Huge Games Lately On Full Tilt

So the last couple months, there have been absolutely titanic gameso n full tilt. 1000/2000 omaha h/l, 200-400 pl omaha, 1000-2000 stud and eight or better. 3 days ago I saw a full table with people on the waiting list at the 1000/2000 razz table. Apparently some big (non full tilt) names are playing in the game, like benymine, Elezera and others. Ivey's been multi tabbling like 6 of the highest limit games, which is way bigger than the big game in terms of hands per hour. Absolutely huge. Mattusow, if rumors of cross booking are correct, as lost over a mil that last week. It makes me wonder if the days of the big games at BnM's being a thing of the past. I wonder if the big game players are all just going to start playing on FT. The games are always packed, and there is some really... strange play at some of the tables. I know DN has some issues with members of Team Full tilt, and he has his own poker skin to promote and all, but I wonder if he has any plans of playing in the big FT games... or perhaps he's MrNuts.

I'd have to say its pretty likely that DN is hitting up some of that action. He'll never come out and say so for obvious reasons but i think it would be too hard to resist that action if everyone else is pretty much in. But yeah, there have been some crazy huge amounts of $$$$ on those FT tables lately. I also noticed Benyamine now goes by his actual name instead of the old "looseslots".

if you were a noob I'd tell you to stfu and die, but since you arent I'll actually try and answer the question :club: I dont think the full tilt games will ever really replace the big game no matter how big the stakes are. First of all they dont have any sort of rotation games, and while these will probably be added eventually like stars has they will still only be 5 or 6 games and wont offer all the variations that the big game does. Also, probably the thing that distinguishes most superstar players from the average players isn't there ability to do the math and know a good hand, but there reading skills, and a large part of this is taken out when they switch to online instead of live. Also, when you watch HSP you see that many of the players in that game like to talk a lot while they play, and you lose the element of this in large part by switching the game over to online. The last reason this wont happen is that as you said with DN, many of the players have there own sites that they represent and those sites probably wouldnt be happy if they went and played the biggest games over on another site, DN with fcp, the brunsons with doyles room, and greenstein with stars.

you honesly don't think Dn , Greenstein, or TBrunson haven't been on those tables at FT??? i don't think they could resist.......plus it would be somewhat easy for them to stay anonymous under a handle

if you were a noob I'd tell you to stfu and die, but since you arent I'll actually try and answer the question :club: I dont think the full tilt games will ever really replace the big game no matter how big the stakes are. First of all they dont have any sort of rotation games, and while these will probably be added eventually like stars has they will still only be 5 or 6 games and wont offer all the variations that the big game does. Also, probably the thing that distinguishes most superstar players from the average players isn't there ability to do the math and know a good hand, but there reading skills, and a large part of this is taken out when they switch to online instead of live. Also, when you watch HSP you see that many of the players in that game like to talk a lot while they play, and you lose the element of this in large part by switching the game over to online. The last reason this wont happen is that as you said with DN, many of the players have there own sites that they represent and those sites probably wouldnt be happy if they went and played the biggest games over on another site, DN with fcp, the brunsons with doyles room, and greenstein with stars.
yeah, I get all that, but I mean, isn't the number one rule of poker go where the action is? If fish like Mattusow ( by fish I mean this realtiviely to the players he plays against, of course) are donking of millions, won't that out weigh the other considerations?
if you were a noob I'd tell you to stfu and die, but since you arent I'll actually try and answer the question :D I dont think the full tilt games will ever really replace the big game no matter how big the stakes are. First of all they dont have any sort of rotation games, and while these will probably be added eventually like stars has they will still only be 5 or 6 games and wont offer all the variations that the big game does. Also, probably the thing that distinguishes most superstar players from the average players isn't there ability to do the math and know a good hand, but there reading skills, and a large part of this is taken out when they switch to online instead of live. Also, when you watch HSP you see that many of the players in that game like to talk a lot while they play, and you lose the element of this in large part by switching the game over to online. The last reason this wont happen is that as you said with DN, many of the players have there own sites that they represent and those sites probably wouldnt be happy if they went and played the biggest games over on another site, DN with fcp, the brunsons with doyles room, and greenstein with stars.
yeah, I get all that, but I mean, isn't the number one rule of poker go where the action is? If fish like Mattusow ( by fish I mean this realtiviely to the players he plays against, of course) are donking of millions, won't that out weigh the other considerations?

matasow has not lost a mil on there.... everytime i watch him, which is allmost everyday, he is up so those rumors are false. Not only are the cash games getting huge but the tournaments from 8pm to 1am have doubled in size in the last few weeks..... the midnight madness used to be only like 500-600 people and now its well over 1000 people and same with the 20K at 10.

if u think matusow is a fish at the omaha tables then u have a lot to learn
Yeah, I don't know over what period of time he lost a million, and if it's totally accurate, but 2+2 mapped out every hand played for a week, every player that was in and how much they won or lost. Matusow was up $650K between the Omaha & H/L tables, and as a sidenote pretty much every other FT sponsored pro was down several hundred thousand. But like any place, the players will look good one week and bad another. Does anyone know if 2+2 or anywhere else continued to document the wins/losses of those games?
well, to a point I think this is true, but keep in mind these people play in the 4-8k game which doesnt typically have very many fish, when they could drop down to the 1-2 games and probably have better success over the long run against weaker competition, so it isnt all about the money for them.

