How Much Money Have You Won Or Lost At Poker?

How much has poker given (or taken) from you?  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Poker Profits

• I've lost too much to count
    • I've lost a little bit
    • I am about even
    • I have won some money
    • I have won alot
    • I make a living playing poker

I guess a lot is relative.so I'll say what it is for me vs what I thought I'd win/lose playing poker in a yr.and while we are on this topic, nothing is cooler than having like 80 CD's worth of music, some whole, some pieces, saved to your Notebook so you can shuffle play all your fav songs through the new Home Stereo.I Alone Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have won so much money playing poker. I attribute my success to a few important factors. 1. Faith 2. Skill 3. Cheating Now when I wake up in the morning, put on my IPOD and my lucky blouse, I look at myself in the mirror and turn up the volume. My IPOD, which is made by apple, can be purchased at www.bestbuy.com for very little. I listen to alot of the new Hip Hop/Rap music, like Snow and DC Talk... I guess you could say it pumps me up for the big game, which I play in daily. Anyways, I look for two things in myself when I look at that mirror. 1. The Drive to Succeed 2. Any moles that might be cancerous. I know this might be going over all of your heads, but let me tell you one more thing, I promise this will sink in if you repeat it to yourself nightly. Never be afraid to express yourself in other ways besides poker if you are running bad. I'm not sure about this, because I'm new to the forum... but I'm pretty sure nobody here is an avid practicer of the art of Pottery, or Mimery. You really need to expand on what makes you feel good inside, whether it is poetry, drugs, or sex. Keep this in mind, read your poker books, and control the button in NL cash games. Good night, and Love Sneering Pig

ive won some money and ive won alot is ALL relative LOL. Some people would say 1k is alot, while others would need 100k to see they have made alot.
I think what the OP intended by creating this poll was for everyone to choose the option which best defines their poker 'careers'...so bankroll size is all relative.btw, I didn't see a 'Ive lost so much I had a rob a bank' option

Ive net profitted over $7,000 in tournament poker, and roughly $950 in cash games, but lost roughly 4k of those profits by playing stakes that were too high for my BR. Im not doing that anymore though heh* Im an avid Ceramic artist and Tennis player.

Ive net profitted over $7,000 in tournament poker, and roughly $950 in cash games, but lost roughly 4k of those profits by playing stakes that were too high for my BR. Im not doing that anymore though heh* Im an avid Ceramic artist and Tennis player.
did u ever send that vase to daniel?
Ever have a situation where there's probably about 85 different things you could say, but you can't even think of one?

According to this poll, all the money in poker is provided by less than 18% of the players.A lot of us are either: delusional, lying, or are bad record-keepers, or... the magic of FCP protects us from our losses, and delivers us from bad beats.

According to this poll, all the money in poker is provided by less than 18% of the players.A lot of us are either: delusional, lying, or are bad record-keepers, or... the magic of FCP protects us from our losses, and delivers us from bad beats.
No, winning players tend to be attracted to forums.And to posting/voting that they winAs I've stated before, a lot of the players that think they are winning players now, are actualy long term losing players, yet to realize it.use common sense

I am only 21 and over the last year poker has paid for a lot of things. First off when i won the European daily i took my 3200$ down to vegas this past wsop and had a helluva a time. I played the 1500$ buy in and lived it up in vegas for a week. Then when i took 3/965 in the 40K for 4500$ i decided to pay off my lease for the year on the house i have been living in the past couple months. then i took 4/891 in the 40K for 3000$ and i bought a planters paradise grow room kit equipt with 1000 watt light bulbs, air exchangers, hydro water chemicals, fish pump bubblers, the whole nine yards. On top of it all i buy some of the finest herbs in town with poker winnings because the weed helps ease the bad beats.DOS

No, winning players tend to be attracted to forums.And to posting/voting that they winAs I've stated before, a lot of the players that think they are winning players now, are actualy long term losing players, yet to realize it.
I think it's all those things, plus some bending of truth and fuzzy math that ends up overstating wins and understating (or forgetting) losses.Plus there's the "**** it, im not voting" attitude amongst people who've been losing lately, and the "yhey me, im good at the pokers" attitude amongst people who've been on a heater.
I think it's all those things, plus some bending of truth and fuzzy math that ends up overstating wins and understating (or forgetting) losses.Plus there's the "**** it, im not voting" attitude amongst people who've been losing lately, and the "yhey me, im good at the pokers" attitude amongst people who've been on a heater.
Abba,you really did'nt add anything.All your ideas fit into mine.:club:

I play VERY casually, like a couple hours a week, and only started recently. I'm sitting 2nd in a soft Omaha tournament. If I don't finish in the money then I'm exactly breaking even overall, otherwise I'm up by whatever I cash for :club: I know, it's sad, but I'm a married working stiff who's been trying to live off one paycheck for months, so no money for poker :D