably be playing any A2, A3. in most cases you should even draw for half w/o C/f protection. don't fold the nut low on the flop.i can't think of any scenario where a hand that flops the nut low has absolutely no chance at high. i've seen flops come all one suit and then come something like KK and the person with the K takes the high.PLO8 is a different story.