This is pretty much my first post, but i've lurked since the beginning. I've been playing holdem for about 2 years and just started playing shorthanded.I've got a solid grasp of most of the fundamentals, but i'm looking to take my game to the next level with some help from you guys. I know that there are some really great minds around here and i know you guys can help my game.One thing that i've noticed since getting PT is my preflop raise %. I've had solid results over 30k hands but i think i may have a serious leak.I understand that you must play looser and more aggressively in short games, but i have a feeling that i may be borderline crasy/aggro.Enough babbling here it is......PT tells me that after 30k hands that: I have a vpip of 32%. - too loose?? I have a preflop raise %of 28%I'm almost positive that this is too aggressive, but i can almost never justify cold calling preflop. Basically, if i'm facing a raise and I have a hand worth playing, I want to 3 bet to isolate in position and take the lead. I cold call in position when facing a raise and several callers. I also seldom 3 bet for example in the bb when the button open raises and sb calls. I know i've been ramblin, but basically my question is, is my preflop raise% way too high, or just slightly more aggressive. Also, any general situations when cold calling is correct?

What stakes do you play?If you play lowish stakes with loose players who limp frequently, then you need to turn a lot of the raises into calls and some of the calls into folds.I would still say those stats are too aggro for even higher stakes games where your fold equity is far greater. What kind of hands/situations do your consider to be your most marginal raises/3bets?A lot of my advice is going to depend on what stakes you play though.

If you're winning 2-3BB/100 then there's no reason to change anything. If your winrate is more marginal then some of those 3-bets and raises might be leaks.I think a lot of it depends on your postflop pay.

If you're winning 2-3BB/100 then there's no reason to change anything. If your winrate is more marginal then some of those 3-bets and raises might be leaks.I think a lot of it depends on your postflop pay.
That's totally silly.2-3 BB/100 after only 30k hands and you think there's no reason to change anything? I might agree with you if the sample was 200k...