What Would You Get A Christian For Christmas?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i , for one would go with this awesome t shirt:online
Even if I wasn't a Christian that really wasn't very funny . . . just another lame, immature attempt to get a rise out of Christians. Good try though. I'll give you an A for effort though since you took time out of your day to think of the topic and do a search on the net and all. Next time try to post something really insulting . . . then maybe you'll get the attention you are looking for.

Funny that by acknowledging Christmas as a time to celebrate, you admit that Christ was born. Which brings back to you...What are you going to do about it.

I celebrate Christmas and I'm an atheist.Christmas used to be the winter solstice celebration, then Christians turned it into Christ's late birthday party, and then Coca-Cola turned it into a giant consumerism fest. Is anyone planning to Morgan Spurlock's documentary on it?

I would very much appreciate if non-Christians celebrated the winter solstice, ate solstice cookies and sang solstice carols, all the while greeting each other with a merry "Happy Solstice."If they would do that, I would promise never to use the word "gay" in a derogatory way ever again.

You're welcome.It will be funny to see the reactions I get when I wish people a "Merry Solstice."
If you suddenly flipped out right after, yelled "Take THAT, pagan heathen!" while throwing a pine cone at them, it would be even funnier."LMD, is that you?"
If you suddenly flipped out right after, yelled "Take THAT, pagan heathen!" while throwing a pine cone at them, it would be even funnier."LMD, is that you?"
I don't believe in christmas-it's not a christian holdiday, at least not one that God recognizes. Some are going to not like this statement- that's fine, show me the scriptures that describe the celebration of christmas.
I don't believe in christmas-it's not a christian holdiday, at least not one that God recognizes. Some are going to not like this statement- that's fine, show me the scriptures that describe the celebration of christmas.
are you sure youre a christian?

anything you would get anyone else, we are not freaks who need to be handled with care.which brings me to another point, why do athiests always try to bring Christians down?

