Write down any bad ideas you may have.Bad Idea #1Movie Title: Commutator ZeroMovie Description: An alien, Z, who takes the form of a man, comes to earth from a far away galaxy. Actually, he comes from so far away that the physical laws in his home universe are much different from our own. One of the more interesting laws in his homeland is the "commutator zero" law, which is the name given for the fact that it does not matter what order you do things. Ever. For example, you would probably agree that the order of the following tasks is important for the ultimate outcome:1. Fill a pot with water2. Boil water3. Put hand in water4. Take hand out of waterNow do this:1. Fill a pot with water2. Put hand in water3. Take hand out of water4. Boil waterVery different outcomes due to a modest reordering of tasks, yes? But in Zuzuu (Z's home planet, and universe, where also z and u are the only letters they have, so they have to use the same name for planet and universe, due of course to the very limited number of words they can actually create) the order does not matter! Wrap your head around that. Of course you can't, it's like trying to imagine a fourth spatial dimension or a new color.Ok, so I hope you're following. Now, Z comes to earth, and since he is used to the order of tasks never being an issue, hilarious occurences, well, they occur. The first hilarious occurence will probably be the hand in the boiling water bit. I'm not sure how to motivate that scene, but it will come. Another hilarious occurence could be when Z goes to the bathroom! Yes, you've probably already thought of this. Recommended order: Go to the bathroom, then clean yourself up. What Z does is this: Cleans himself up, then goes to the bathroom! Leaving himself unclean! Gross!So, after a good two hours of exploring Z and his interesting dilemma, the movie will "end" and the audience will be asked to leave. Once the patrons have left the theatre, the real ending will be shown to an empty theatre. This seemingly absurd conclusion of course is one final illustration, that indeed, on planet earth, the order of doing things is very important! This is art baby.This is a really bad idea.

How about, a "Jump to Conclusions" mat? There's a plastic cover on the ground, with different conclusions, that you can "jump to"!!!!!
This is horrible, this idea
????????????????Is this thread only for bad movie ideas, or bad ideas in general?
Any bad idea will do
Write down any bad ideas you may have.Bad Idea #1Movie Title: Commutator ZeroMovie Description: An alien, Z, who takes the form of a man, comes to earth from a far away galaxy. Actually, he comes from so far away that the physical laws in his home universe are much different from our own. One of the more interesting laws in his homeland is the "commutator zero" law, which is the name given for the fact that it does not matter what order you do things. Ever. For example, you would probably agree that the order of the following tasks is important for the ultimate outcome:1. Fill a pot with water2. Boil water3. Put hand in water4. Take hand out of waterNow do this:1. Fill a pot with water2. Put hand in water3. Take hand out of water4. Boil waterVery different outcomes due to a modest reordering of tasks, yes? But in Zuzuu (Z's home planet, and universe, where also z and u are the only letters they have, so they have to use the same name for planet and universe, due of course to the very limited number of words they can actually create) the order does not matter! Wrap your head around that. Of course you can't, it's like trying to imagine a fourth spatial dimension or a new color.Ok, so I hope you're following. Now, Z comes to earth, and since he is used to the order of tasks never being an issue, hilarious occurences, well, they occur. The first hilarious occurence will probably be the hand in the boiling water bit. I'm not sure how to motivate that scene, but it will come. Another hilarious occurence could be when Z goes to the bathroom! Yes, you've probably already thought of this. Recommended order: Go to the bathroom, then clean yourself up. What Z does is this: Cleans himself up, then goes to the bathroom! Leaving himself unclean! Gross!So, after a good two hours of exploring Z and his interesting dilemma, the movie will "end" and the audience will be asked to leave. Once the patrons have left the theatre, the real ending will be shown to an empty theatre. This seemingly absurd conclusion of course is one final illustration, that indeed, on planet earth, the order of doing things is very important! This is art baby.This is a really bad idea.
If the order one does things didn't matter then wouldn't the outcome be the same no matter what order tasks were performed? If the outcome is different depending on the order the tasks are completed then obviously the order does matter.You're right, that is a bad idea.You win!
If the order one does things didn't matter then wouldn't the outcome be the same no matter what order tasks were performed? If the outcome is different depending on the order the tasks are completed then obviously the order does matter.You're right, that is a bad idea.You win!
I guess I wasn't clear. Z is on Earth, a planet where the order does matter. He still acts as though order does not matter, due to his upbringing.
How about, a "Jump to Conclusions" mat? There's a plastic cover on the ground, with different conclusions, that you can "jump to"!!!!!
this is a fantastic idea. just don't try to kill yourself and get hit by a car.
Last night I tried to pick a girl up in a bar after 15ish jaeger shots with the opening line, "Excuse me, Miss? I couldn't help knowing your breath smells like penis."Wang
Wang! Howya been man?
One of the more interesting laws in his homeland is the "commutator zero" law, which is the name given for the fact that it does not matter what order you do things.
So is there no uncertainty principle where he's from?Take that, Heisenberg.
Asking Jamie Gold for money is probably a bad idea.
Hang, I say this with all sincerity and concern, but this jamie gold jihad you're on is starting to worry me. That being said sometimes it's funny as hell.
So is there no uncertainty principle where he's from?Take that, Heisenberg.
Exactly. The sequel to this movie involves an earthling travelling back with Z to Zuzuu, the planet, and we get to see what a universe is like with no uncertainty principle. Or noncommutative geometry. One of the lines that will be in the movie trailer will be the human saying "Z, this math equation just can't be solved! Or at least it does not correspond to the reality I perceive.", to which Z replies "But you're still working in a noncommutative framework! Earthling, you look foolish to me, as I did to you, when I stuck my hand in that pot of boiling water." That's when the laugh track kicks in (my movie will make use of this technique liberally).Awesome.
Exactly. The sequel to this movie involves an earthling travelling back with Z to Zuzuu, the planet, and we get to see what a universe is like with no uncertainty principle. Or noncommutative geometry. One of the lines that will be in the movie trailer will be the human saying "Z, this math equation just can't be solved! Or at least it does not correspond to the reality I perceive.", to which Z replies "But you're still working in a noncommutative framework! Earthling, you look foolish to me, as I did to you, when I stuck my hand in that pot of boiling water." That's when the laugh track kicks in (my movie will make use of this technique liberally).
go on...

