Bob Jones University Residence Hall Life

It's an online medium that requires subscription.
I don't have an issue with this any more than I have an issue with The Masters banning women as contestants. Private institutions are private institutions- they can do what they want. If you don't like it, don't go.

First off, Most christains think that pensacola and BJU are both wack job schools... but it is their school and as far as I'm concerned they can have whatever rules they want... it's their school.2nd. For the first 15 years that Pensacola was open, they had blue and pink sidewalks and you could only use the correct gendered walkway or you were suspended.

They still have sexually segregated walkways I believe. And I agree that they are wack job schools. I wasn't trying to insinuate this is what all Christians believe.
So what were you trying to insinuate?
First off, Most christains think that pensacola and BJU are both wack job schools... but it is their school and as far as I'm concerned they can have whatever rules they want... it's their school.2nd. For the first 15 years that Pensacola was open, they had blue and pink sidewalks and you could only use the correct gendered walkway or you were suspended.
Yes and NoYes they can do what they want.No if they want to do it tax free.
Yes and NoYes they can do what they want.No if they want to do it tax free.
If you read Sluggo's article you'll see that PCC had to pay taxes....eventually.Just so the record is straight.
If you read Sluggo's article you'll see that PCC had to pay taxes....eventually.Just so the record is straight.
No
In the mid-90s, A Beka paid nearly $50-million in back taxes after the Internal Revenue Service ruled that it should have been classified as a for-profit entity. The college itself remains nonprofit.
So all donations, fees, services and what not are tax free and tax deductable.

I know someone that went there. We did the non-xian thing and talked about them behind their back. Yeah, not good.I think braveheart mentioned legalism. Someone mentioned the Taliban in comparrison. As much as I want to separate the two, it might be hard. BJ and PCC make these rules in an attempt to give their students the best opportunity to be holy. If given the chance, I believe their leaders would legalize these rules. Here is where legalism comes in. Holiness only works for the individual. If I try to make you do what I do to be holy, it becomes legalism. There are some things that all Xians need to abide by, but some things are subjective. Should you listen to secular music or watch R rated movies for example? These schools tried to legislate holiness. It was/is a well meaning attempt. I personally think it ill-advised.

Legistlating morality is a good thing. I feel that the ban on muder is helping society today.
Bah Sluggo you make me think too hard. I hate when people try to legislate morality but I guess it applies here. Can we condition our approval on how widely-held the social more is? Does it justify, say, imprisonment of a raped woman b/c the majority of Pakistani voters believe it should be so?