yeahbut you know with the media these days something like this cant be held quiet. Remember the DC sniper...and the note or whatever the say 'do not release to the media'...what did the media do once the figured it out
i know. the media isnt going to hold anything this big back, its their way of making money, but whoever leaked it/ told the media shouldnt have done it. they should have stopped it before the media found out.
I am genuinely sad, but not surprised.RIP
i admit that it shouldnt be surprising, he did some dangerous stuff, but he just seemed invinsible didnt he? i mean its steve irwin. he was never bit or stung before by anything in his career.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, that was fast. The Wiki on Stingrays actually say that they are not especially theatening and usually swim away to defend themsleves. I am very curious as to how this happened.

Having lived on the Texas Gulf Coast all my life (42 years) I have heard of and known many people who have taken a Stingray barb. But, this is the first time I have ever heard of someone getting barbed in the chest. Though I have heard of people going into shock or having a heart attack after being hit by one. Usually it's wade fisherman or people playing in the surf that get a barb in the ankle or lower leg after stepping on one. I can't even remember of hearing of a diver ever getting barbed. Stingrays aren't aggressive and will only lay into you in an act of defense. I don't know what he was doing, but can imagine it wasn't just getting close to it. What a horrible and painful way to go. My nephew just loved the Crocodile Hunter. Okay I admit, I liked to watch him too. Very sad thing to have happened.

Having lived on the Texas Gulf Coast all my life (42 years) I have heard of and known many people who have taken a Stingray barb. But, this is the first time I have ever heard of someone getting barbed in the chest. Though I have heard of people going into shock or having a heart attack after being hit by one. Usually it's wade fisherman or people playing in the surf that get a barb in the ankle or lower leg after stepping on one. I can't even remember of hearing of a diver ever getting barbed. Stingrays aren't aggressive and will only lay into you in an act of defense. I don't know what he was doing, but can imagine it wasn't just getting close to it. What a horrible and painful way to go. My nephew just loved the Crocodile Hunter. Okay I admit, I liked to watch him too. Very sad thing to have happened.
they arnt aggressive thats the thing. it must have felt cornered, stingreys dont encounter people alot round there, i have been to where it happened and the population isnt big.also to the person who said he didnt get killed by a croc and that was weird, he wasnt all about crocs. he was only coined the crocodile hunter because its funny to hear the word "croc" to americans.

Sucks he died, he was awesome. But I agree with the chris rock quote Keith posted, this dude got to close to often to not eventually be hurt. Even though people wont admit it, Im sure almost everyone watched him at some point and thought "this dude is gonna get eaten eaten one day"Same goes for Steve-O and Chris Pontius (sp?) (I know they're much dumber than Steve Irwin was, but they both push their boundries with nature way too often). Eventually, if they keep doing hilariously retarded sh.it they will be eaten by a shark, or a lion.

Sucks he died, he was awesome. But I agree with the chris rock quote Keith posted, this dude got to close to often to not eventually be hurt. Even though people wont admit it, Im sure almost everyone watched him at some point and thought "this dude is gonna get eaten eaten one day"Same goes for Steve-O and Chris Pontius (sp?) (I know they're much dumber than Steve Irwin was, but they both push their boundries with nature way too often). Eventually, if they keep doing hilariously retarded sh.it they will be eaten by a shark, or a lion.
Steve-O will overdose in the next 5 years.. write it down.
Steve-O will overdose in the next 5 years.. write it down.
oh those 2 are headed for hot water. i love the show but they are complete morons. i guess i like watching scarey stuff happen at others expense.but the thing is that the whole "he was bound to get eaten by a shark one of these days" doesnt count. it was a ray. very very placid.its like a lion trainer getting eaten by a domestic kitten and people saying "i told him to quit his job".
Major controversy arose during a public show on 2 January 2004, when Irwin carried his infant son, Bob, in one arm while feeding a chicken carcass to a crocodile with the other hand. The infant was close to the crocodile, and comparisons were made in the press with Michael Jackson's dangling of his son outside a German apartment window. In addition, child welfare groups, animal rights groups, and many of Irwin's television viewers criticised his actions as being irresponsible and tantamount to child abuse. Irwin claimed that any danger to his son was only a perceived danger and that he was in complete control of the situation, and has consistently refused to apologize for his actions despite considerable public outcry both in Australia and abroad. His defenders pointed to his several decades of hands-on experience and direct interaction with crocodiles. Terri Irwin claimed that their child was in no more real danger than a child being taught to swim would be. No charges were filed (although the police did visit Irwin at his home and advised him not to repeat the incident).
What's your point?
I'm sorry i'm not trying to upset his fans - I'm just pointing out that he was contraversial - I'm definitely sad that he died - I'm just saying it's something that will and maybe should be discussed - whether his methods were legitimate and worthwhile - perhaps they were - really not trying to stir you up just discussing - sorry if i've offended honest
GHandi was controversial. Anyone in the public eye is controversial.
i know. the media isnt going to hold anything this big back, its their way of making money, but whoever leaked it/ told the media shouldnt have done it. they should have stopped it before the media found out.i admit that it shouldnt be surprising, he did some dangerous stuff, but he just seemed invinsible didnt he? i mean its steve irwin. he was never bit or stung before by anything in his career.
This is untrue.

Sad - Yes.Suprising - Not really.Not really the guy who I was waiting to die of old age ya know? Does suck that it was by a stingray though... he had to get pretty unlucky on that front. Crocs will never be the same. RIP.

I for one, am very sad to see this happen.There are very few people with as much passion for what they believe in as Steve.Half the reason I joined this site was because of Daniels enthusiam for poker, I'm sure he could relate to that.