A Table Full Of Donks Vs. A Table Full Of Decent Players

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I'll throw a little bit of gasoline on the fire when I say that the traditional dynamics of the game are completely thrown out the window at a table of donks. You gain in that they make bad decisions, but you lose in that you are much less informed about what they are doing. You can't figure out hands when your opponent doesn't even know what they are donig. Range... forget about trying to assess that.Both have pluses and minuses. You'd have to totally change your b/r requirements for a table of donks and hope that any one session could be profitable (because the swings would be enormous). All that being said, gimme the donks!

OMG...look at that someone posted something that had though in it...It wasn't a meaningless flame at someone. He looked at the original post and posted a response to it. Someday you other assholes on here will understand this.
just curious invulse, why did you post three "deleted" threads?
OMG...look at that someone posted something that had thought in it...It wasn't a meaningless flame at someone. He looked at the original post and posted a response to it. Someday you other assholes on here will understand this.
I'm not sure how to respond to this.
OMG...look at that someone posted something that had though in it...It wasn't a meaningless flame at someone. He looked at the original post and posted a response to it. Someday you other assholes on here will understand this.
Welcome to FCP. If this thread bothers you that much than you won't enjoy your time here. This is the norm for General Poker. Was like this back when I started going here. Just grow a back-bone and you should be able to enjoy this site. I suggest spending time at the strat boards to help you beat the donks.
The more donks you have the more tight you have to play post-flop. The stupidiest thing I see from players who say "I hate playing against donks" (And I used to be one of those players not too long ago =P) is to keep trying to push them out of the pots.But for pre-flop (and I don't know if this is right, but it's worked for me) limp in with alot of hands, becuase if you flop big your implied odds are huge.
Well, never bluff a calling station. Hypothetically: If you are in a tournament at a table with 8 pure calling stations, where there is not a single hand that doesn't end without a showdown then obivously you need to catch some cards and have them hold up to beat the other players. If you are a good player, you still have a much better chance than the others to win, but you don't really get a chance to use your skills. And this player might be better off in a tourney with players who are a little less bad and at least know how to lay down a hand sometimes.That said, I'll take the donks over the decent players anytime, being mostly a donk myself. :club:
OMG...look at that someone posted something that had thought in it...It wasn't a meaningless flame at someone. He looked at the original post and posted a response to it. Someday you other assholes on here will understand this.
see, you're too stupid to pick up on irony. This man wa making fun of you with that post. Please, quit poker, you will only lose.
Welcome to FCP. If this thread bothers you that much than you won't enjoy your time here. This is the norm for General Poker. Was like this back when I started going here. Just grow a back-bone and you should be able to enjoy this site. I suggest spending time at the strat boards to help you beat the donks.
fuk that, he should be banned for this post, that he tried to delete before a mod saw it "wow god ur a little **** sucking forum nerd....I post one thing and all u faggot nerds jump on me like you know everything about poker and no one else does...people like you are the reason I hate posting in forums, you get pride out of talking **** on forums, and posting what you think are cleaver responses to other peoples posts. Why don't u go die in a fire you faggot."
fuk that, he should be banned for this post, that he tried to delete before a mod saw it "wow god ur a little **** sucking forum nerd....I post one thing and all u faggot nerds jump on me like you know everything about poker and no one else does...people like you are the reason I hate posting in forums, you get pride out of talking **** on forums, and posting what you think are cleaver responses to other peoples posts. Why don't u go die in a fire you faggot."
It is hilarious that the OP attacked you like that after you posted a really reasonable and thoughtful answer to one his posts (your second answer, not the first :D ) but he thanks another poster who obviously just ridiculed him... :club:
xxx
Awesome.Posting and then deleting, posting and then deleting.So awesome.Listen, I'm going to help you out because I'm Spademan, which means I'm pretty much a superhero.Bad players make more money for good players than good players make for good players.You have two choices: 1. Accept that.2. Let me stick my dick in your earhole.CHOOSE!
It is hilarious that the OP attacked you like that after you posted a really reasonable and thoughtful answer to one his posts (your second answer, not the first :D ) but he thanks another poster who obviously just ridiculed him... :club:
my first post is throughtful too, this man is a fish, and when he's confrotted by the truth, he gets made starts flaming like a child, then deletes his posts like a child rather than accept the reality that he's not good anywhere near as good at poker as he thinks he is.
my first post is throughtful too, this man is a fish, and when he's confrotted by the truth, he gets made starts flaming like a child, then deletes his posts like a child rather than accept the reality that he's not good anywhere near as good at poker as he thinks he is.
I probably am a fish, but all I tried to do is post something reasonable and you people flame me, and it pisses me off. Probably has something to do with why I steam at poker...but seriously im a donkey now let the thread end.
I probably am a fish, but all I tried to do is post something reasonable and you people flame me, and it pisses me off. Probably has something to do with why I steam at poker...
DING DING DINGSteaming is death at poker.

Now...there is one qualifier that hasn't been mentioned.Play at a full table of limper donks that don't fold a hand. Then, don't get dealt anything. GG you.think of it....a whole table limping to you in the BB. Good stuff.The best players on the planet would have a helluva time trying to crack that group.

A problem I am having lately is that I keep losing with big hands. Playing a bar game of 1 -2 NL with about 9-10 other people(alot of donks), everyone calls a raise. Ive lost hundreds and hundreds lately with aces and kings. I have been raising to $12 or so and everyone calls. Your odds of your hand holding up against 5 other players goes down real quick. Its really starting to get to me. Not really sure how to play it. If I raise much more than that then everyone folds. Kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.