WPT Final 10 with chip counts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Dan, you proved to everyone that you do have the heart of a champion because its a real winner who comes through when things aren't going their way. Great job on the POY, now finish off those small stacks and take home the tournament!I'd also like to thank Dan and Chris for keeping us all updated, its just amazing that a player like Dan would go out of his way to do that for all of us, I for one am very grateful.I too would have liked to see Chan at that final table, but it will still be a lot of fun to watch, and I think Dan really showed what he can do by coming through that really tough table when it was down to 2 tables, that's awesome.

I wake up this morning, check my email and find out Daniel is POY! WOW! What an awesome way to start the day! :D We are so Proud of you Daniel!And props need to go to Chris for the updates! Thanks Chris! :-)

Now that Daniel has a commanding lead, will any of the others try the Lee Jones' strategy of folding their way to second place?
I doubt it. I'm very happy for Daniel, and he's in a great position to win this thing. But I think he'd be the first person to tell you that he still has a lot of work to do. He's playing against some very fine players who want to win this as badly as he does. It wouldn't take a lot to knock his stack down - a couple of losses in "race" situations against all-in players could shake things up in a hurry. If he even gets up to 75% of the chips in heads up, he's still just one hand away from it being an even contest. I hope he wins, and with 2/3 of the chips, he's the obvious favorite. But if you think he can coast into first from this point while the other players lay down and die in an attmept to limp into second, I think you're underestimating the skill of the other players and/or their desire to win.

I think that one or two of them might decided to just play it as tight as they can and avoid any real confrontations until a few more bust out. But it mainly depends on the size of the blinds, which I haven't seen reported anywhere. Anyone know what the blinds are at?

I think that one or two of them might decided to just play it as tight as they can and avoid any real confrontations until a few more bust out. But it mainly depends on the size of the blinds, which I haven't seen reported anywhere. Anyone know what the blinds are at?
I remember looking at the WPT rules a while back - the blinds at the final table (meaning the final 6, in their lingo) are independant of the blinds in the rest of the tournament. They are set at a level that makes the average stack remaining have 40 times the big blind, then go up from there. I guess it's their way of making sure they get enough hands to tape :D

CONGRATS! Totally awesome.I was at my company Christmas party last night thinking about the tournament and how awesome it would be if he could pull it off, the energy I felt was just amazing, and fortunately I got home to an excellent e-mail from the admin and the news pasted all over poker related sites everywhere.... AWESOME!