Playing live 1-2NL hold'em and was dealt JJ on the button. A maniac in first position raised $25, he had been raising probably 65-70% of the hands dealt, many times showing down A6o, A4s, whatever. One caller. Then to me. I was short-stacked with just $105 in front of me... The sb had just sat down but looked very tight. The bb was about 150 years old and extremely loose. Deeper-stacked I would probably have raised to $75-80 to get a better idea of where I was at and/or isolate, but that wasn't an option here. So what's the better play--push or just call and see the flop, letting 3 others see it with me (I just assumed the bb would call)?

Not that it matters all that much since I was so short, but I probably should have mentioned other stack sizes: bb was a little over 200, maybe 250fp preflop raiser had 450-500mid position caller was about 300.

And PPS: This post isn't motivated at all by results-oriented thinking... I was losing the pot either way. I just want some input on which play is better and maybe if I'm lucky some explanation of why people think so.

Perfect example of a squeeze play...and you have a good hand.Good push.If you haven't read HOH II, Harrington outlines a play at the WSOP final table where a loose player raises in early position and another player calls him (because he knows he is loose). Harrington made a gigantic raise with 26o which folded out the AQs behind him, and the original raiser and caller.You don't have the stack to get both players to fold, but you have the 4th best hand in poker.

Perfect example of a squeeze play...and you have a good hand.
don't know if the squeeze will work here especially if random limper is deeper stacked and understands pots odds. this may be a stop n go situation provided the flop is A and K less
Not that it matters all that much since I was so short, but I probably should have mentioned other stack sizes: bb was a little over 200, maybe 250fp preflop raiser had 450-500mid position caller was about 300.
I think it does matter, because it affects how the caller plays his hand.If we push, the blinds fold, and the raiser calls, there's about $235 in the pot when it gets to the flat caller. If he stacks the maniac, he gets that $235 plus another $200. The most he can win is $235 + $200 = $435. He's calling $85, so his maximum implied odds are 5:1. That's not very good if he thinks he's going uphill against us in the main pot. We'd like for him to fold two overs to our jacks, so I like to push and hope for heads-up.

I like the push here, as you have too many cards to dodge here in 3 way action. your either going into the pot ahead, or so far behind that even if you hit your all rag flop and pushed your gonna lose all your money anyways. Plus you gain a very small amount of fold equity this way.

This is such an easy push.Calling stinks since the maniac is going to bet most of the flops that scare us anyways, and his bet will probably put us all in.And you definitely have equity here. Puuuuuuush.

Shove preflop. You're short stacked and jacks is a vulnerable hand. If you call and the flop is AK5 suited, you're committed and have to hope to God that your jacks are good.
ummm.... no, if we call $20 and the flop comes AK5 and there is action in front of us, we most certainly ARE NOT commited when we have a $105 stack. I see arguments for calling and pushing, if you really think you can get it heads up by pushing, push. If not too sure, I don't see anything wrong with calling hoping to see a low flop.