Recycled Straws

there is this restaraunt thats suppose to have great sandwiches, so my friend and i went there tonight to try it out...i order a corned beef sandwich and a coke...she brings the coke and the straw(in a white paper wrapper)...me and my friend both open our straws and i noticed the straw was all creased up(a lot) then i look at my friends' straw, and it's the same...i dont trip out too much because i know i unwrapped it.(or so i thought)i dont put the straw in my drink and when the waitress walks by, i ask for a new one...she takes out 4 or 5 from her little aprin and puts it on the table...all the straws are wrapped but i look and see all the straws are opened at one end!i ask her why and she gets flustered aand says "theyve been in her aprin all day" and goes and gets us new ones...im tripping out in my head but my friend dosent really care, hes yapping away and i start to wonder what else is recycled, i dont even hear him talking...then, i begin to examine my coke carefully and see something floating around, i use my spoon to scoop it out and i see it a small lemon seed, then it hits me, they recycle the unused ice! grossi dont have a problem with making scenes in public places, my friend knows this and he begins to get a little nervouse after i tell him the ice is recycled...he knows im about to go off...but then i tell myself, thats not going to get **** done, so instead of making a scene, i politely asked for the check...and they asked me if anything was wrong,(im kind of anal so i was fuming inside)but i said nothing was wrong, one of our friends is stranded on the freeway, we have to go pick him up...paid for the food and left a 20% tip...i dont want these piece of shits to see whats comming...im reporting their assings to the health department, hope they shut that place down...ive never done anything like this, anyone know what steps i have to take to report these guys...thx.

there is this restaraunt thats suppose to have great sandwiches, so my friend and i went there tonight to try it out...i order a corned beef sandwich and a coke...she brings the coke and the straw(in a white paper wrapper)...me and my friend both open our straws and i noticed the straw was all creased up(a lot) then i look at my friends' straw, and it's the same...i dont trip out too much because i know i unwrapped it.(or so i thought)i dont put the straw in my drink and when the waitress walks by, i ask for a new one...she takes out 4 or 5 from her little aprin and puts it on the table...all the straws are wrapped but i look and see all the straws are opened at one end!i ask her why and she gets flustered aand says "theyve been in her aprin all day" and goes and gets us new ones...im tripping out in my head but my friend dosent really care, hes yapping away and i start to wonder what else is recycled, i dont even hear him talking...then, i begin to examine my coke carefully and see something floating around, i use my spoon to scoop it out and i see it a small lemon seed, then it hits me, they recycle the unused ice! grossi dont have a problem with making scenes in public places, my friend knows this and he begins to get a little nervouse after i tell him the ice is recycled...he knows im about to go off...but then i tell myself, thats not going to get **** done, so instead of making a scene, i politely asked for the check...and they asked me if anything was wrong,(im kind of anal so i was fuming inside)but i said nothing was wrong, one of our friends is stranded on the freeway, we have to go pick him up...paid for the food and left a 20% tip...i dont want these piece of shits to see whats comming...im reporting their assings to the health department, hope they shut that place down...ive never done anything like this, anyone know what steps i have to take to report these guys...thx.
That's nothing...you know that mayo in your sandwich....yep..you guessed it.
I worked in the service industry for almost ten years, and at my most recent place, we kept a container of lemons right next to the ice bin, and there were occasions when a piece of fruit would fall into the open ice bin. I'm not discounting your side Vatch, but I think it would be difficult to reuse ice.That said, I have a friend who worked at a five star fondue place in south denver. At this place, you order a platter with different meats, and they are all cut up into bite size pieces when they bring it to your table, to make it easier to prep and cook tableside. This restaurant just came under new management, and this friend saw a manager at the bus station in back grabbing unused pieces of meat from the dirty dishes and placing them back in the prep area, to be re-served. She walked out, reported the incident, and nothing happened. I'm not a fondue fan anymore.
http://www.google.com/search?q=health+depa...:en-US:officialYou may need to also enter your city or county for specific contact inof. I would definitely report them.
thx for the link.
I worked in the service industry for almost ten years, and at my most recent place, we kept a container of lemons right next to the ice bin, and there were occasions when a piece of fruit would fall into the open ice bin. I'm not discounting your side Vatch, but I think it would be difficult to reuse ice.That said, I have a friend who worked at a five star fondue place in south denver. At this place, you order a platter with different meats, and they are all cut up into bite size pieces when they bring it to your table, to make it easier to prep and cook tableside. This restaurant just came under new management, and this friend saw a manager at the bus station in back grabbing unused pieces of meat from the dirty dishes and placing them back in the prep area, to be re-served. She walked out, reported the incident, and nothing happened. I'm not a fondue fan anymore.
gross...i dont understand how nothing happened, makes me sick...maybe i should go back to this restaraunt with a hidden camera and send the tape to the local news.
this sounds like a plot thread from Curb your Entthusiasm
thx for the link.gross...i dont understand how nothing happened, makes me sick...maybe i should go back to this restaraunt with a hidden camera and send the tape to the local news.
You'd probably be wasting your time, unless you know of a disgruntled employee. Restaurants are suppossed to be checked by the health department monthly.
You'd probably be wasting your time, unless you know of a disgruntled employee. Restaurants are suppossed to be checked by the health department monthly.
The place I was a line-cook at never got inspected monthly. I was there 3 years and saw only 3 inspections. During Thanksgiving we would get in about 100 Frozen Turkeys for Catering orders. We would have to thaw them, then take each one out of theiur individual cardboard box, wash them, stuff them and then place them back in the box. Sounds bad, well, we would stack them 10 high, so the bottom of each box was resting on the top of a thawed exposed Turkey. :club: Big hand for food poisioning.I could go on and on and on....

do the american thing and sue them until they are dead. read a couple psych books go to a shrink and feign psychological distress so you can cash in baby!