Call To Mid-atlantic Fcp'ers

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys, here's the deal.The FCP AC Barrage event will be Monday night the 9th at the Tropicana Poker room. The event has changed into a very juicy $4,000 guarunteed $40 +$10 with a single add-on. Make sure you get your card/sign-up before you meet the group so you don't miss the event.We'll meet at the Trop's irish pub, Ri Ra, between 6pm-630pm. I'll be there at 6pm to grab a table, so tell the hostess or whoever helps you that you're with FCP. I tried to order a shirt but it hasn't made it so I won't have gear on. I'll be wearing either a brown hat or a backwards white cap. We'll do a beer or two, meet/greet and take a few pics. Post here to let me know you're definitely in.

Alright guys, here's the deal.The FCP AC Barrage event will be Monday night the 9th at the Tropicana Poker room. The event has changed into a very juicy $4,000 guarunteed $40 +$10 with a single add-on. Make sure you get your card/sign-up before you meet the group so you don't miss the event.We'll meet at the Trop's irish pub, Ri Ra, between 6pm-630pm. I'll be there at 6pm to grab a table, so tell the hostess or whoever helps you that you're with FCP. I tried to order a shirt but it hasn't made it so I won't have gear on. I'll be wearing either a brown hat or a backwards white cap. We'll do a beer or two, meet/greet and take a few pics. Post here to let me know you're definitely in.
i wont have my new 21 ID by then, think theyll let me in w my old one? expires on 10-09-85

I'm in. I don't have any gear. Black "Nike Poker" hat, grey hooded sweatshirt most prob. Effing freezing in the Trop.This be me contemplating busting a nut on someone:mecrop.jpg

I'd have to say that, while I get several compliments weekly on my handle, it was an unforseen consequence that it's so easily shortened to "Donk." Can't wait till I meet one of you at the table, take down a big pot or lose a big one, and one of you yells "Nice play, Donk!"

I'd have to say that, while I get several compliments weekly on my handle, it was an unforseen consequence that it's so easily shortened to "Donk." Can't wait till I meet one of you at the table, take down a big pot or lose a big one, and one of you yells "Nice play, Donk!"
hahahahaha I hope its me!
hahah.. donk is like my middle name.
Pretty sure I'll be going Sunday afternoon and staying through Monday night. Anyone else around?
Where are you staying Myenemy? I'm torn between paying $95 to stay at the trop or $75 to stay at Harrah's and take the trolley.EDIT: Trop juiced their prices again so I reserved a room next door at the Holiday Inn.
Where are you staying Myenemy? I'm torn between paying $95 to stay at the trop or $75 to stay at Harrah's and take the trolley.EDIT: Trop juiced their prices again so I reserved a room next door at the Holiday Inn.
Im thinking Holiday Inn. What'd you pay?
Im thinking Holiday Inn. What'd you pay?
Paid $95 total. If you're not a complete weirdo, I'll give you the other double bed in my room for $30. I'm a priority club member so my checkout time on Tuesday can be as late as 4pm :club: I don't know how much I'll be on the computer this weekend b/c of the DC soccer tourney, so I'll see you at Ri-Ra's at 630pm on Monday biotches. Myenemy, PM me if you want that bed and we'll work it out at the pub that night. I doubt the rooms would be much more expensive if you got it that night though.

Bah. I'm there all the time (I play for a living and live in Philly), but I don't think I'll be able to make it tonight. I've been up for 24 hours straight...13 of which I was playing online. lol. I wish I woulda remembered this sooner. Oops. Have a good time guys. (And ladies?)