Just some points I'd like to add in. Its very well known that Mike is one of the best limit Omaha O8b players around. Also, if a big name player like DN, both Brunson's, or Greenstein played around on FT, I have a very distinct feeling that it would become common knowledge. When you sign up on a site to play, you have to dish out some personal info in order to set up an account and valid money transfers. So even though you can play under an "anonymous" handle, someone at FT would know who plays under those handles. If that was the case, then I think it would probably become pretty public. That's just my two pennies.Alpha

if u think matusow is a fish at the omaha tables then u have a lot to learn
What I know about matusow is that he is prone to melt down in a huge way.Maybe matusow is up, but 2 weeks ago he was multi tabling 1000/2000 and pl omaha 200-400 and this week he has been playing only one, som I'm fosted to think he's lost some dough

matusow was doing well a couple weeks back but hes been losing and super tilting lately. late friday luigi had a mill combined on 2 200/400plo and 1 1000/2000 omaha8. matusow was tilting at the plo and loss about 300k in an hour. i saw actually move down and play 50/100plo and 500/1000 omaha8. if the guy had any steam control he would be deadly but he is one of the worse tilters ive ever watched.

matusow was doing well a couple weeks back but hes been losing and super tilting lately. late friday luigi had a mill combined on 2 200/400plo and 1 1000/2000 omaha8. matusow was tilting at the plo and loss about 300k in an hour. i saw actually move down and play 50/100plo and 500/1000 omaha8. if the guy had any steam control he would be deadly but he is one of the worse tilters ive ever watched.
him and hellmuth are the two biggest tilters I've ever watched online
him and hellmuth are the two biggest tilters I've ever watched online
Maybe, but at least Matusow is really entertaining to rail when he is winning. :club: I don't follow the big FT-games regularly, but from what I have seen in the last couple weeks, I strongly believe Matusow is a winning player in this game even with his steaming-issues.

the 200-400 PL omaha games there are crazy-- saw a pot for more than $350,000 the other night between the baller guy and luigi. Whoever happens to be "hot" that day can easily make over $150,000 in an hour or so; seen it happen regulary now.

Just some points I'd like to add in. Its very well known that Mike is one of the best limit Omaha O8b players around. Also, if a big name player like DN, both Brunson's, or Greenstein played around on FT, I have a very distinct feeling that it would become common knowledge. When you sign up on a site to play, you have to dish out some personal info in order to set up an account and valid money transfers. So even though you can play under an "anonymous" handle, someone at FT would know who plays under those handles. If that was the case, then I think it would probably become pretty public. That's just my two pennies.Alpha
Was Daniel's name public when he played on other online sites before FCP? In between the whole Poker Mountain fiasco and the launch of the FCP poker room, Daniel used to blog about playing online every so often. At the time, though, I'm not sure very many people knew what names he used at different sites. In fact, Daniel might already have a FT account that he used before the FCP poker room launched in December.
Maybe, but at least Matusow is really entertaining to rail when he is winning. :club: I don't follow the big FT-games regularly, but from what I have seen in the last couple weeks, I strongly believe Matusow is a winning player in this game even with his steaming-issues.
he might still be up, but Im not sure until new data comes in.http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat...part=1&vc=1

Here's a site that has followed the big games on FT and Prima.http://www.highstakesreport.com/As for TBrunson, Greenstein and probably including DN they didn't need the big game on FT before and don't need it now. Plenty of action in their usual places, JMHO.

So the last couple months, there have been absolutely titanic gameso n full tilt. 1000/2000 omaha h/l, 200-400 pl omaha, 1000-2000 stud and eight or better. 3 days ago I saw a full table with people on the waiting list at the 1000/2000 razz table. Apparently some big (non full tilt) names are playing in the game, like benymine, Elezera and others. Ivey's been multi tabbling like 6 of the highest limit games, which is way bigger than the big game in terms of hands per hour. Absolutely huge. Mattusow, if rumors of cross booking are correct, as lost over a mil that last week. It makes me wonder if the days of the big games at BnM's being a thing of the past. I wonder if the big game players are all just going to start playing on FT. The games are always packed, and there is some really... strange play at some of the tables. I know DN has some issues with members of Team Full tilt, and he has his own poker skin to promote and all, but I wonder if he has any plans of playing in the big FT games... or perhaps he's MrNuts.
MATUSOW HAS HAD A GREAT RUN OVER LAST MONTH, BUT DID GET KILLED AND I MEAN KILLED LAST WEEK...BENYAMINE SEEMS TO END UP TAKING EVERYONES MONEY. MIKE MAY BE GREAT IN OMAHA, BUT HE ISNT CLOSE TO BENYAMINE RIGHT NOW. I HAVE SEEN HIM CHASE A LOT AND MAKE A TON OF HORRIBLE CALLS. (SORRY FOR CAPS, BUT NOT RETYPING)