About five years ago me and a few friends get some mushrooms and sit down for a nice party. Well about an hour into it we look out his window and there is a huge hillside that you can see so I suggest why don't we run up that hillside. (Mind you it is a steep hillside) So my one friend says hell yeah so we charge on up this hill side. We get to the top and are looking out over the city sitting on a rock thinking how ****ed up it is we built a city over all this open land and all that stuff that you think of when you are fryin on mushrooms.Well we go to trek back down the hill and mind you it is a steep hill and I look at my friend and I say"I have the greatest Idea ever"He says" Okay what's that"I say" Let's roll down the hill!"At this point he looks over at me and says"That is the worst idea you have ever had"So then i realize that I am frying pretty hard and that it is indeed the worst idea I have ever had. And to this day he won't let me live it down. Oh well good times

Exactly. The sequel to this movie involves an earthling travelling back with Z to Zuzuu, the planet, and we get to see what a universe is like with no uncertainty principle. Or noncommutative geometry. One of the lines that will be in the movie trailer will be the human saying "Z, this math equation just can't be solved! Or at least it does not correspond to the reality I perceive.", to which Z replies "But you're still working in a noncommutative framework! Earthling, you look foolish to me, as I did to you, when I stuck my hand in that pot of boiling water." That's when the laugh track kicks in (my movie will make use of this technique liberally).Awesome.
Just get Brad Pitt or Jude Law or someone to star in it and you've got a hit. Here's I'll transfer you $10 Million as an investment.
About five years ago me and a few friends get some mushrooms and sit down for a nice party. Well about an hour into it we look out his window and there is a huge hillside that you can see so I suggest why don't we run up that hillside. (Mind you it is a steep hillside) So my one friend says hell yeah so we charge on up this hill side. We get to the top and are looking out over the city
Wow, this is exactly like an adventure we had while camping along a river valley. It was pitch black and the coyotes were howling so it was a freak show. We were so fried we tried to ski down the hill with our shoes on. Buddy fell and bled a little. Good times...
  • 1 year later...

Bad Movie IdeaThe location is a small nameless country. We are shown people making the worst decision possible at every point of the day. The movie could start with a montage of such moments. A man comes to a crosswalk and sees the red light with speeding traffic in each direction. He, of course, crosses the street miraculously unharmed. A stunningly beautiful woman gives her phone number to a disgusting, poor slob. The slob throws it away. Just people making horrible decisions all the time. Then we meet our hero. He is at work and stumbles upon a fund of $30 million that he could easily claim as his own with nobody knowing. He tells his boss that the money rightfully belongs to the company since he found it in the office. His boss fires him. With security watching him, he takes the money. Security lets him go.Now, his way of life dictates that he go blow that money as needlessly as possible, but he has an epiphany. He wonders why he must live this way and he starts stuffing envelopes full of money into everyone’s mailboxes. The people, of course, do not accept the money and leave it sitting there. The police get wind of his doings and set out to arrest him.Meanwhile, the rightful owners of the money (a criminal organization obviously) enter the country in an attempt to get their money back. Here is where a chase scene would go where the criminals are constantly thwarted because they expect the police to make logical choices, but they do not.Through some extraordinarily insightful plot device, the hero and the criminals end up in a court of law and the judge must decide who should get the money.The judge gives a thoughtful monologue about the choices we make and the consequences we must live with and he talks about the founding father of the country, Mr. Epherzakian, or “E” for short. He was a great man who challenged people’s perceptions and forced them out of their bad habits. He was a good man, a man of the people. “Good ol’ Murph” people would say; there’s a real leader. “And that,” the judge says, “is why we follow the law he established for us….Murph E.’s Law.”