A Table Full Of Donks Vs. A Table Full Of Decent Players

No set, no bet. You have to adjust your game to fit the situation. Having AA pre flop is great but if 5 playres are calling a $12 raise, why do you keep making it? make it 30. I'm guessing you haven't played much live poker anywhere there is a lot action (i.e. Vegas) you'll quickly learn that 16-20 is probably more of a standard bet if you want to thin the fiesld to 2-3 players. I'm also guessing that you can't lay your hands down and that's a priduct of inexperience.Point is, you want bad players at the table, you want people calling with lesser hands, all it means is that you will make more money if you know what you're doing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No set, no bet. You have to adjust your game to fit the situation. Having AA pre flop is great but if 5 playres are calling a $12 raise, why do you keep making it? make it 30. I'm guessing you haven't played much live poker anywhere there is a lot action (i.e. Vegas) you'll quickly learn that 16-20 is probably more of a standard bet if you want to thin the fiesld to 2-3 players. I'm also guessing that you can't lay your hands down and that's a priduct of inexperience.Point is, you want bad players at the table, you want people calling with lesser hands, all it means is that you will make more money if you know what you're doing.
This is right on.But like I said...try my qualifier. That game CAN'T be beat. You are at the mercy of the cards when the whole table is basically colluding against you. (They are not actually cheating..they are just handcuffing you)
This is right on.But like I said...try my qualifier. That game CAN'T be beat. You are at the mercy of the cards when the whole table is basically colluding against you. (They are not actually cheating..they are just handcuffing you)
Are you high? If everyone is limping, then you play your big hands ( and I mean post flop big hands) and let the rest go. You can make so much post flip in a game like that it's absurd. granted, you can go on harsh losing streaks in a game like that. But your whole edge is from desicing to continue with your hand after the flop or not. Granted, you'll need to get lucky to win on in any one session, but the amounts you when on the lucky days will far outweigh the amounts you lose on bad days.. if you don't go on tilt, and jizz your chips away.
Now...there is one qualifier that hasn't been mentioned.Play at a full table of limper donks that don't fold a hand. Then, don't get dealt anything. GG you.think of it....a whole table limping to you in the BB. Good stuff.The best players on the planet would have a helluva time trying to crack that group.
why are you using a term like "card dead", everybody around here should know by now that when someone says "beat the game" they aren't talking about one session, it's all about THE LONG RUN, in THE LONG RUN you aren't card dead, and you should be able to crush a game like that.