Trip Report...I got to AC on Monday around 6pm already on tilt. The poor weather had delayed the soccer tourney that weekend, and they crammed so many games into Monday that I ended up leaving an hour later than I wanted. PLUS, they had 2 lanes of I95 closed right after crossing into Delaware from Maryland. Dammit.Long story short, I checked in at 6pm to the Holiday Inn next to the trop, jumped in the shower, got out, got my mobney together, and met Tremomey at Ri Ra for a beer before the tourney.Tourney was just O.K. It was a $4,000 guarunteed for 1st place $40 + $10 and a single add-on $40 tourney that started at 715. 120 players. Blinds doubled every 20 mins and antes started after the first break. I played very well and was really dominating the table, having run my stack to about $28K after the 2nd break. No significant hands really; made one good river call with an A-high on a K7QKQ board. Downhill from the 2nd break. With the blinds 800-1600, a new guy at the table with a big stack made it 3200 to go from MP. The button pushed for 4700, and I had 33 in the BB. Thinking the raiser was coming along, i called, and then the raiser folded =(. Button turned AQ over and turned an A. Doh.Blinded/anted more, then opened in LP for 5K with Js9s. SB woke up with KK and made it 13K allin to go, and I had to fold. Blinded/anted, big stack raises in LP to 8K, I push with 13.5 from the SB with 99, he calls with QJ, flops a Q, GG me about 53. Tremomey busted late 40's and that was that. We went to get food afterwards at the Cheslea Pub, and I had the best chicken quesdilla ever. We talked about a ton of stuff; Tremomey is a super chill guy and I'm definitely looking forward to hanging out again some time. I wanted to play some cash games, so he dropped me off at the Taj.I bought in with $200 and sat at a 3/6 limit table. Awful idea. Loose-passive preflop and loose-passive call station post flop. After being stuck 7 BB's, I moved over to a 1/2 NL table with around $160.I folded about 12 hands straight and then got 99 at UTG+1. The Chinese girl UTG limped, I limped to coax the loose table to come in as well. The table was full of relatively young "ballers", who made a lot of moves preflop/on the flop but were very, very tight after the flop. A guy about my age raised to $9 directly to my left, folded around to the BB who called, UTG China called, I call. Flop J9J. China girl led for $13! I smooth-called, and the oraiser made it $90 to go. The girl him-hawed a little and folded, and I him-hawed to make sure I woul d get a call and then pushed. He called, having me covered by about $6, and flipped over AJ. Cooooolered. He did not improve, cursed his luck, and then gave me shyt for taking so long to push. I told him I wasn't slow-rolling, and I had seen him play 12 whole hands so I couldn't be sure if I he would insta-call without a J in his hand. I thought he would keep questioning me but he quieted down and we got along till about 2am or so when I left, up $120 from the original $200 I brought to the limit table. I went to bed after but couldn't stay asleep past 830 am due to all the early mornings I had in the past weekend. I drove over to Caesar's b/c I wanted to check that out, but there wasn't any free parking, and the Borgata was gleaming in the morning sun, so I headed over there instead. Pretty nice place, although honestly I felt that the Quarter of the Trop was a bit nicer overall than the Borgata's digs. The poker room was pretty upscale, good dealers. The seat placement system was so overdone that I thought it was actually harder to tell about open and full tables than if they were all written up on a marker board. Typical. Anyway, got onto a 1/2 NL table and ran a $200 stack up to about $345 and cashed it out after about 2 hours or so. A lot of the players were OK but were easily pushed around, so I played an aggressive game (don't usually play it like that) and ran it over pretty well. One hand I flopped a set of 6's after calling an $8 raise from an old, friendly jersey guy directly behind me, and had one caller in between. Flop came Q26 rainbow. I check, he bets $10, guy calls $10, I call. Turn comes 10. I check, he bets $25, guy hims a little and folds, and I made it $100 to go, and the old guy folded pretty quickly. He said he had Aces! I was kinda pissd about that one; maybe if I had c/r the flop we could've gotten the money in. The other guy said he folded Q10. WTF?Another hand I feel "Meh" about came after I limped in LP with Q9spades and it was checked around. Flop came Kd4sQc. 4 players including myself check. Turn comes a 7s. UTG bets out $10. I make it $25 to go, button flat-calls, UTG called. River was a non-spade J. UTG checked. Yikes. I know I'm getting pushed off this by the button if I check to him, but I don't love my hand. No choice really. I make it $40, they both fold. I'm wondering again but stacking the chips. I left the Borgata about 1pm to check out of my hotel. Got that done, and went over to check out the Hilton. Small room, but it lived up to my hopes...all old rich guys and very rich Asian guys there. It was exactly what I was hoping for. The Hilton has a big Asian games room right next to the poker room on the 2nd floor, and it was absolutely jam-packed with people playing Pai Gow tiles. Kinda cool to watch them go at it and they got really, really excited when they won. Anyway, I sat down a little after two and ended up playing till 5pm, leaving $230 in the black, having bought in for $200. I won some decent pots with playing the best hand well, but 3 stick out for good reading, one of which I wasn't even involved in:Hand 1: I limped in EP with AsKs. I started doing this a lot during the trip; I play well post-flop and as it's a drawing hand, I have no trouble getting away from it postflop, and I found limping with it caused a lot of problems for the players that were thinking about play at all. Anyway, 7 limpers to the SB, who makes it 10 to go. 2 callers to me, and I make it $100. Folds all to the original raiser, who looks at his hand a little disgusted, and then folds, and everyone else mucks. He's kinda staring me down, this straight-outta Sopranos guy in a Hilton tracksuit, and finally after feeling a little too admired by him I say "I had AK." He says "So did I", bitches a little bit, and then the "joke" between him and the other 8 old guys at the table for the rest of the time I was there was: "AK. Worth either $2 or $100, but definitely not $12." It was pretty funny actually, and I took the ribbing fine because I had their mobney.Hand 2: I make it $10 to go from MP with AA. I had showed down 3 AK's in the past 1 hour, 2 winners and 1 check through river loser. Nice, loose guy who is "just having fun" insta-calls, and we take the flop heads-up. Flop comes Q 2 2, I push my stack in for $250 or so, and he insta-calls. As the dealer is stacking the chips, I'm like "Wow, Acey-ducey comes through huh?" and he says "Nah, I got the Q though," and said it very matter-of-factly as if he had the best hand. I let him flip it over and then turned my AA up. He was very friendly about a "NH" and said he was certain I had another AK. I won the pot. Hand 3: That same guy is mixed up with a super-gambling rich Asian guy who's just there to have fun like it's a baccarat table, and he's already in the game for close to $500 already. Same guy raises to $10 preflop and the Asian guy calls after limping from direct right of Same guy. Flop comes 7h 4c 4s. Asian guy checks, Same guy bets $120 allin, Asian guy turns over Ah9h, hims, then slams the chips down for a call. Same guy turns over 55. Asian does not improve. I laughed.I left the Hilton about 5ish. On my way back to the jeep (as a Holiday Inn Priority member, they let me park in their garage even after I checked out :club: ), some crack-ho holla'd from a storefont. She wasn't even trying really; she looked terrible even though she was probably young, and was just wearing sweats. I didn't even turn to look, and the Indian guy that owned the store immediately came out yelled at them profusely in Hindi after he heard her make the call. It was hard not to laugh at the one too but I wasn't trying to have her come anywhere near me. I took off, stopping by the new blocks of outlet stores they have on Pacific (pretty nice) to get my girlfriend something from Ralph Lauren, and then took off. Hopefully next time a few more of you fockers can come out. 7s7c had to work and Myenemy was a no-show. Donks :D