I was actually somewhat crushed when I heard this. I really feel for his wife and young family. He was an amazing character and a great man, and will truely be missed.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading some comments from a few guys who have young kids. They were wondering how they were going to break this to their kids who watch Steve daily.
Blame it on terrorists.

You know, I never really got into the Croc hunter show and what not, I always thought he was just some wacko that liked to jump on top of alligators and play with snakes. After watching all the tribute stuff today though, that guy was a pretty freakin good dude.Also, after thinking about it, its almost better that he was killed in a freak accident by an animal that really doesn't kill people often or easily. If he was eaten by a crocodile or bitten by a snake or something, people would've just concentrated on him being crazy or something and say "thats what you get", but since it was such a rare occurence getting stung by a stingray, people can concentrate more on what good things he did.ok, end weird, uncharacteristic, sentimental post

You know, I never really got into the Croc hunter show and what not, I always thought he was just some wacko that liked to jump on top of alligators and play with snakes. After watching all the tribute stuff today though, that guy was a pretty freakin good dude.Also, after thinking about it, its almost better that he was killed in a freak accident by an animal that really doesn't kill people often or easily. If he was eaten by a crocodile or bitten by a snake or something, people would've just concentrated on him being crazy or something and say "thats what you get", but since it was such a rare occurence getting stung by a stingray, people can concentrate more on what good things he did.ok, end weird, uncharacteristic, sentimental post
Since when do you post on this forum?
Actually, that was an excellent analysis!Although, you thought your post was weird, etc., everything that you said made perfect sense.
Same goes for Steve-O and Chris Pontius (sp?) (I know they're much dumber than Steve Irwin was, but they both push their boundries with nature way too often). Eventually, if they keep doing hilariously retarded sh.it they will be eaten by a shark, or a lion.
My favorite post of this thread. I honestly lol'd at the clarification at the end, to make sure he included land predators.RIP steve. NH PartyP.
Who would have thought that someone who wrestles crocs and deadly snakes would have gotten taken out by the ocean's most non-deadliest creature.
I always thought the ocean's most non-deadliest creature was the flounder.
oh those 2 are headed for hot water. i love the show but they are complete morons. i guess i like watching scarey stuff happen at others expense.but the thing is that the whole "he was bound to get eaten by a shark one of these days" doesnt count. it was a ray. very very placid.its like a lion trainer getting eaten by a domestic kitten and people saying "i told him to quit his job".
First CU in 4years post I've ever agreed with... nh cu.
I've seen this elsewhere. People say if there is ever a documentary about Irwin, that the director of Grizzly Man needs to head the project. If someone in Hollywood hasnt already throught of this, I would be shocked.
they are doing a semi doco/tribute on a current affair.think 20/20, its that sort of show.