Stars '20 % Award Structure'

I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand this payout structure. Everytime I open up a freezeout touramanent on Stars lately my immediate reaction is 'another 20%... screw that" and don't even bother playing it.Seems now, that the majority of the small buy in MTT's on Stars are the 20% award version. Its so weak because say (for example) its a $10.00 buy in with 1000 players. Its gonna pay like the top 175 people or something ridiculous like that...and even then so much money is being paid out of the prize pool and until you get to the final table you are barely making your buy in back. In my opinion: Stars needs to offer the exact OPPOSITE style payout structure where you stack the prize pool on the final table only For example say you have a $10.00 freezeout with 1000 players for 10K in the prize pool. 1st: $3000.002nd: $2500.003rd: $1500.004th: $1000.005th: $750.006th: $500.007th: $300.00etc etc or something to that effect. REWARD the final table !! Thats what poker is all about anyway. Not playing weak tight the entire tourney so you can play for 6 hours just to make 4X your buy in back by limping into the money. The existing 20% structure would only pay the winner apprx: $1800.00 with 10K in the prize pool (same sized field of 1000) paying out the top 175 players.Ok enough said you get the idea I just hate that structure and think they need to offer tourneys with more incentive on the back end.

Ive emailed them saying it's rediculous to do, especially in the smallest buyin tourneys where it makes much more sense to make it top heavy instead of a 2 damn dollar profit to a lot more players. It's rediculous I'd rather not cash and have higher payouts then not at least doulbe my money!

it makes perfect sense for them to do it, they want to keep the micro players playing and paying rake so they want to keep them cashing so they still have money. Its not good for those of us that have a decent bankroll but its best for pokerstars itself.

poker is about winning i thought? so why not just make everything a winner take all event?
well technically they already have 'winner take all' events with the Sunday Million satellites. I wouldn't go as far as to suggest every tourney they offer is 'winner take all' but it wouldnt hurt to mix in some tourneys that stack the final table with the bulk share of the prize pool.
until you get to the final table you are barely making your buy in back. In my opinion: Stars needs to offer the exact OPPOSITE style payout structure where you stack the prize pool on the final table only
Consistency.

I remember when I first started playing poker on Paradise they had a $30.00 buy in for one seat at the WSOP. Basically a winner take all tourney. You have to admit a five figure payoff is pretty strong incentive for a $30.00 buy in.I just think it would be a cool idea to mix in a tourney once in a while that stacks the bulk of the prize pool for the final 9. You'd have a lot less donks who just limp into the money.