Dmitri Nobles

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's definitely in the Reggie Cleveland All-Stars.
One of the funniest comments I've read tonite. I'm just glad other people know who the Reggie Cleveland All Stars are.I'd like to make a comment on his play. I think he had to have played incredibly well to amass as many chips as he did early. Once he got a ton of chips, he tried to play big stack poker, without knowing how to really play big stack poker. As he continued to make moves against other plays and get caught, he clearly seemed to get very very frustrated. He then proceded to donk off chips out of frustration. I didn't get to see him play, but I would assume he didn't accumulate that many chips so early by playing like he did on tonite's episode. Also, remember that they showed an entire days worth of play in one hour. I'm sure ESPN did him no justice by not showing any of his play from the first days. As bad as some people are, we are too quick to criticize some players based on only like 10 hands that we got to see them play. With as bad as much of the play is in the ME these days, you still have to know what your doing (to some degree) to get that many chips. Players like Tiffany Williamson and Aaron Kanter are definately *** clowns. But I think it would be good to have some input from people who saw him play for the majority of the ME. Just my two cents. I'm just speculating tho. He could still be just a complete D-Bag.Alpha

i don't know if i'm remembering this correctly, but i think dmitri nobles hit like a 1 or 2 outer to amass that huge stack that he had during this episode.. i think i remember reading a card player update, something like set over set and he one outed quads or something.

during that phone call nobles made after he got knocked down to about 400k he made it sound like he was playing crappy cuz they moved him to the feature table. I suspect he has an ego somewhat similiar to scotty N. where when he is on tv he has to be the show, thus he made very questionable moves and calls. just my 4 cents....Peace
somebody's been listening to the circuit lately

Yeah, I'm not really sure how he got the chips, but I was only assuming he played well to get up high, and just couldn't figure out the big stack theory. Not trying to defend him. I didn't look through the updates before my comment. So that is definately a big possibility.

This year's Tiffany Williamson, or Aaron Kanter? Let's make fun of him.
I was thinking about making this thread after i saw his J9 and tptk plays.... ROFL nh dmitri nh :club::D
Yeah, I'm not really sure how he got the chips, but I was only assuming he played well to get up high, and just couldn't figure out the big stack theory. Not trying to defend him. I didn't look through the updates before my comment. So that is definately a big possibility.
All the money was in the middle on day one for him and he had JJ the other guy had QQ on a Qxx board..... runner runner quads...
He obviously played really good to get that deep with the big of a stack. What the viewers saw was a lot of risk but I doubt that is how he played the whole time.
dmitri is the guy who had jacks and his opponent had queens. the flop brought a queen, but dmitri sucked out jack- jack to double uphe then went on a lucky tear.the guy sucks especially for all the trash talking he does.he needs a good bi.tch slapping(edit -- i see chessahole beat me to it)

Regardless of luck, he still made more money than most of us on this board have ever won in a tournament. And I bet everybody who busted out behind him would trade places with him. So what that he sucked-out. If we did that, we wouldn't care. Just saying...

Just finished watching tonight's episodes......I knew someone would have started this thread already.He really made some Dog-awful plays.IMO, the worst was that call on the river with the J-9.

Regardless of luck, he still made more money than most of us on this board have ever won in a tournament. And I bet everybody who busted out behind him would trade places with him. So what that he sucked-out. If we did that, we wouldn't care. Just saying...
If that was even close to the point of this thread than you wouldn't be a moron. But nice contribution though.
This year's Tiffany Williamson, or Aaron Kanter? Let's make fun of him.
I think he was fun to watch, good TV. Tiffany was just irritating and stupid.

It's a shame too cause with his stack size he really could have gone far (farther than he did at least) in this tourney. There's really no reason for him making some of the calls he did (J-9 and A-7 come to mind). I like his aggressiveness, but you have to be smart at the same time.

He made a lot of bad calls, but his style wasn't horrendous. If he learned to change gears, he could be very good. Obviously we are biased by the editing, but that shove with a7 might not have been that bad. I don't know stack sizes/blind structure/button raising standards but if that big white guy had been raising his button frequently a reshove with a7 there might be pretty standard. I'm not going to defend his all in calls with q10, j9 etc. etc. because they were bad, but he is a hyper aggressive LAG player. It's pretty common knowledge that if you are going to make errors, make them on the side of overaggression. Give him time, he could be a solid player soon if he worked on some stuff.

