• $4k - $6k
    • $6k - $8k
    • $8k - $10k
    • $10k+
  2. 2. I will focus on

• MTT
    • SNG
    • Cash games

Those hands you posted are what my month been in a nutshell. Except I played 1k and 2k nl when it happened.Sucky biscuits.I ran KK into AA again yesterday in a cash game. Really getting sick of that.I dunno, I think I'm stuck like 4k-5k this month.hehe- Jordan
If players still make these plays at 1000NL and 2000NL then I HAVE to move up quicker. 4-5k is nothing at 1 and 2k NL. Just have to run hot.
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If players still make these plays at 1000NL and 2000NL then I HAVE to move up quicker. 4-5k is nothing at 1 and 2k NL. Just have to run hot.
I know. I usually play 400nl though. I found some really good games obv and lost buy ins each time. GG AA gg KK gg standard stuff.- Jordan
You don't think this has anything to do with the fact that you 4-table low-level LHE all the time, do you? Seriously, if I play the same game for more than a month at a time, I go batshit insane too, and I play significantly less hands than you do. You have to shake it up! I'm getting back around to LHE in my rotation now, and it's kinda fun because I haven't played it seriously since March. Try PLO, 7-stud, and NLHE phases, and you'll have a lot more fun.
Great point, Iggy. It also helps me to mix in a few mess around sessions at much lower levels where I can just go kinda crazy and try to bad beat people. The problem is it can become addicting, lol. Me and Jordan have had some crazy $10 NL sessions where we just push all-in every hand and watch chaos ensue.

After blowing my bankroll over the summer playing games that were way over my head and then having nothing left to play on, i finally got a friend of mine to back me $5, so i'm trying to grind it out on poker stars and trying that new idea (sw) called bankroll management. Up to $18 after a few hours of play one and two tabling 1c/2c and 2c/5c. I guess my goal would be to make as much as I can and learn to stay within my bankroll. And also learn when to get up from the table after a nice win.

After blowing my bankroll over the summer playing games that were way over my head and then having nothing left to play on, i finally got a friend of mine to back me $5, so i'm trying to grind it out on poker stars and trying that new idea (sw) called bankroll management. Up to $18 after a few hours of play one and two tabling 1c/2c and 2c/5c. I guess my goal would be to make as much as I can and learn to stay within my bankroll. And also learn when to get up from the table after a nice win.
I respect that.Don't give up.Best of luck.

A little update:After my good run a week ago, I finally took down a $22 180 on Stars today. After taking out $700 for bills, my br is at $1.4k. Hopefully I can build that up even more, and I am hoping to FT two more MTT's/180's before the month is over. Good luck everybody!And Ice_Wolf, good luck man, it will really make you appreciate your bankroll when you build it up, and will hopefully help you practice better bankroll management in the future. Good luck, keep us updated.

W00t!Well one of my more long term goals has been acheived this month.I've played 2 WCOOP events, the $530 NLHE, and the $530 PLHE events and I've cashed in both of them!414/4495 for $1123.75 in the NL, and 73/1095 in the PL for $1095.00I'm a little pumped with my results.- Zach

Bah, I wanted to play both those WCOOP events today, but I got all into football and setting up my new laptop and forgot all about them. I guess I'll just have to wait for the Stud event on Monday.

WAY TO GOZACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Hope you didn't sell too much of yourself!)
lolI held 61.5% of myself in the first one, and 80% of myself in the PL.Profitable situations for each party, while me risking a slightly smaller portion of my BR, since clearly these are out of my roll.I was soooo close to making a deep run tonight...3-outer killed me.
lolI held 61.5% of myself in the first one, and 80% of myself in the PL.Profitable situations for each party, while me risking a slightly smaller portion of my BR, since clearly these are out of my roll.I was soooo close to making a deep run tonight...3-outer killed me.
Well done anyway and congrats on the cash. :club:

Recovered from my slide. The big dip is the slide. Finally got my 2nd monitor fixed... can play more tables and hence more hands. Hoping to put some marathon sessions in before the month is over.untitledxa4.png

Nutbarring is so unbelievably fun, I wish I could make a living at it...nutbarringua0.jpgHere are some of my gems:PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :) , 7 :club: . CO posts a blind of $0.03. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.02. 1 fold, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 raises, 4 folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 caps, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: (14 SB) 6 :club: , 9 :heart: , 7 :D(3 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.Turn: (12 BB) Q :club:(3 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.River: (22 BB) 2 :heart:(3 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.Final Pot: 24 BBResults in white below: Hero has As 7s (one pair, sevens). MP1 has 2s Jc (one pair, twos). Outcome: Hero wins 24 BB. PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is Button with A :club: , 4 :club: . UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, BB caps, UTG calls, Hero calls.Flop: (12.50 SB) 4 :D , 3 :D , K :P(3 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls.Turn: (7.75 BB) T :P(3 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB raises, UTG folds, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.River: (15.75 BB) T :club:(2 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.Final Pot: 23.75 BBResults in white below: BB has 9s 2s (one pair, tens). Hero has Ah 4h (two pair, tens and fours). Outcome: Hero wins 23.75 BB. Pure value betting baby.PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is SB with Q :) , 7 :) . 1 fold, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, MP1 calls, Button caps, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.Flop: (16 SB) 7c , 9s , Js (4 players)Hero bets, BB calls, MP1 raises, Button 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.Turn: (15 BB) Ad (4 players)Hero bets, BB calls, MP1 folds, Button folds.River: (17 BB) 8h (2 players)Hero bets, BB folds.Final Pot: 18 BBResults in white below: Hero has Qd 7d (one pair, sevens). Outcome: Hero wins 18 BB.

Still not getting in enough hands. Not really my fault though, the games just aren't that good. Here is my routine: I wake up at around 11, play a two hour session. Go out. Come back at around 5 and play another 2 hour session. Go out. Come back whenever and play another two hour session. The only problem is that there just aren't that many good games so I end up like 4 tabling. Another problem is that the marks get busted and I leave the game and there aren't any other good games going. The result is, a small number of hands.untitledrl9.pngSome people have PM me about the graph. You can get them for free. Just google PokerGrapher or PokerPatterns. You need PokerTracker to graph your results.

Still not getting in enough hands. Not really my fault though, the games just aren't that good. Here is my routine: I wake up at around 11, play a two hour session. Go out. Come back at around 5 and play another 2 hour session. Go out. Come back whenever and play another two hour session. The only problem is that there just aren't that many good games so I end up like 4 tabling. Another problem is that the marks get busted and I leave the game and there aren't any other good games going. The result is, a small number of hands.untitledrl9.pngSome people have PM me about the graph. You can get them for free. Just google PokerGrapher or PokerPatterns. You need PokerTracker to graph your results.
what site do you play on?