Does Dn Have To Say This Every Pot?

I only got through the first page, so I apologize if this was said after. For anyone that remembers it better help fill it in....A hand on HSP he played against Eli, he made a loose river call and threw out a bunch of hands that he was trying to put ELI on. None of which included a gut shot str8 draw which Eli hit. After the hands are shown Daniel says, "Well that's the other option" and Eli snaps back basically telling him he's full of it. It doesn't annoy me, but I do notice it and it's kinda silly. If he is on the right end of it, it's sorta arrogant to call out the other guy (unless he's doing it for strategic purposes); and if he's on the wrong end... aka still calling when he's behind.... if you knew he had that why call?Disclaimer: This message does not knock him as a poker player. just in case.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a thing that also bugs the hell out of me about him too. It's true, just about EVERY single time he sees a players cards, he says something to the effect of "yeah, I had you on that" or whatever. I think DN is a pretty big bullsh*tter. Yeah, he's good, but he doesn't know what the other players have EVERY time like he acts like he does.
While I doubt he does it every time, it's a little like telling someone you bought something for a good price and they tell you they could have got you a better deal. Sometimes it's "stfu" sometimes it's "yeah, you're right".It's also a classic way for someone to get a read, but I think it's kind of an angle shot, to start naimng possible holdings, looking to see if a guy blushes or winks or does something to indicate the talker is right. Personally, I don't do it.

Rman, that's so funny because as I was watching the PPT last night I said the exact same thing to my friends. Don't get me wrong, I think Negreanu is one of, if not the best poker player today. I just find it funny that EVERY hand he knows what his opponent has. He is spooky good sometimes though. My personal favorite recently is from the World Series (the episode that was on Tuesday) where he was in a hand with that Aussie to his right and the guy flopped a set. By the river, DN was like "I know you have a set - 4s or 6s?!? 4s or 6s?!?!? 4s or 6s?!?! I almost screamed out 4s myself!

Don't get me wrong, Daniel is a great player and has awesome reading abilities but I sometimes get the feeling that if I were to sit down at his table, and he has never seen me before and I were to raise in middle position, have everyone around the table fold, show my AQs, he would say, "that's what I put you on."
:club: i agree

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but he did this AGAIN last night on the PPT. Bigler bluffed him with a low pair, daniel folded, Bigler showed, and immediately Daniel said that he knew he had a low pair.Mark

Oh hells to the no. I'm obsessive compulsive when it comes to making sure my chicken is cooked all the way.Low heat, long time.Crispy on the outside, cooked well on the in.Besides, I only use boneless, skinless breasts, so it's easy to cut into thinner pieces, ensuring thorough cookage.
The secret to GOOD chicken on the grill is the Helix cigar.Light one before you put the chicken on, turn them as normal, when the cigar is done, the chicken is perfect.Man I am hungry now\And the Dn thing, he got bluffed early in the episode, so he isn't always right. But I was in one of those $10 tournies he used to play on FCP now and again, and he read my hand online. Typed it in.Scary stuff.

After sleeping with a woman the woman made a confession, here is the conversation.Lady, "wow, that was great."Daniel, "eh, i've had better."Lady, "I have a confession to make though."Daniel, "oh yeah, what's that?"Lady, "I have gohnerria"Daniel, "That's what I thought you had."

Here's a novel concept, maybe they don't show every hand that is played on the tv. In fact maybe they select hands that they consider "interesting" to show. Maybe "interesting" includes those hands in which a player makes (or claims to make) such reads, along with the all-in coin flips...Or maybe you're right, and he really did say that on every hand he has ever played.
You're an idiot. There is absolutely no editing that goes into producing a poker show. Do some research pal. What's next?? You'll be coming in here trying to convince all of us that pictures in Playboy or Maxim are airbrushed. You conspiracy theorists drive me bonkers.The super-obvious......s/w.
After sleeping with a woman the woman made a confession, here is the conversation.Lady, "wow, that was great."Daniel, "eh, i've had better."Lady, "I have a confession to make though."Daniel, "oh yeah, what's that?"Lady, "I have gohnerria"Daniel, "That's what I thought you had."
LOL :club::D:D:D NH
LMAO :club::D:D
laugh.gifAhh that was good.