Give Me The Best Reason Why You Love Playing This Amazing Game, Excluding $

I'll start off, One of the biggest things I love about the game and why I play is the many strategic ways to play, I love figuring out what others might have, figuring out what I should do in certain situations (and everyone is different). And also the social thing, I love sitting down at a poker table and just talking about hands and other stuff like past poker experiences. Anyways, i'd love to know what others think..lates
Mr. Lee?????

Mostly it gives me an outlet for my competitiveness. Plus I love the strategy aspect, in a lot of ways a good poker game is basically mental combat and I love that about it.

2 thingsIt's impossible to have a "perfect" game at poker so it's a constant battle to learn and improve and the only way to tell if you've improved is to play a lot (ie long term results).It's a self contained world where you can forget about everything else in life and focus on just what's in front of you.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at a poker table, the image that goes with it, the feeling of chip shuffling and having huge stacks in front of you, the feeling of jamming your chips into the pot Phil Hellmuth style when you have the nuts and the feeling of bluffing someone out of a pot. It's a great game. Money is really one of the lesser reasons that I play.

The reason I play is because I'm too old and slow to compete at a reasonable level in sports. Poker gives me the same feeling sports used to.

to me its the same kind of entertainment i used to get from playing video games for hours but i make money at iti also enjoy the challenge of trying to exercise disipline and self control since away from a poker table i dont really have any

It's not really just poker. I love games and gambling.Money and ease of finding games makes me play poker more often but I enjoy a round of golf, dominos or a night at the craps table just as much.

I enjoy the mental challenge that the game provides, and the general competition.The money has allowed me to quit my part-time job which in turn allows me to spend more time at home with my fiance and little boy. Can't beat that.