Cobalt Is Tricksy (8/16)

Bodog 8/16 LHE (6-handed)Cobalt is Button w/ A :D 4 :D. SB doesn't cold call very often. BB is competent and thinking. I'm viewed as quite tight and my bets are getting respect. I haven't shown down frequently, but when I have, I've had premiums. I do get the sense that someone is ready to play back at my increasingly frequent PFRs/c-bets.Pre-flop:3 folds, Cobalt raises, 1 fold, BB callsFlop (4.5 SB): 6 :) 6 :club: 7 :) (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets, BB raises, Cobalt 3-bets, BB callsTurn (5.25 BB): K :D (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets

Bodog 8/16 LHE (6-handed)Cobalt is Button w/ A :D 4 :D. SB doesn't cold call very often. BB is competent and thinking. I'm viewed as quite tight and my bets are getting respect. I haven't shown down frequently, but when I have, I've had premiums. I do get the sense that someone is ready to play back at my increasingly frequent PFRs/c-bets.Pre-flop:3 folds, Cobalt raises, 1 fold, BB callsFlop (4.5 SB): 6 :) 6 :club: 7 :) (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets, BB raises, Cobalt 3-bets, BB callsTurn (5.25 BB): K :D (2 players)BB checks, Cobalt bets
If you know you are getting respect, do you really think he would check raise with no pair? IMO, 3betting in this spot is only correct if you think he will fold a 7, you think he is on a draw, or, like you said, you think he may be putting a play on you and A high is good. What was your reasoning here for the 3 bet?
IMO, 3betting in this spot is only correct if you think he will fold a 7, you think he is on a draw, or, like you said, you think he may be putting a play on you and A high is good. What was your reasoning here for the 3 bet?
All of the above.

Opponents do funny things on paired flops.I've seen the bluff check-raise against the PFR on an XXY flop often.And against opponents who I have seen making tricky plays, I 3bet the flop as well.My typical follow up is:- check down the river - fold to a turn raise --CM

I don't get his post, is he asking what to do on the turn or what? He never finished the hand.
when posting hands in strat you leave out results.
I don't get his post, is he asking what to do on the turn or what? He never finished the hand.
It's mostly a matter of asking how people like the line that I took up to that point. For what it's worth, villain folded in this spot. He claimed that he had a 7. And honestly, if I'm in his shoes, I think I'd have to fold too. I mean, what could I reasonably have that he'd be beating?
It's mostly a matter of asking how people like the line that I took up to that point. For what it's worth, villain folded in this spot. He claimed that he had a 7. And honestly, if I'm in his shoes, I think I'd have to fold too. I mean, what could I reasonably have that he'd be beating?
A4s?