• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve died 34 mins ago from a stingray while filming a doco on marine life there.the news came as a big shock. sad huh?
HOLY CRAP!!! I did not see that coming based on the topic title.Horrible news. But just as someone said in this thread, he died doing what he loved. much respect for Steve Irwin.

I don't wish death on anyone but it reminds me a lot of Chris Rock's appraisel of the Siegfried and Roy incident"That tiger didn't go crazy, That tiger went tiger!"This guy wasn't Jacque Cousteau he taunted animals for a living

I don't wish death on anyone but it reminds me a lot of Chris Rock's appraisel of the Siegfried and Roy incident"That tiger didn't go crazy, That tiger went tiger!"This guy wasn't Jacque Cousteau he taunted animals for a living
He didn't taunt animals... his goal was to teach the world about dangerous animals while respecting their safety, and he did a hell of a fucking job of it.
He didn't taunt animals... his goal was to teach the world about dangerous animals while respecting their safety, and he did a hell of a fucking job of it.
if that's what he was doing - cool, but i'm here to tell you not many people understood that - they were like look at this guy taunting the killer animals
this SUCKS!We loved this maniac.And he truly loved the animals.RIP Steve.man....his poor family..... :club:
Apparently his wife is hiking or mountain climbing or something like that and doesn't know yet.
if that's what he was doing - cool, but i'm here to tell you not many people understood that - they were like look at this guy taunting the killer animals
He put himself in harms way to teach people. Maybe that's what you mean. "Taunt" isn't even in the right ballpark.
He put himself in harms way to teach people. Maybe that's what you mean. "Taunt" isn't even in the right ballpark.
I'm not disputing that you're probably right but most people who watched him didn't get it
Insensitive comment sir.He brought nature to those of us who didnt have the means to witness it ourselves. He wasnt a sideshow act.He didnt taunt animals, he was a conservationist. Animals were never injured in his travels, and many episodes of his show were of him rescuing animals from certain death if he hadnt come in. He made me more knowledgeable on the subject of reptiles. I'm sure there are many others on this board who can say the same.A great man whose work will not be forgotten. RIP

Major controversy arose during a public show on 2 January 2004, when Irwin carried his infant son, Bob, in one arm while feeding a chicken carcass to a crocodile with the other hand. The infant was close to the crocodile, and comparisons were made in the press with Michael Jackson's dangling of his son outside a German apartment window. In addition, child welfare groups, animal rights groups, and many of Irwin's television viewers criticised his actions as being irresponsible and tantamount to child abuse. Irwin claimed that any danger to his son was only a perceived danger and that he was in complete control of the situation, and has consistently refused to apologize for his actions despite considerable public outcry both in Australia and abroad. His defenders pointed to his several decades of hands-on experience and direct interaction with crocodiles. Terri Irwin claimed that their child was in no more real danger than a child being taught to swim would be. No charges were filed (although the police did visit Irwin at his home and advised him not to repeat the incident).

Major controversy arose during a public show on 2 January 2004, when Irwin carried his infant son, Bob, in one arm while feeding a chicken carcass to a crocodile with the other hand. The infant was close to the crocodile, and comparisons were made in the press with Michael Jackson's dangling of his son outside a German apartment window. In addition, child welfare groups, animal rights groups, and many of Irwin's television viewers criticised his actions as being irresponsible and tantamount to child abuse. Irwin claimed that any danger to his son was only a perceived danger and that he was in complete control of the situation, and has consistently refused to apologize for his actions despite considerable public outcry both in Australia and abroad. His defenders pointed to his several decades of hands-on experience and direct interaction with crocodiles. Terri Irwin claimed that their child was in no more real danger than a child being taught to swim would be. No charges were filed (although the police did visit Irwin at his home and advised him not to repeat the incident).
What's your point? I suggest you leave this thread alone, bc you're being a complete asshole.
What's your point? I suggest you leave this thread alone, bc you're being a complete asshole.
Yeah, I really don't see how this has anything to do with Steve's way with taunting animals or whatever point keith is trying to prove. Unless he was teasing the croc by using the son as bait....but I highly doubt that.

yeah i just read about his wife trekking in tasmania. i know how horrible it is to be informed of a close death and it really sucks (understatment).its horrible enough that he is dead but that almost the whole world knows before she does? i think it should have been kept secret untill atleast the wife knows.

I'm sorry i'm not trying to upset his fans - I'm just pointing out that he was contraversial - I'm definitely sad that he died - I'm just saying it's something that will and maybe should be discussed - whether his methods were legitimate and worthwhile - perhaps they were - really not trying to stir you up just discussing - sorry if i've offended honest

on another note, the media really jazzed the baby thing up.they only showed video's from one view, other video's showed the baby about 5 feet away from the croc, no way the croc could have snapped the baby before him.

yeah i just read about his wife trekking in tasmania. i know how horrible it is to be informed of a close death and it really sucks (understatment).its horrible enough that he is dead but that almost the whole world knows before she does? i think it should have been kept secret untill atleast the wife knows.
yeahbut you know with the media these days something like this cant be held quiet. Remember the DC sniper...and the note or whatever the say 'do not release to the media'...what did the media do once the figured it out