What Would You Get A Christian For Christmas?

Have you ever been on a missionary trip anywhere? I personally have and to see what they are doing for those "poor people" is great. I have a friend from college who was in New Guinea (hence the reference) for most of his childhood and he said that he saw the people there changing their ways. What once was a fully pagan worship system going so far as cannabalism now has a church and a bible which they can read. Don't you think that if you are in a country of 1 million pagans and even one of them comes to the realization of a loving God then what you did was totally worth it.
Sure, except the people of New Guinea haven't changed there ways. God says if any shall seek, they will find. No reason to subject yourself to all kinds of atrocities. The gospel has already been spread, and many have rejected and that's just the way it is. I have a rule- if I could be eaten, I don't go. That's not so much religion as it is common sense.
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arabic? Aramaic? What language...
I *believe* it's Arabic. When I first heard it, I was told it was a Hebrew prayer, but then someone else told me it was in Arabic, so I'm not 100% sure.
go away muslim
That *might* be offensive, if I was even muslim. But since I'm not, you just come off look stupid and a tad racist. Good one. :club: Now please, give the keyboard back to your mother, it's way past your bedtime.
Sure, except the people of New Guinea haven't changed there ways. God says if any shall seek, they will find. No reason to subject yourself to all kinds of atrocities. The gospel has already been spread, and many have rejected and that's just the way it is. I have a rule- if I could be eaten, I don't go. That's not so much religion as it is common sense.
Have you been to New Guinea lately? Didn't think so. So basically you have no basis for your ideas. As for me I haven't either BUT like I mentioned a friend of mine from college has been out there. and it has absolutely changed because of Missionaries like him. So for you to say they haven't changed their ways just shows how ignorant you really are. I really feel sorry for you that you can't listen to what people have to say. If there was only some way to have you understand and hear some of the things that are going on would only make you that much better. to be able to Hear what people say instead of hearing one thing and then dismissing everything else is just plain stupid. Speaking of which have you gotten to finding out where in the NIV and NASB it "changes" doctrine from what is said in the KJV or did you forget and dismiss that too?
Have you been to New Guinea lately? Didn't think so. So basically you have no basis for your ideas. As for me I haven't either BUT like I mentioned a friend of mine from college has been out there. and it has absolutely changed because of Missionaries like him. So for you to say they haven't changed their ways just shows how ignorant you really are. I really feel sorry for you that you can't listen to what people have to say. If there was only some way to have you understand and hear some of the things that are going on would only make you that much better. to be able to Hear what people say instead of hearing one thing and then dismissing everything else is just plain stupid. Speaking of which have you gotten to finding out where in the NIV and NASB it "changes" doctrine from what is said in the KJV or did you forget and dismiss that too?
Go online. Do a little research. It hasn't changed. You will thank me later for the research advice.
Go online. Do a little research. It hasn't changed. You will thank me later for the research advice.
Go to New Guinea. Do a little research. Some tribes have changed.I expect an apology when you get back.
  • 2 weeks later...
Go to New Guinea. Do a little research. Some tribes have changed.I expect an apology when you get back.
No- I don't want to get eaten. See how that works? I don't even need to go- common sense says stay home and enjoy a cup o noodles and a Mad magazine.
No- I don't want to get eaten. See how that works? I don't even need to go- common sense says stay home and enjoy a cup o noodles and a Mad magazine.
Yes but the Bible tells us in Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."But I guess that doesn't apply to us...
Yes but the Bible tells us in Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."But I guess that doesn't apply to us...
It's already been done- the all of the world part. I pointed that out earlier, and you ignored it. It was rejected, as can be seen by the actions of the people. So, no need to cast pearls before the swine, so to speak. ( That's scripture by the way.)
It's already been done- the all of the world part. I pointed that out earlier, and you ignored it. It was rejected, as can be seen by the actions of the people. So, no need to cast pearls before the swine, so to speak. ( That's scripture by the way.)
Oh so we as individuals are now totally unobligated to do go out into the world and preach. We can all now sit on our couches alongside of other believers of course because the world now knows about what christ has done for them. So in essence we should only associate with other believers because lord knows if you talk to a crack addict you will be addicted to crack. and you should never speak to them about christ because they have already rejected him once. from what i remember peter denied christ three times yet he was still forgiven and he went on to preach to jerusalem saving lives. I have also heard stories where a muslim who had heard about christ and even killed christians heard from a missionary again but this time god chose to touch his life and now he is a christian man spreading the word to muslim countries. is all his work in vain?