i dont think God would mind us choosing a day to worship him entirley do you?its better than not choosing a day and not recognising him isnt it?
Lois . . . you are right . . . and wrong all at the same time . . . wow I didn't think anyone could do that.You are right in the sense that Santa Claus, rudolph, frosty, etc. is a part of the secular version of Christmas. However, do I have to remind you of the birth of Jesus Christ . . . it is called CHRISTmas for a reason. Yes the secular world has turned Christmas into a commerical extravaganza because of all the gift giving . . . BUT . . . the three wise men brought gifts for our Lord Jesus and THAT is how the whole gift giving on Jesus' birthday really started.I also want to add something for all the atheists/agnostics who usually make a comment about Christians not celebrating Christmas the same way. As a christian, I put up Christmas lights, a christmas tree, buy/give presents, have a holiday dinner, have the kids picture taken with Santa, etc. etc. etc. My kids believe in Santa. So I very much celebrate the "secular" Christmas . . . I think it is fun! The only difference is that Christmas mornng we read the passage about Jesus' birth and explain to my children that Christmas (to us) is also about the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.The only reason I say that is because the last time this topic came up (long time ago) there was an individual that said he/she was a Christian and they blasted all the Christians and non-Christians for celebrating the "secular" Christmas. My response to them was that is bull . . . Christians can celebrate Santa Claus just like everyone else and still teach their family what we believe is the real reason behind Christmas.
How many wise men? :club:
zero. from wikipedia:The KJV translation as wise men is considered somewhat politically motivated; the exact same word is translated as sorcerer to condemn "Elymas the sorcerer" in Acts 13, and is left untranslated to describe Simon Magus in Acts 8. Treating Simon Magus as being as wise as the Magi that visited Jesus would effectively be heresy - Simon Magus was considered by most Christians as the arch-heretic and founder of Gnosticism, a Christian group condemned as arch-heresy. It is unlikely that the New Testament would deliberately refer to Simon Magus in glowing terms.
I celebrate Christmas and I'm an atheist.Christmas used to be the winter solstice celebration, then Christians turned it into Christ's late birthday party, and then Coca-Cola turned it into a giant consumerism fest. Is anyone planning to Morgan Spurlock's documentary on it?
For the Romans it was the feast of Saturn, celebrated at the winter solstice.Maybe you could hang some Saturn shaped ornaments on your tree.For a gift, I'm getting the Christians a PSP :club:
For the Romans it was the feast of Saturn, celebrated at the winter solstice.Maybe you could hang some Saturn shaped ornaments on your tree.For a gift, I'm getting the Christians a PSP :club:
If they vote Saturn out of the planet club does this mean I got to work Dec 25th?
Lois . . . you are right . . . and wrong all at the same time . . . wow I didn't think anyone could do that.You are right in the sense that Santa Claus, rudolph, frosty, etc. is a part of the secular version of Christmas. However, do I have to remind you of the birth of Jesus Christ . . . it is called CHRISTmas for a reason. Yes the secular world has turned Christmas into a commerical extravaganza because of all the gift giving . . . BUT . . . the three wise men brought gifts for our Lord Jesus and THAT is how the whole gift giving on Jesus' birthday really started.I also want to add something for all the atheists/agnostics who usually make a comment about Christians not celebrating Christmas the same way. As a christian, I put up Christmas lights, a christmas tree, buy/give presents, have a holiday dinner, have the kids picture taken with Santa, etc. etc. etc. My kids believe in Santa. So I very much celebrate the "secular" Christmas . . . I think it is fun! The only difference is that Christmas mornng we read the passage about Jesus' birth and explain to my children that Christmas (to us) is also about the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.The only reason I say that is because the last time this topic came up (long time ago) there was an individual that said he/she was a Christian and they blasted all the Christians and non-Christians for celebrating the "secular" Christmas. My response to them was that is bull . . . Christians can celebrate Santa Claus just like everyone else and still teach their family what we believe is the real reason behind Christmas.
Great stuff. Tell me where, biblically, he commands us to celebrate christ birth? Little clue- it's not there,and since that is the case a christian has no part in it. God has nothing to do with it. The proof is in the mall every christmas.
Great stuff. Tell me where, biblically, he commands us to celebrate christ birth? Little clue- it's not there,and since that is the case a christian has no part in it. God has nothing to do with it. The proof is in the mall every christmas.
Your missing the point Lois. You have two Christmas's. You have the secualr version of Christmas which is what you are talking about. Santa Claus, christmas lights, the tree, etc. etc. Then you have the birth of Jesus Christ. YES . . . you are correct . . . the bible does not tell us to celebrate the birth of Jesus. But . . . it does tell us to worship him . . . right? What better way to worship God than to celebrate the birth of his son, our savior, Jesus Christ. So although God does not directly tell us to celebrate "Christmas" . . . the TRUE meaning of "Christmas" is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Christmas is a time to remember our lord who died on the cross for our sins. Man has made it commercial with the whole Santa Claus thing. But real Christians know the REAL meaning to this time of year.Lois, you can't be such a literalist. Yes, you should live you life by what the bible teaches/says. But just because the bible does not say, "though shall worship the lord your God on December 25th and it shall be called Christmas" that does not mean that it is a bad thing to celebrate Christmas. The trick is your motivation on why you celebrate Christmas. Christmas, even by it's name, is a celebration of the birth of Christ . . . God will never disagree with a celebration in his name. I'll use this analogy to help explain what I am saying. The bible says to worship him, right? So we worship him with Christmas. We celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Now in the bible it doesn't say exactly to celebrate Christmas as worship in his name, nevertheless that is exactly what it is. The same can be said for prayer. The bible directs us to pray. Now it doesn't say exactly to say a prayer for little Johnny who fell off his bike and broke his arm. But, I guarantee if you prayed for little Johnny and his broken arm, God would hear that prayer. So you see, just beacuse the bible is not specific on the Christmas holiday that does not mean that it is not biblicaly or Christian based. Because in fact, Christmas is the celebration of the one who died for our sins . . . period.
Your missing the point Lois. You have two Christmas's. You have the secualr version of Christmas which is what you are talking about. Santa Claus, christmas lights, the tree, etc. etc. Then you have the birth of Jesus Christ. YES . . . you are correct . . . the bible does not tell us to celebrate the birth of Jesus. But . . . it does tell us to worship him . . . right? What better way to worship God than to celebrate the birth of his son, our savior, Jesus Christ. So although God does not directly tell us to celebrate "Christmas" . . . the TRUE meaning of "Christmas" is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Christmas is a time to remember our lord who died on the cross for our sins. Man has made it commercial with the whole Santa Claus thing. But real Christians know the REAL meaning to this time of year.Lois, you can't be such a literalist. Yes, you should live you life by what the bible teaches/says. But just because the bible does not say, "though shall worship the lord your God on December 25th and it shall be called Christmas" that does not mean that it is a bad thing to celebrate Christmas. The trick is your motivation on why you celebrate Christmas. Christmas, even by it's name, is a celebration of the birth of Christ . . . God will never disagree with a celebration in his name. I'll use this analogy to help explain what I am saying. The bible says to worship him, right? So we worship him with Christmas. We celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Now in the bible it doesn't say exactly to celebrate Christmas as worship in his name, nevertheless that is exactly what it is. The same can be said for prayer. The bible directs us to pray. Now it doesn't say exactly to say a prayer for little Johnny who fell off his bike and broke his arm. But, I guarantee if you prayed for little Johnny and his broken arm, God would hear that prayer. So you see, just beacuse the bible is not specific on the Christmas holiday that does not mean that it is not biblicaly or Christian based. Because in fact, Christmas is the celebration of the one who died for our sins . . . period.
Yeah, no. Unless it's backed by scripture then a TRUE christian does not follow it- it's at that point not of God. We worship God on the first day of the week, and there are exact guidelines of what to do. You can hem and haw and justify all you want but you yourself stated that which proves you wrong- it's not in scripture, therefore not of God. Sorry.
Yeah, no. Unless it's backed by scripture then a TRUE christian does not follow it- it's at that point not of God. We worship God on the first day of the week, and there are exact guidelines of what to do. You can hem and haw and justify all you want but you yourself stated that which proves you wrong- it's not in scripture, therefore not of God. Sorry.
Yeah, no. Unless it's backed by scripture then a TRUE christian does not follow it- it's at that point not of God. We worship God on the first day of the week, and there are exact guidelines of what to do. You can hem and haw and justify all you want but you yourself stated that which proves you wrong- it's not in scripture, therefore not of God. Sorry. Yeah, no. Unless it's backed by scripture then a TRUE christian does not follow it- it's at that point not of God. We worship God on the first day of the week, and there are exact guidelines of what to do. You can hem and haw and justify all you want but you yourself stated that which proves you wrong- it's not in scripture, therefore not of God. Sorry.
I have no idea how I did that. I am seriously tired.