• $4k - $6k
    • $6k - $8k
    • $8k - $10k
    • $10k+
  2. 2. I will focus on

• MTT
    • SNG
    • Cash games

Whoooooooooooo!I'm officially up in September!Either way, if I make about $2500 more this month, I'm quitting my job. W00t w00t.
CONGRATS MAN! The funny thing is I actually quit my job today where I was making $14 an hour 40hours a week, to play poker full time now. I'm going pro man. Wish me luck. GL to you too!
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play 10k hands online. Play between 80-100 hours live. I'd like to profit about 4k but I think I could probably do much better than that if I stick to playing the amount of time that I would like to play. I'd also like to curb my spending as much as possible. I don't know what type of monetary goal to set for that but hopefully bc I'll be playing so much I'll be spending less time drinking and blowing money. I will be in Florida for a week during September so that may disrupt my live goals a bit. I'll also be playing a WPT pre-lim event at the Borgota Poker Open and a prelim event at the USPC so I'd like to cash in one of those.
So I got my money situation worked out and put in a live session yesterday.. sick sick session.5 hours played live so far= +1k. 3k away from my goal in 5 hours, lol. Yay for running super hot and coolering everyone.

September has been great so far I'm averaging 22 BBs / 100 after 3800 hands of NL which is a great feeling since I lost half my roll in August. Unfortunately I'm not playing at my usual limits.Hopefully it keeps up cause August almost made me retire.

Well, I finally put in some good hours yesterday. Played an hour in the afternoon playing one 30/60 table and one 10/20 table finishing the session down $315. Then, at night I split between a 30/60 table and a 20/40 table, and put in 4 hours. It was swingy as **** as I went from up $1,200 to down $1,200 back to even back to down $1,200 and finally finished up $300, leaving me..... down $15 for the day over 1,000 hands or so.I was getting sucked out on a lot, but it's only fair as I've been running really hot lately. In fact, that $315 I lost in the afternoon session was my worst losing session so far since I started playing Stud again.

I didn't really win anything tonight, but I'm pretty happy about my session. I played two tables of SHLO8, one table of Razz, and a table of NLHE. I haven't mixed games like that in a while. Razz was initially driving me nuts, but I finally started having some hands hold for a comeback. And I think SHLO8 might be my new favorite game thanks to Naked_Cowboy. I feel like my edge on my opponents is huge...as they play the game so badly (passively/loosely).

I don't have a specific net-profit goal for September, but if I'm able to keep the ROI I currently have after 50 $5 STTs somewhat at the same level, I should be able to comfortably move up to the $10 STTs which would be very nice.

Reduced my weekly hands to 6k because im (to my own surprise) going to get a job soon.And ive completely my first weeks worth of hands with it being my worst week yet. Slightly better than break even at the tables, and +$650 total.

Reduced my weekly hands to 6k because im (to my own surprise) going to get a job soon.And ive completely my first weeks worth of hands with it being my worst week yet. Slightly better than break even at the tables, and +$650 total.
reason?

Nice work Zach. I typically bet $100 to $500 a game for football anyway, but it was still pretty nice to get the free hit on Pittsburgh. I ended up getting my bet in just under the wire myself on Tuesday night, as they closed the promotion about an hour after I bet on Pittsburgh.

If I make $2000-2700 more this month, I'm quitting my job.GL me.- Zach
GL man, that was the same thing I said, and now I quit. I built up over 800BB in 2-4 limit so I figured it was time to go for it. i actually made more than that but after expenses, that was the liquid cash I still had left for my BR.Funny thing is, the day after I quit my job to go "pro" I get raped, for $250, then the next day they rape me for $550. LOL. It's all coming back, just takes time. Im up +$200 today on FT, so wish me luck too! I need it!
reason?
For getting a job?I dont know. I got two offers recently (through a friends parent at his accounting office, and through a friend of the family at laura secord corporate offices). Sounds like it'd be good experience, and it'll get my parents off my back. Im going to talk to the latter on sunday to discuss the specifics... so we'll see.If you mean "why" as in why im having the worst week yet... it's because ISAP.
For getting a job?I dont know. I got two offers recently (through a friends parent at his accounting office, and through a friend of the family at laura secord corporate offices). Sounds like it'd be good experience, and it'll get my parents off my back. Im going to talk to the latter on sunday to discuss the specifics... so we'll see.If you mean "why" as in why im having the worst week yet... it's because ISAP.
$60 and hour wouldn't get your parents off your back???
yeah, i meant for the job, given previous discussions.sounds like some good opportunities though, so glad to hear you're doing it for the right reasons.and since i'm posting here:my september goals:- study for my two coursespretty much no poker in august, nor september. running a little low on funds, so i'll probably put in 10-20K hands this month to grab some decent boni. poker is not a priority until i find out how hard this CFA course is.
I dont need the money.. and that isnt why they want me to get one.And on a positive note, i came in 2nd in the VIP invitational for $300 which makes it now only a slightly below average week.
But if they knew how much money you made why would they care? LOl Oh well, anyway, this past week at PartyPoker has been a rape and a half. Dumped nearly 200BB from the sickest $HIT you can imagine. I played 2400 hands a day, and for the last 3, Ive been getting raped.A THE BRIGHT SIDE....I went to FT for the dumb bonus and the rakeback and I did well. I played 1400 hands and made well. +$250. So I got a bit back. Just gotta keep grinding, and get it back day by day.

I don't know if any of you guys read my blog but check out this hand I was involved in earlier this week at the Taj.. sickesthandever lol. Very next hand was one of the sickest hands I've ever seen. The KJh kid was on super tilt as his big stack and shrunk to just about $80. He limped, I limped with 57d, Q raised to $10 and again the Borgota dealer raised to $40 yet again. The button player this time who was a big donk and had a big stack called the $40 cold. KJh kid called the $40 as well leaving himself $37 behind, I called $38 cold looool and Q called as well. So 5 way to the flop $200 in the pot. Flop comes Qx 7h 6h. KJh kid puts his last $37 in like I expected him to do. I think for a while and just call and see what everyone else does behind me. Q raises to $100 total. Borgota dealer has AA and folds. Other cold caller had suited connectors and folds. I tell Q I hate him and fold my pair of 7's. Here is the sick thing.. its now a $320 pot and Q has 45h for 5 high and the other kid has 810c for ten high. Ten high holds and takes down a hugggge pot hahaha. So sick.

good times 4 tabling and dropping 6 buy ins.blah.- Jordan
That fun little session has made me feel vindictive. I just put in some sessions on the 9th/10th and won back $1.5k. It's on now, September. 10k here I come.- Jordan