Oh so we as individuals are now totally unobligated to do go out into the world and preach. We can all now sit on our couches alongside of other believers of course because the world now knows about what christ has done for them. So in essence we should only associate with other believers because lord knows if you talk to a crack addict you will be addicted to crack. and you should never speak to them about christ because they have already rejected him once. from what i remember peter denied christ three times yet he was still forgiven and he went on to preach to jerusalem saving lives. I have also heard stories where a muslim who had heard about christ and even killed christians heard from a missionary again but this time god chose to touch his life and now he is a christian man spreading the word to muslim countries. is all his work in vain?
Many will claim they knew him and he will say depart, I never knew you. This will apply more than anyone would like to believe. Cast not your pearls before the swine means just that- in some ways it gives you an out, it gives you as a christian a chance to use your bean and use good sense where you spread the word. I am not going to go door to door in a gang infested neighborhood. Why? What for? So I can put myself in physical danger? Why, when I can easily use some sense and pick a neighborhood that I have a higher chance of not being assaulted in. That, my freind, is just good sense, and if, IF, there happens to be a soul in that neighborhood that is actually a seeking heart, I know that God will bring that soul to the right place so that soul can be saved. I trust that, I believe that.
And by the way all of this is you taking what I say to the extreme- I thought I was the exremist, but you found a way to go further. That's awesome, I applaude you.
Many will claim they knew him and he will say depart, I never knew you. This will apply more than anyone would like to believe. Cast not your pearls before the swine means just that- in some ways it gives you an out, it gives you as a christian a chance to use your bean and use good sense where you spread the word. I am not going to go door to door in a gang infested neighborhood. Why? What for? So I can put myself in physical danger? Why, when I can easily use some sense and pick a neighborhood that I have a higher chance of not being assaulted in. That, my freind, is just good sense, and if, IF, there happens to be a soul in that neighborhood that is actually a seeking heart, I know that God will bring that soul to the right place so that soul can be saved. I trust that, I believe that. And by the way all of this is you taking what I say to the extreme- I thought I was the exremist, but you found a way to go further. That's awesome, I applaude you.
Yes I was taking that to an extreme as I don't believe that somehow we can just sit idly by and god will bring us who he wants to be saved. there is something to be said for going out and preaching the word. however you are correct in the point with a gang infested nighborhood, however there are old gang members who have given their life to god who do go into their nieghborhoods and do preach the word. now that may not be a good idea for you and i but there is no reason why they shouldn't be doing it. i guess my point is that yes even though we might not be able to go to different places there are those that it is right to go to these places. they are out there making a difference in peoples lives and if you or i can't see that then we should definitely not judge that they aren't making a difference.
all my anti-christian threads get hijacked by lois to spread his gospel. this is bullcrap. oh well ill just start more :club:
Not hard to hijack one of your threads. Your ideas are pointless and sad with no room for discussion.
theres nothing to discuss. theres no god and anyone who thinks different is wrong and pretty dumb. im just trying to enjoy myself once in a while with my posts and threads.
just curious why you think there is no god, im faithless right now and im just curious about your viewpoints
just curious why you think there is no god, im faithless right now and im just curious about your viewpoints
There are so many reasons that there is no god and religion is B.S. . Truly so many that i just "know". If i had to choose one reason why its all B.S. besides " its common sense" i would have you consider the following:Christianity: believe what we say is the truth or you will go to hell, oh but we give you zero proof.Islam: same thingAll other religions: same thingthe god of these religions would have realized that the advanced brain he gave his creations will often reject such irrational thinking so it would be unreasonable of him to send them to hell for eternity for doing what he designed them to do, which is to think rationally.
There are so many reasons that there is no god and religion is B.S. . Truly so many that i just "know". If i had to choose one reason why its all B.S. besides " its common sense" i would have you consider the following:Christianity: believe what we say is the truth or you will go to hell, oh but we give you zero proof.Islam: same thingAll other religions: same thingthe god of these religions would have realized that the advanced brain he gave his creations will often reject such irrational thinking so it would be unreasonable of him to send them to hell for eternity for doing what he designed them to do, which is to think rationally.
He did. It's actually a scripture-"Professing themselves to be wise they became fools", something of that nature. It's actually quite simple- we cannot all be perfect, and human nature being what it is most will follow the flesh. That's just reality. The best- those worthy of heaven- do what it takes to serve God, because they believe and have faith, and realize that this flesh is temporary. Yeah, we all know that, but rare is the person that lives as if it's what they believe.