Online Poker Is Rigged

Here's an easy to read article about how a bunch of programmers were able to accurately predict the order of the deck on an online poker room. LinkFor those of you who started playing online eons ago, you might be familiar with Planet Poker. Anyone still plays on it??

I played on it up until about 6 months ago. Played there since wayyyy back in the day around 2000, then traffic went to other sites so I moved along, stopped in there occasionally but no longer.

Here's an easy to read article about how a bunch of programmers were able to accurately predict the order of the deck on an online poker room. LinkFor those of you who started playing online eons ago, you might be familiar with Planet Poker. Anyone still plays on it??
I believe the "proper" term to use when posting in these forums is Broccoli.

"Our next article will discuss how the major poker sites’ current approach to shuffling differs from the flawed approach of a few years ago at Planet Poker. The differences are significant and should give players confidence in the randomness of the cards."I'll believe that when I read it.This is pretty provactive stuff, depending on how much better these 'new' systems prove to be, which i am highly curious about, this should impact the way any and everyone views online poker.I wish they talked more about what the practical implications of this really are.

damnit I got to the end of the article till I read that they fixxed it, I was about to go make alot of money =P.
Those programmers had a chance to make loads of money but decided to inform the Planet Poker software ppl. I doubt any of us would willingly inform PartyPoker that we found a profitable (for us) flaw in their system.
Yeah, but they would have gotten greedy and showed off to too many people. Kind of reminds me of justinzee....
Actually, I don't think that ZeeJustin was boasting about multiaccounting. It was JJProdigy that boasted about it on online forums after winning a big MTT. It was in the aftermath of the JJProdigy investigation that ZeeJustin was found as well.
Actually, I don't think that ZeeJustin was boasting about multiaccounting. It was JJProdigy that boasted about it on online forums after winning a big MTT. It was in the aftermath of the JJProdigy investigation that ZeeJustin was found as well.
linkage? I missed all this ><.

Scarry that people are doing this anyway but, from different IP addresses.Many people can connect to poker rooms using a telephone account attached to a different address than their cable internet, and multiple wireless connected laptops.With wireless connections it's very difficult to track the computer's location.

Scarry that people are doing this anyway but, from different IP addresses.Many people can connect to poker rooms using a telephone account attached to a different address than their cable internet, and multiple wireless connected laptops.With wireless connections it's very difficult to track the computer's location.
Kind of funny, but there is a big thread about neverwin getting rolled for 27K. I found it amusing that he has about 6 computers and several UB accounts. Its not that hard to do and thats the sad part.
Just curious---I was a member of Planet Poker back in 1999 and lost over $50K on their site.Is there anything that can be done to get my money back?
I played at Planet Poker at the time that this happened and they handled it well once the problem was found out.The players who were taking advantage of the flaw were only doing it for a short time and Planet returned the money that players lost to them. I received something like $300.If you lost that large a sum of money it wasn't to the players taking advantage of the RNG.
I played at Planet Poker at the time that this happened and they handled it well once the problem was found out.The players who were taking advantage of the flaw were only doing it for a short time and Planet returned the money that players lost to them. I received something like $300.If you lost that large a sum of money it wasn't to the players taking advantage of the RNG.
This is like finding out that my father is really not my father after all these years. Thanks a lot.

whats to keep people at the very high limits (or any limits for that matter) from running 6 or 7 IP lines into one room and playing together just hosing the few people that sit down? I assume collusion could be found eventually through unorthodox plays by the same players, but that kinda stuff skeeers me much more then someone being able to predict the cards.

whats to keep people at the very high limits (or any limits for that matter) from running 6 or 7 IP lines into one room and playing together just hosing the few people that sit down?
If you wanted to cheat in online poker with multiple accounts, an easier way would be to get 3 or 4 trust-worthy friends in different cities/counties (or even in the same city as you, using a different ISP). Then, install a remote client on each of their computers, and access them from your computer (ie: PC Anywhere). Now you can multi-account from a single PC with different IPs for each account. Quick, simple and cheap way to cheat.
whats to keep people at the very high limits (or any limits for that matter) from running 6 or 7 IP lines into one room and playing together just hosing the few people that sit down? I assume collusion could be found eventually through unorthodox plays by the same players, but that kinda stuff skeeers me much more then someone being able to predict the cards.
There are many systems in place to help detect possible colluders. I won't go into detail of what they look for but many different factors are looked at that help to raise a red flag.