It's a shame too cause with his stack size he really could have gone far (farther than he did at least) in this tourney. There's really no reason for him making some of the calls he did (J-9 and A-7 come to mind). I like his aggressiveness, but you have to be smart at the same time.
that's how he got those chips, by being a donk and sucking out. he'd not going to change his play because he's not good enough to switch gears and slow down. He even told his buddy on the cell phone that the next hand he's plays is going to be AA, KK or QQ. But the next hand they show him in with QTs (could be editing but most likely not)

Dmitri Nobles will never get better.You can't teach an old dog new tricks...and he seems like one of these donks that thinks he knows everything. "HEY, I GOT A MASSIVE STACK..OBVIOUSLY I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING!"You get the picture....I like his aggressiveness and if he were younger he could become a great player....But come on...you know that this idiot won't learn anything or change his ways.

The best part of that episode was Adam Schoenfeld Knocking all the guys with the poker tatooes. That segment was priceless, and so true at the same time!"When I sit down at a table and see some guy with a Poker Tatoo. I know hes got NO GAME whatsoever!"LOL!

The best part of that episode was Adam Schoenfeld Knocking all the guys with the poker tatooes. That segment was priceless, and so true at the same time!"When I sit down at a table and see some guy with a Poker Tatoo. I know hes got NO GAME whatsoever!"LOL!
that was okay but generally adam scho is a guy who is not funny as hard as he tries. ..and why are they always featuring this clown anyway
It's pretty common knowledge that if you are going to make errors, make them on the side of overaggression.
That's the trouble though...a lot of his terrible plays weren't overaggression...they were calling station-esque.
Anyone else hear Danzer say to Nobles "Well played" once he had returned to the feature table area after walking off some steam?
No idea how Danzer will go down, but anyone who can do that is a spectacular player in my book. Germans rock woot! Mark
One of the funniest comments I've read tonite. I'm just glad other people know who the Reggie Cleveland All Stars are.I'd like to make a comment on his play. I think he had to have played incredibly well to amass as many chips as he did early. Once he got a ton of chips, he tried to play big stack poker, without knowing how to really play big stack poker. As he continued to make moves against other plays and get caught, he clearly seemed to get very very frustrated. He then proceded to donk off chips out of frustration. I didn't get to see him play, but I would assume he didn't accumulate that many chips so early by playing like he did on tonite's episode. Also, remember that they showed an entire days worth of play in one hour. I'm sure ESPN did him no justice by not showing any of his play from the first days. As bad as some people are, we are too quick to criticize some players based on only like 10 hands that we got to see them play. With as bad as much of the play is in the ME these days, you still have to know what your doing (to some degree) to get that many chips. Players like Tiffany Williamson and Aaron Kanter are definately *** clowns. But I think it would be good to have some input from people who saw him play for the majority of the ME. Just my two cents. I'm just speculating tho. He could still be just a complete D-Bag.Alpha
No my buddy played at his table for about 6 hours and he said that he was a COCONUT way before he was on TV, so i kind of knew before ESPN made him look like a bad player that he really was that horrible

i find that HUGE stacks early don't get built by playing well at all, you're either on a big heater and making lots of nut vs. 2nd nut hands, or you are sucking out alot. I don't think anyone has built a ridiculously huge stack by playing well, you build stacks slowly by playing well, quickly by luck.

i find that HUGE stacks early don't get built by playing well at all, you're either on a big heater and making lots of nut vs. 2nd nut hands, or you are sucking out alot. I don't think anyone has built a ridiculously huge stack by playing well, you build stacks slowly by playing well, quickly by luck.
Sklansky talks about that in one of his books, which ones escapes me right now. He talked about the first day chip leader curse. Basically to get a huge stack early you pretty much have to play incorrectly.Those that make it deep consistently will likely be in the middle to upper middle of the pack.
Good post.Although...LAG players that consistently hit flops are very likely to build a very big stack from observant players paying them off.Thus...WHY..a LAG style is optimal for MTT play.Table image is a great stack builder.